Azamara Pursuit - Semi Live review, B2B2B - France and Italy intensive

Georgeven

And then the last day has come to this Mediterranean voyage... 

The AzAmazing Race is almost over. After 22 days on board, 30 cities/towns visited, we have had a 10 years wedding anniversary trip of a life time! ❤️ 

We have been in Venice before and in that first visit we did all the “first time in venice things to do” plus a little bit more so today we decided to explore the other side of Venice: Dorsoduro, San Polo and Santa Croce neighborhoods. A beautiful side of Venice, less crowded and full of hidden gems, like the little bar cafe: Ciak where we decided to stop for a Aperol Spritzer with Cichettis at midday while it rained. We just walked and walked and walked, found a small store for pets things and decided to get a little present for our little yorkie: Leo and then we also found a small Murano glass store, not crowded in one of the small side streets (sorry I don’t remember the name and now the bag is packed) where we got a couple of nice Murano glass flamingos, beautiful pieces of art. We decided to take black and white pictures today... and after some six hours walking around we decided to come back to the ship to relax and start packing and preparing for a long journey back home that starts tomorrow at 07:30 and will get us home a little after midnight (even being in the same time zone, thanks to Living I the almost North Pole 🙂 )

In our long journey home and over the next couple of days I will be writing a little bit more on other things like the Art program and the enrichment lectures and other small things it may have escaped the daily semi live reviews... and of course if you have question just ask...

E99A587D-71B8-451E-B7F0-4F2C3BAF6F04.jpeg

5BAB6140-1EAD-4AE9-8FB7-B33FDC3A3FB7.jpeg

D29BD408-43DC-4F6D-B0E1-F78567E09AB2.jpeg

E03CBEEC-068D-440A-B21A-BC8AC52681CA.jpeg

8F50C952-3D7F-4E7F-974E-2DBCF5E72D53.jpeg

C6F406EA-E10D-4EDF-8E02-18096A8B4381.jpeg

6F86FCB8-8B78-45F5-AE57-FFC2B91DD742.jpeg

A87C5E37-7037-4C25-91EE-46DDDE0DE978.jpeg

B3826341-03B9-4354-970B-A02663BE07EE.jpeg

6FCB4E4A-5416-44F1-A7CB-F0413AC57281.jpeg

Edited by Georgeven
Edit pictures

Your black and white Venice photos are stunning.  Especially the very first one, seen in a later post in color.  Fantastically atmospheric - everything that I expect from this storied city.

Thanks so much for your blog. I really enjoyed reading it particularly as I will be visiting a lot of your ports on Pursuit in a few weeks. 

The black and white photo's were very atmospheric. 

Safe journey home. 

I really have enjoyed your blog, you balanced the right amount of information, did not overload us with pictures but each one you posted was well chosen and really captured the spirit of where you were visiting. Thank you so much and safe travels to the North Pole (or almost the North Pole 🙂 )

Good morning from the Marco Polo International Airport...

Thanks for all your comments, we’re really happy you liked the pictures and our approach to this. 

We we booked the transfer to the airport with Azamara and everything went very well, good organization and departure order. It will be a long day for us but we are looking forward to get home and start a new chapter soon.

I wanted to comment on the Art Program Azamara offers; we are not art experts at all but we enjoy to get pieces (paintings from local artists, posters, small sculptures, and so on) during our travels (being cruises or land based vacations) from the places we visit but we have always found that the art programs in the cruise ships (RCCL, Celebrity and NCL) with the art auctions and a lot of fancy mass market art that don’t give us any feelings.

Talking with Sam, one of the Art experts on board, we learned about the Azamara Art program and to us it sounded great, the approach to work with some emerging artists and some well established names and bringing them onboard to work while traveling and being also available to talk with the guests is a great way to connect. No art auctions but a small Art gallery where they exhibit these pieces and change it during the voyages. The price range is accesible for what I could think is the Azamara client. We had the chance to meet and see Gary Smith during the first two weeks and his work is really great. We also learned about other artists that Azamara has had onboard and the Art channel on the TV is another great way to enrich your art knowledge / curiosity. They also offer some lectures (if times allows it) about different artists. We put our eyes on some pieces and The only reason we did not buy the ones we liked is that we are moving into our new home (apartment) in the Norwegian mainland in some months and we still have to figure out the use of the space in the walls we have. It wouldn’t be a surprise that we get some pieces in our next Azamara cruise in December 😉 

The enrichment lectures: 

For us traveling is not just about monuments or famous places but about culture, people, history, food, Art, etc. Is about learning about the places we visit and understanding the people and it’s cultural expressions.

We attended some of the enrichment lectures and we are very happy we did. There is an historian on board for the next voyages, sorry I don’t remember his name or how long will he on board. It’s not the typical lecture that will tell you what to go and see but that will teach you about the history of the places, and this will make you understand the place. I highly recommend you to attend the lectures. 

Also to conclude: big thanks to all the Azamara Pursuit family for amazing three weeks on board. Senior officers, specially Ryszard and Elizabeth; Thank you. See you again in December 🙂  

And to to finally close: 

Remember that we all are privileged to have the opportunity  to travel the world, which is a beautiful place. The people make it better or worse. Stay kind, be happy, live happy, love hard, be honest, have trust, say thank you, smile and be loyal.

And one of the most beautiful and serenes sunrises at sea, captured during our first week...

CF45630C-12E2-49D7-AB5E-DA0B96A9C1E8.jpeg

81708582-68AC-4CF1-B5D3-3D267A3B1D23.jpeg

Edited by Georgeven
  • Like 2

I too have enjoyed your account of the voyages you have just completed. 🙂

Sunrise is my favourite time of day. Love your pictures throughout and your quote in your most recent post :

" Remember that we all are privileged to have the opportunity  to travel the world, which is a beautiful place. The people make it better or worse. Stay kind, be happy, live happy, love hard, be honest, have trust, say thank you, smile and be loyal."