Help me choose! Victory, Valor, Liberty, or Paradise?

OSUcruiser

Looking at a 4 day for my niece 26, mom 80, and myself 48.   Mom and I have sailed a lot.  Niece has never cruised. Mom is slower to get around now.  Ports are not a big concern.  Overall Ship condition is important.  Looking at a balcony or possibly suite for extra room.  I was on Liberty in January 2019.  I have been on Valor, but its been awhile.

Let me know your thoughts on:

Liberty

Victory

Paradise (Does it have a Lido screen?)

Valor

Thanks!

Hands down, the Liberty.  I haven't been on Valor, but out of the other three my choice would be Liberty.  I've been on Liberty twice and Victory twice.  I have enjoyed all my cruises with Carnival, but would pick Liberty for the Steakhouse if that interests you any.  Also Paradise doesn't have the LIdo movie screen.  I end up watching a couple of movies on the deck each cruise. Its a pleasant feature especially if the weather is great.  Curl up with a towel at night and a bag of popcorn and its enjoyable.  My last cruise was on the Victory and although we had a great time, the CD was amazing, but I did miss not having the Steakhouse option.  Also it depends on where ship is leaving from.  It is easier and cheaper for me to get to Port Canaveral from where I live than it is Miami.  I could also drive, so I tend to prefer Liberty which is out of Port Canaveral.  You can do a side-by-side comparison on carnival's site with 3 ships at a time and see what has what or is missing something.  Enjoy either ship you choose.

I have been on every ship multiple times with the exception of Valor.  I would pick Liberty because it is one of my favorite Carnival ships, but Valor would be a good pick too. Actually, any ship would be a good choice, but Conquest class ships are always fun. 

• 5 weeks later...

I have sailed on both the Valor and the Liberty.  I have sailed on the Liberty several times and have 2 more trips booked on her.  I loved the Valor and would sail on that ship again in a heartbeat.  My decision would be based on which port do you prefer and if the destinations are different.  The crew on both ships are happy and cheerful.  Both ships were well maintained in my opinion as well.

We just turned Diamond on a 5 day cruise on the Paradise.  It was in excellent shape and very clean and nice after a dry dock.   We loved the outdoor seating on the Lido deck, which is not available on the newer, bigger ships.

However, the balcony stateroom was noticeably smaller than what we had on the Liberty or the Valor.

Most importantly, there was no couch or chair, just a small stool for extra seating.

For three people in a room, you probably don’t want the Paradise.

7 hours ago, Miss Picante said:

Most importantly, there was no couch or chair, just a small stool for extra seating.

For three people in a room, you probably don’t want the Paradise.

This ... For me the Fantasy class ships won't work with three in a room. So I'd pick one of the others for that reason. 

On 4/16/2019 at 5:57 PM, Kermarkim said:

Hands down, the Liberty.  I haven't been on Valor, but out of the other three my choice would be Liberty.  I've been on Liberty twice and Victory twice.  I have enjoyed all my cruises with Carnival, but would pick Liberty for the Steakhouse if that interests you any.  Also Paradise doesn't have the LIdo movie screen.  I end up watching a couple of movies on the deck each cruise. Its a pleasant feature especially if the weather is great.  Curl up with a towel at night and a bag of popcorn and its enjoyable.  My last cruise was on the Victory and although we had a great time, the CD was amazing, but I did miss not having the Steakhouse option.  Also it depends on where ship is leaving from.  It is easier and cheaper for me to get to Port Canaveral from where I live than it is Miami.  I could also drive, so I tend to prefer Liberty which is out of Port Canaveral.  You can do a side-by-side comparison on carnival's site with 3 ships at a time and see what has what or is missing something.  Enjoy either ship you choose.

I would also pick the Liberty have been on her 4 times once on the Victory and several times on Paradise. We choose Liberty for the steakhouse as well and that it goes out of port Canaveral. Didn't  care much for going out of Miami. Tampa is by far closer for us with the Paradise but it does not have all the options that we like.

I would have to vote for the Victory. Her crew is #2 in the line and food #3. We cruised her last October and out of all our Carnival cruises, 34 and counting, she was one of my favorites. I liked that she isn't too big of a ship but still has everything you need. 

Pat

I would automatically eliminate the Paradise because 3 in a balcony on a Fantasy Class ship will not cut it.  The Victory is about 10% smaller size wise with the remaining 3 ships and has no steakhouse or mongolian wok.  All 3 have piano bars and Alchemy Bars.  The Liberty and Valor are pretty close with the Valor having the slight edge since it has a Red Frog Pub that you like.  You also need to figure out embarkation cities since the Liberty is Port Canaveral and the Valor is New Orleans.  If you can get to New Orleans for a better or comparable rate than Port Canaveral, then the Valor is better based on your Red Frog Pub preference.  The possible cheaper flights into Orlando could trump the Red Frog Pub and cause you to choose the Liberty.