Status credits achieved with cruising

Kaylacool

We are sailing Princess from Sydney to Vancouver (35 nights) and wanting to know if anyone can tell me how many cruise credits I will acquire for this journey in relation to my Captains circle status.

I have done  a search on the boards here but been unable to find this information.

Hoping someone can assist.

thanks

Kayleen

Edited by Kaylacool

Each cruise segment counts as one credit. Are you on the Ruby next April? If so, it looks like you'd get three credits: Sydney to Aukland, Aukland to Los Angeles, and Los Angeles to Vancouver. If you're in a suite, you'd get six credits.

In the Captain’s Circle History it shows the number of credits earned.  As geoherb wrote you can earn multiple credits when a longer cruise can be booked as shorter cruises.  I’ve booked a 28 day cruise & because it can be booked as 7-7-14 day cruises I will get 3 cruise credits.

Log in to your Princess account and go to "My Account/Cruise History"  The table displayed shows your past cruises AND your future cruises. The number of cruise credits are shown that you have already earned as well as those that you will earn upon completion of the future cruises.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Astro Flyer said:

In the Captain’s Circle History it shows the number of credits earned.  As geoherb wrote you can earn multiple credits when a longer cruise can be booked as shorter cruises.  I’ve booked a 28 day cruise & because it can be booked as 7-7-14 day cruises I will get 3 cruise credits.

Whereas, when we did a 28 day cruise, it could only be booked as a single cruise so we got one cruise credit each. We should finally be Elite on our November TA but will be doing it by number of days. We'll start the cruise with 13 cruises finished and 154 days at sea. (I don't anticipate any great "WAHOO!" when we turn Elite but I guess I will need to change my CC signature.)

There are zero days awarded for the land portion of a cruise tour. We did a 13 day in 2016 and have a 15 day in May. Each of those only gets 7 days for the actual "cruise" portion.

Double credits if you sail solo, double credits if you sail in a suite, and triple credits if you sail solo in a suite. D'Oh! None of those apply to us. :classic_cool:

3 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Log in to your Princess account and go to "My Account/Cruise History"  The table displayed shows your past cruises AND your future cruises. The number of cruise credits are shown that you have already earned as well as those that you will earn upon completion of the future cruises.

I think you could be wrong. Last fall, if I remember correctly, the cruise credit showed as 1 for a 60 night cruise before we sailed. When we returned, it showed 2. Cruise was sold as 2 segments in addition to the 60 night cruise.

We were also on the 60 day Circle the Pacific and had booked as  one long cruise.  If you recall,  Princess billed our onboard charges first for segment 1 and then for segment 2 by cruise end.  We got 2 cruise credits.   As  an Elite: a mini-bar/ segment, internet minutes for segment 1 and if you had used minutes and had leftovers= carryover minutes to add to segment 2's internet minutes. 

Edited by 8dimsum
rewording to clarify

Princess also counts status by cruise nights, so 35 for that cruise. Status breaks under that system are:

Ruby 30 nights

Platinum 50 nights

Elite 150 nights

Sometimes you will achieve a higher status quicker on nights count than on status credits. For example we got to Platinum in three cruises instead of five - 13 × 17 + 21 nights.

8 hours ago, geoherb said:

Each cruise segment counts as one credit. Are you on the Ruby next April? If so, it looks like you'd get three credits: Sydney to Aukland, Aukland to Los Angeles, and Los Angeles to Vancouver. If you're in a suite, you'd get six credits.

thanks Geoherb and others. I'm on the cruise you mentioned above - in my captains circle it reads as '2 credits' but a couple of years back did a 14 night Mediterranean cruise - Barcelona to Rome then Rome to Athens and this was credit with 2.  I was a little confused when i saw only 2 credits showing for a 35 night cruise when i also see it as 3 segments of cruising.

Unfortunately budget has only stretched to a premium balcony not a suite so will be interesting to read of other experiences with cruise credits.

Edited by Kaylacool