May Sale

azbirdmom

Of the 9 cruises we have booked with PCL between now and the end of 2020, only one yielded any savings. On that one, the fare went up $258 but was mostly offset by an increase in OBC of $250. Add to that the included grats of $462 and this too was a worthwhile phone call. 

5 hours ago, cruzrbachoua said:

my sailing goes up a total of $140 but we are getting over $400 in benefits....so we still end up coming out ahead of what we currently have...unless my TA can keep our same pricing?  fingers crossed.

When you switch to a new deal, you lose the old deal.  So, you need to figure out the net gain/loss of new fare and perks. 

4 hours ago, turquoisesea said:

I also went thru a fake booking online for our July,2020 European cruise. When we booked months ago there were no offers at al!  The promos now show at the end. However, this cruise is almost sold out and our category is totally sold out. Is it still possible to rebook with our current cabin to pick up the promos?

44 minutes ago, rocklinmom said:

Yes you can call in and rebook with the new promo.  I've done it many times. Check the current fare first and if it's a better deal with the added gratuities and OBC.  Hopefully your fare stayed the same as when you booked, that would be amazing.  

My understanding is that when a customer wants to switch to a new deal/offer from Princess, there has to be cabins still for sale (at least a GTY) in your existing category, or you have to book a new/different category if you want the new deal.

Edited by steelers36

2 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

My understanding is that when a customer wants to switch to a new deal/offer from Princess, there has to be cabins still for sale in your existing category, or you have to book a new/different category if you want the new deal.

Our cruise has only Guarantees available.  We had no problem keeping our current stateroom. 

Edited by Kenswing

2 minutes ago, Kenswing said:

Our cruise has only Guarantees available.  We had no problem keeping our current stateroom. 

You were apparently faster than my clarification edit.  ;-)  Yes, a GTY for sale in your category would let you keep the cabin.

Edited by steelers36
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

When you switch to a new deal, you lose the old deal.  So, you need to figure out the net gain/loss of new fare and perks. 

Yes I know which is what I did..I would pay 140 extra but get 400 in perks...sometimes our ta had been able to keep our fare...but he just got back to me and nope fare went up but we are still coming out on top by over 200 so I am happy 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nukesubsailor said:

It should be significant savings for me on the cruise I have booked that is on the list and has no other promotion benefits.

It will give us $200 of onboard credit and save me $217 on gratuities.  The fare under the May sale is the same as when I booked the cruise.

I had the same savings - $200 OBC & same gratuities. However our suite went up. So total savings, after taxes, etc was $167. Savings are savings! 

Our Sept 2020 Europe cruise was a bust on the sale.  We are currently booked with no promo, but with the new promo the fare increased dramatically more than the perks' value.   Disappointing, but will wait for Sip and Sail now.  

58 minutes ago, Paula_MacFan said:

Our Sept 2020 Europe cruise was a bust on the sale.  We are currently booked with no promo, but with the new promo the fare increased dramatically more than the perks' value.   Disappointing, but will wait for Sip and Sail now.  

Same for us.  We booked our Europe cruise with no promo.  The fare has increased so much, we are unable to take advantage of this sale.  We also look forward to the Sip and Sale.

On 4/19/2019 at 9:49 PM, Renmar said:

We are booked on one of the cruises on the list. I will wait and see if the cabin price stays the same or if they go up. As of now we are booked under the "Come back new " sale.

Theo

Same here, we’re booked on the Coral to South America. I just noticed it is approx. $300pp more for our balcony. We currently have $600. OBC and one meal in a Specialty Restaurant, and of course, we’d lose these if we re-fared.  Always seems a deal until the numbers are crunched.  Am keeping my fingers crossed for the Sip n Sail, usually in late June. I’ll switch for that! Assuming...

• Like 1

I contacted our TA and she managed to get us just over $800.00 in savings and perks.  We booked the day the cruise came open with no perks so this works well for us.  Thanks for posting the information.