DL Overcrowding

Empehi

Just now, John&LaLa said:

Some might call that lounge cozy and intimate.  More like a nice club. 😉

I could see that with the right company.

Hope you have a fantastic TA next week on Serenade.

Regards to Laura and Bella too.

• Thanks 1

Celebrity has gone to unlimited drinks from a limited menu at most bars during Elite happy hour. If RCI did the same it might alleviate some of the crowding as some people might not feel they weren't getting their "happy hour's" worth by being limited to only three drinks outside of the DL.

5 minutes ago, CarpeCerevisi said:

Celebrity has gone to unlimited drinks from a limited menu at most bars during Elite happy hour. If RCI did the same it might alleviate some of the crowding as some people might not feel they weren't getting their "happy hour's" worth by being limited to only three drinks outside of the DL.

That's a great idea.

With the right company in the DL it is an unforgettable place and being a D before the introduction of the DL I for one fully appreciate the benefit of the DL.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CarpeCerevisi said:

5 to 7 PM except the first evening and during the evening for senior officers party. No dedicated lounge for CC Elite and Elite plus. Zenith has Michael's Club. But Celebrity's Sky Lounges are bigger than any of RCs DLs or CLs. 

Edited by davekathy

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Personally we prefer the DL.

Many people have come from the CL and said to us how much friendlier it is in the DL.

Their comments have been Stuck Up entitled Suite guests and unruly suite guests kids make it unpleasant.

I personally have not witnessed any Kids in the CL on 4 ships, Freedom, Serenade, Brilliance, Enchantment. Nor have I witnessed any kids during the party on Majesty (it has no DL/CL/SL.  Maybe it was just by chance or time of year we sailed. 

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 2

What party do they have on the majesty? And what do they do for Diamond Plus on the Majesty since they have no dedicated room? How current is the information that you will be providing? You know too well with Royal Caribbean things can change on a daily basis!

19 minutes ago, travelwide said:

What party do they have on the majesty? And what do they do for Diamond Plus on the Majesty since they have no dedicated room? How current is the information that you will be providing? You know too well with Royal Caribbean things can change on a daily basis!

They hold a happy hour up in the VCL. They've been doing it for years.  Std DL drinks, but fairly nice appetizers 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I personally have not witnessed any Kids in the CL on 4 ships, Freedom, Serenade, Brilliance, Enchantment. Nor have I witnessed any kids during the party on Majesty (it has no DL/CL/SL.  Maybe it was just by chance or time of year we sailed. 

My family has had a young child (4 year old)  at the majesty evening event as well as in the diamond lounge on independence.

It has never been a problem, and no one has ever said anything negative to them.   

Both times it was in the winter months.  

Children in a suite are certainly allowed to be in the lounge with their parents. Children of diamond members actually are diamond members and may also be in the lounge with their parents. 

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

36 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

My family has had a young child (4 year old)  at the majesty evening event as well as in the diamond lounge on independence.

It has never been a problem, and no one has ever said anything negative to them.   

Children in a suite are certainly allowed to be in the lounge with their parents. Children of diamond members actually are diamond members and may also be in the lounge with their parents. 

M

Grandkids are SOL

• Like 2

8 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Personally we prefer the DL.

Many people have come from the CL and said to us how much friendlier it is in the DL.

Their comments have been Stuck Up entitled Suite guests and unruly suite guests kids make it unpleasant.

That is interesting, I have found the opposite to be true.  I have found that in the DL everyone is comparing C&A levels or talking about all their exotic cruises.   I find the SL/CL patrons to be more personal and less class/level oriented.   But maybe I am just one of those Stuck Up entitled Suite guests and haven't noticed.  By the way I have yet to ever encounter an unruly kid in the SL.   But again maybe my nose is stuck up in the air so high I haven't noticed.

Edited by Mythbuster
spelling
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

M

I say children are welcome. Especially in the SL. Many on here don’t care for children and choose not to cruise in times of high numbers of children. 

Royal caters to families. Often offering kids sail free.  

3 hours ago, Mythbuster said:

That is interesting, I have found the opposite to be true.  I have found that in the DL everyone is comparing C&A levels or talking about all their exotic cruises.   I find the SL/CL patrons to be more personal and less class/level oriented.   But maybe I am just one of those Stuck Up entitled Suite guests and haven't noticed.  By the way I have yet to ever encounter an unruly kid in the SL.   But again maybe my nose is stuck up in the air so high I haven't noticed.

Great post, thanks. 

• Like 1

Thanks John for your reply. On the empress they do not have any area for diamond, diamond Plus, and above. You can only use the three vouchers on your card. Does the vcl lounge offer free drinks from 5 to 8:30? Or is it just the three vouchers on your seapass card

Enjoy your transatlantic!  We love the serenade of the Seas.

8 minutes ago, travelwide said:

Thanks John for your reply. On the empress they do not have any area for diamond, diamond Plus, and above. You can only use the three vouchers on your card. Does the vcl lounge offer free drinks from 5 to 8:30? Or is it just the three vouchers on your seapass card

Yes unlimited during the happy hour time frame. Unless things have changed since she headed south.

Looking forward to the crossing

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mythbuster said:

Only posting what we were told.

We made D+ last year and looked into CL on Freedom but didn't like the enclosed room.

Happy to hear a different perspective on the SL personnel.

17 hours ago, travelwide said:

Obviously I am not John but we sailed Empress  to Cuba ( in 2017) we only had the option of the three drink vouchers. 

M

Thank you for your reply. We also sailed the empress and it was only the three drink vouchers. It appears as if the Majesty is giving Diamond Diamond Plus what they are supposed to get -some type of Lounge area with unlimited drinks. I am glad the Majesty will be here in South Florida for the next season. Now hopefully Havana will stay on the itinerary and Americans will be able to travel there. I don't think I could stand another stop in Nassau!