Is MUTS being added to Pacific Princess ????

chamima

I could swear I read something a while back about a small MUTS screen being added to the pool area on the Pacific during her next drydock.

Does anyone have any updates on this?

We're going to be spending a lot of time on her in the next couple of years and it would be really nice to have another option for evening entertainment.

• chamima changed the title to Is MUTS being added to Pacific Princess ????

Personally, I hope not. With the deck area being pretty small, as compared to the other ships in the fleet, the audio would be disturbing and possibly even annoying to those trying to relax or read on a lounge in the pool area.

Even on the larger Princess ships (Grand class),  just walking thru the section of the open deck below the MUTS screen, the audio is often ridiculously loud.

The first time I experienced MUTS, quite a few years ago, the audio was not broadcast into the area from speakers; back then everyone who wanted to watch whatever was being shown on the screen was give earbuds and a little device that looked like a small portable radio (much like the system used on many of the guided tours in Europe) to listen with. The experience was much more enjoyable than the way they do it now, with the speakers blasting.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, chamima said:

I could swear I read something a while back about a small MUTS screen being added to the pool area on the Pacific during her next drydock.

Does anyone have any updates on this?

We're going to be spending a lot of time on her in the next couple of years and it would be really nice to have another option for evening entertainment.

I am so glad you feel she will be around for a while.   I recently read several reports that she will be sold.   I prefer the smaller ships and would hate to see her go away.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, flamomo said:

The first time I experienced MUTS, quite a few years ago, the audio was not broadcast into the area from speakers; back then everyone who wanted to watch whatever was being shown on the screen was give earbuds and a little device that looked like a small portable radio (much like the system used on many of the guided tours in Europe) to listen with. The experience was much more enjoyable than the way they do it now, with the speakers blasting.

I wonder why they stopped that.

We stay out of the MUTS pool area because of the horrible noise.