Thank You!

msears101

So it is a pet peeve of mine, that often times we are too busy to say thank you.  I try not to forget, and this one is late.

I have been reading the windstar forum since my first windstar Cruise (before they went bankrupt), and I would like to thank milepig, 6rugrats, Strenz, Petoonya, and more (those are on the top of my head).  Honestly you guys have a wealth of knowledge, give quality answers and have helped me on my first cruise and my cruises with Windstar since.  Honestly I think Windstar should give you each a free cruise.  You guys are great ambassadors for their brand and are example of the quality clientele that windstar attracts and that is one of the reasons I keep coming back to windstar.

Thank you!

• Like 2

Dear Msears, Thank you so much for listing me in your lovely comment. So happy you are a fan as well. As stated before cruising with WS since 1999 and have loved it ever since. Being «  go back «  people we have never even thought of «  jumping ship » to another company. I always preface my like because nothing is perfect  and I do not need it to be. Given that  I try  to be honest and helpful. I hope we can meet sometime on board. Next up for us in Surf 1/18/20, 14  days and  Sicily/Malta 9/28. We live on Cape Cod, if you are ever hear look us up and come over we can  remmenais and dream about past and future cruises. Happy Sailing.  

• Like 2

Msears,

What a thoughtful thing to say. And what better company to keep than another WS enthusiast like you. Thank you for the kind words and sentiments. When I get onboard one of those ships first thing  I say is crikey. Then have to give thanks to the universe for putting me on a ship with people just like you!

Edited by Petoonya
  • Like 2

You are very humbly welcome. Keep posting and you'll see that post count grow, while you do the same for other fellow travelers.

We also go back to before the bankruptcy, and multiple sales to different companies, including the River Boat one who didn't have a clue what they were doing. But, we stuck with WS and they seem to mostly be in a good place. We boarded the Pride on something like its second itin after the sale to WS, and laughed along with the crew about the many things that weren't quite right. That was an especially fun itin, we had a cruise director (or whatever they're called now) who was great fun and kept us busy all the time. We never saw him again, so he must have moved on. We had a purser who moved heaven and earth to make our unusual mid-cruise disembarkation in Mumbai go like clockwork. But we also had what we named the "grumpy crew", we found the one gem and clung to her for the remainder of the itin and we we fine.

What I see from all of us is that we try to give fair assessments and helpful tips. I'm certainly not an apologist for WS and have spouted off on things that really bother us, like the recent messing with the booze packages and the agents not being equipped to answer questions. Don't get me started on Seattle. But there is much more good than bad with WS - and in particular the wonderful crew, many of whom greet us with hugs when we appear onboard.

Are there things they could improve? Sure - more properly spiced local chow is near the top of my list. There is some but I'd like more, and it is toned down to suit their assumed WS pax pallet. Um, no. The typical pax is well traveled and knows what food is supposed to taste like around the world. Just mark the menu items "HOT". Does anyone want to be cruising in Vietnam to be presented with an American menu? We'll I'm sure some do, but from our conversations not the majority. We certainly ding them on this with every survey.

I've considered jumping ship (pun intended) several times but yet we still go back. Our trips began with maybe every other year, then once a year, and how we have 3 upcoming cruises booked. We are running out of WS destinations to take, and I'm glad they're expanding a bit.

My one piece of advise (that others may disagree with, and that's OK) Is to not use WS without a seasoned TA. Mine has done amazing things when things began to go south. Just now we're in the middle of a little issue, and his ability to speak to specific agents assigned to TAs who can actually make decisions and get things done is worth it's weight in gold. Except - it actually costs us nothing and we're always getting little bennies he was able to squeeze out of WS. I wrote paragraphs on what he did for us when our itinerary was canceled due to the Pride going aground in CR.

I do like your suggestion of a free cruise as a reward!  LOL.

Edited by milepig
  • Like 3

How nice!  Yes, people are quick to complain, and it’s so thoughtful you posted this thank you.  You are very welcome, and glad to have helped.  Glad you enjoyed your cruise.

Are you listening to msears101 Windstar 😄?

Edited by 6rugrats
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have never sailed Windstar but keep looking at them and every time I post on here I always find the same thing...….the helpful folks are always around:classic_smile:, even when we novices to the cruise line keep asking the same questions.

I replied to this particular post because I am now looking again and boy oh boy, I have seen the cruise and am hoping to put a deposit down this week. (I would have done it today but they are closed on Sunday's...….BELLES OF THE BRITISH ISLES,  SEPTEMBER 2020......11 nights.

They have it offered this year as well but I can't do it this year.   Have any of you been on this sailing? I have been wanting to do this and go to these places...seems like Windstar would be a really good option.:classic_biggrin:  I know it is a long ways off but  I think the best thing would be to at least put a deposit down!