Explain Back to Back Cruises Please!

Charles48

I understand that a Back to back cruise is where you sail back to your starting point on the same ship and that it makes your trip twice as long. Besides only having to pay for the flight  once, but having twice as long a cruise, are there any other advantages, cost discounts or perks?  Thanks!

A back-2-back cruise is cruising on two cruises or more (back-2-back-2-back etc.) without taking a day break between cruises.  These cruises can be on the same ship, the same cruise line, or even different cruise lines.

The only real advantage of a back-2-back is that you don't have to go home after the first cruise.

• Haha 1

You do not necessarily sail back to your original starting point on a B2B.   We've done Sydney>Perth:Perth>Sydney, but also Southampton>Southampton:Southampton>New York and Los Angeles>Vancouver:Vancouver>Alaska>Vancouver.    B2B simply means two cruises, usually on the same ship, with the 2nd one beginning on the same day the 1st one ends.    Go to a couple of the large online book agencies, or even a cruise line online website, and do a search for a single cruise ship's sailings without specifying cruise location.    The results will usually be in chronological order, allowing you to see potential B2B's.     

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Charles48 said:

I understand that a Back to back cruise is where you sail back to your starting point on the same ship and that it makes your trip twice as long. Besides only having to pay for the flight  once, but having twice as long a cruise, are there any other advantages, cost discounts or perks?  Thanks!

Discounts? are you kidding?

3 hours ago, Charles48 said:

We did a B2B over the holidays and honestly the biggest advantage for us was just not having to pack up after the first 7 days. I hate that feeling and was glad to avoid it ;-).

Sometimes, the price of the B2B may be less comparatively, but not significantly. 

My DW and I are doing a B2B on the Star next January for our 50th. The first leg is LA south down the Mexico coast for 10 days the back to LA.  We then leave LA for Hawaii for 15 days for a total of 25 days when you combine the two.  Two separate cruises but on the same ship.   Benefit is two different cruises but same room, dinning table, travel expense to cruise ship and etc. 

We are doing a b2b later this year....

Actually the same cruise twice... same cabin so two 13 night cruises become a 26 nighter

why ??   we love sea days and enjoy being on a ship.... also we can do different thing in port

as going to each of them twice....... Also wanted a longer cruise    this is the best way to do it..

Also with other lines whom don't do out and back cruises, it is a natural thing to do.

Cheers Don 

11 hours ago, Charles48 said:

Back to Back, known as b2b,

Generally this is where you sail on more than one voyage on the same ship without a break in between. The ship does not necessarily have to return to the origin port, but in many cases it does. Princess does not offer price breaks for booking b2b's. In many cases Princess allows you to book b2b's as a single voyage with one booking number, or you can break them up into separate booking numbers. There may be some small difference in the fares, but generally the difference is in the promos and other OBC that you receive. You have to check it out, run the numbers. No matter how you book, single or multiple booking numbers, Princess closes out you on board account on your final disembarkation day.

With Princess if a cruise is offered as both a single cruise and two separate b2b cruises and you book it as a single you will still receive 2 cruise credits and IIRC, if elite, 2 mini-bar setups.