Icon of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

Question for those who understand this build much more than me:

Aft:  Why would they make the aft decks progressively larger as they go up, opposite aft on O class?  If they are suites, won't that mean no sun on the balconies?  Or possibly something else?  Aft staterooms are my favorite..

Thank you.

1 hour ago, topanga49er said:

Question for those who understand this build much more than me:

Aft:  Why would they make the aft decks progressively larger as they go up, opposite aft on O class?  If they are suites, won't that mean no sun on the balconies?  Or possibly something else?  Aft staterooms are my favorite..

Thank you.

One advantage I can think of is that you won't be looking down onto other balconies.  I little more privacy.  I think it looks great like that.  Not just a copy of something else.

• Like 4

On 10/5/2022 at 1:26 PM, carlosalonsor said:

Too bad you didn't read the whole post:

"Since these are exclusive photos, please do not redistribute these photos. Feel free to share a link to this article instead."

Does it really matter?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I’m a little disappointed.  It appears that Royal Caribbean has again done away with the most iconic part of the brand… no Viking Crown on the Icon series of ships.  It’s a shame in my opinion.  The Quantum ships would have looked much better if they would have had one, even if it was smaller than normal to keep the ships stability.

Long live the crown!

Edited by hydrojim
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, NightOne said:

"Hey everyone don't share pictures that were shared on the internet on a public website" 

I park my car in public. Does that mean it's ok for anyone to take my car?

This attitude about online content drives me crazy, and it causes a lot of harm. Websites generate revenue through ads. Payment from advertisers is determined by how much traffic a website gets. RoyalCaribbeanBlog.com paid for a drone photographer to capture photos of Icon, and then published those photos exclusively on their website in order to generate views, traffic, and revenue. When someone takes those photos and re-posts them on another side (like this one) they are guilty of two things:

1. Taking someone's property without permission and,
2. Stealing their revenue by reducing their site traffic and ad sales.

I know most people just think anything on the internet is free to use, take, and repost. We seem to think digital property is different from physical property, but it's not. As a content creator myself, I do care how my work is misused or stolen online. It does have real $ impact. 

Edited by Fairsky84
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Fairsky84 said:

I park my car in public. Does that mean it's ok for anyone to take my car?

This attitude about online content drives me crazy, and it causes a lot of harm. Websites generate revenue through ads. Payment from advertisers is determined by how much traffic a website gets. RoyalCaribbeanBlog.com paid for a drone photographer to capture photos of Icon, and then published those photos exclusively on their website in order to generate views, traffic, and revenue. When someone takes those photos and re-posts them on another side (like this one) they are guilty of two things:

1. Taking someone's property without permission and,
2. Stealing their revenue by reducing their site traffic and ad sales.

I know most people just think anything on the internet is free to use, take, and repost. We seem to think digital property is different from physical property, but it's not. As a content creator myself, I do care how my work is misused or stolen online. It does have real $ impact. 

People steal digital content daily. Doesn't make it right. Doesn't make it defensible. However, one needs to understand that reality when putting content online. He could of put it behind a paywall. (although it gets stolen from there too)

Matt is staying in $20K a week Aqua Theater suites ... sounds like he is doing just fine. 😉 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NightOne said:

People steal digital content daily. Doesn't make it right. Doesn't make it defensible. However, one needs to understand that reality when putting content online. He could of put it behind a paywall. (although it gets stolen from there too)

Matt is staying in $20K a week Aqua Theater suites ... sounds like he is doing just fine. 😉 

Comped, no doubt. 

But maybe he'll post a receipt 🤣🤣

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, NightOne said:

Right... it's the Robin Hood school of ethics. It's ok to steal from people as long as they're rich (or at least richer then me). 

• Thanks 3

48 minutes ago, Fairsky84 said:

Right... it's the Robin Hood school of ethics. It's ok to steal from people as long as they're rich (or at least richer then me). 

How many movies they made about Robin Hood?

How many movies they made about the rich people he stole from? LOL

I'm not defending it. I'm not denying it is wrong. I'm just pointing out that it is a reality.

If you think you can post pictures on a web site and say no one else can use these then you are pretty naive. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hydrojim said:

I’m a little disappointed.  It appears that Royal Caribbean has again done away with the most iconic part of the brand… no Viking Crown on the Icon series of ships.  It’s a shame in my opinion.  The Quantum ships would have looked much better if they would have had one, even if it was smaller than normal to keep the ships stability.

Long live the crown!

Maybe that big window on the side could be a lounge.

A bar at the back would have been nice,

3 hours ago, hydrojim said:

Long live the crown!

It is impossible to please everyone. I rather have a huge solarium with views like Wonder than a small Viking Crown.

Edited by Cruiscs
  • Like 2

On 10/7/2022 at 8:02 PM, NightOne said:

I know this is a bit old but I just ran across it yesterday:

https://travelweekly.co.uk/news/cruise/royal-caribbeans-icon-of-the-seas-to-be-bigger-than-oasis-class

So is Icon going to be bigger than Oasis class or not? :

Captain Rob on Wonder last week said Icon was going to be bigger 

• Like 2