Price Drop for Fall Bermuda Cruises

Rluong

Hi all! First time posting here.

I just wanted to know if anyone here has ever booked a Fall Bermuda cruise around 90 days out or experienced a price drop during that time.

Specifically, I'm looking to book the 10/6 Bermuda Escape cruise, departing out of NYC.

Any additional info. or tips will be appreciated as well!

Thank you!

Welcome to CC...remember no question is a stupid question and every answer given is not always the correct answer it may be someones opinion...or policy may have changed etc.  So.....don't be afraid to explore all of CC...know as much as you can about your cruise before you leave...Make sure you know what is available on the ship and where everything is...it's never fun to find out something at the end of a cruise..ie..different place to eat or bar to go to.

Have a good idea of your room location in compared to the layout of the ship.

Join the CC Roll Call group that will be on your ship and sailing date...that way you will be able to join what ever activities they may have planned...shore excursions...meet friends before you sail...

I sailed for decades before I found out about CC...have met many new friends on the Roll Calls

Once again...WELCOME🤗

10 hours ago, Rluong said:

Hi all! First time posting here.

I just wanted to know if anyone here has ever booked a Fall Bermuda cruise around 90 days out or experienced a price drop during that time.

Specifically, I'm looking to book the 10/6 Bermuda Escape cruise, departing out of NYC.

Any additional info. or tips will be appreciated as well!

Thank you!

Funny, my wife and I were booked on the Escape 10/6 until two weeks ago. We just changed it to the June 9th sailing since we didn't want to take a chance at missing Bermuda again due to a storm like in September of last year. As it turns out by going June 9th our cabin priced out $300.00 less. We were there the same time in 2011 and the weather was spectacular. 

About price dropping, I would not count on it. Bermuda cruises seem to always book up pretty fast and sell out, its a very popular destination and the price reflects it

Edited by Laszlo

Cruises that are far from selling out at final payment time will often see a price drop just after final payment is due. That's a strategy the cruise line has to use to try to sell more cabins. It annoys those that booked early but it's reality. Most of my cruises have seen a small price drop - about $100 for a balcony for example. Not enough to make people angry. One cruise though had a fire sale in the last 30 days and we could only watch and wish.

OP,  welcome to CC's 1st. post. 

That's Columbus Day weekend and a shorter school week, and could be popular ... I would not be looking for a price drop (on SailAway rates, without the "free" perks) until very close to sailing date, if booking are still behind.  

Weather-wise, this year is supposed to be one with average to below norm # of hurricane and storms on the Atlantic coast; with, the Northeast trending in getting those peak to late season ones coming up, sometimes turning toward Bermuda ... ships are known to getting chased around or running ahead/behind them - and, Canada/New England ports are full of scheduled cruise ships docking.  Always be prepared for a rocking & rolling ride 700 nm into the middle of the Atlantic; and, serious consider trip insurance vs. going self-insured (and, rolling with 3 dices.)  

Otherwise, Bermuda is nice in early Fall, very comfortable air temperature & not humid, unlike the Bahamas & Caribbeans - NCL has been extending the Fall runs to Dockyard, doing two 5 days run into early November.  It's very easy to get around with ships berthed overnight, free to come & go at all hours. 

Lots to read, research & consider ... do take time to read some of the feedback from last year on older CC threads.  

OP--my philosophy is to (1) buy a cruise you will avidly look forward to (2) at a price you find acceptable.  Treat any price drop before final payment as an unexpected bonus.  If the price drops after final payment, I still have a cruise I am looking forward to at a price I found acceptable.  By the way, I am currently looking forward to four NCL cruises over the next two years. 

If you need to travel on specific dates or it's a special one-off itinerary, it's best to book as early as possible.  However, you will get the best deals being flexible with your travel schedule and booking about 2 months before departure.  Prices may drop even more closer to departure, but the likelihood of categories selling out without notice increases.

If the early spring Bermuda season is any indication, the fall season will have huge price drops. 7 day cruises on Gem from Boston and Escape from NYC in April and May are basically giveaways starting at $349. Solo balcony for $599. All categories available. Those same cruises for September priced starting at more than 2x the price, $749 interior. My advice is to hold out, if you are able.

We booked a 7 day Bermuda cruise on the Breakaway 2 years ago in late September for $349 each (GTY/Sailaway Rate for an Inside Cabin).  I echo blcruising's thoughts; if you can wait, do so.  We almost always book last minute.  The deals are not as good as they used do be years ago but they're good enough for us.

We cruised to Bermuda from Boston last year 8/31 to 9/7.  Beautiful weather.

However, the 9/7 cruise was diverted to Canada as a hurricane was headed to Bermuda.  It changed course and never approached Bermuda, but still you might need to be ready for a diversion. 

Having said that, we cruise during hurricane season regularly. Other than possible issues flying to your departure city, NCL will safely divert you if there is a hurricane aimed at your island(s).