Icon of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

On 4/14/2023 at 4:55 PM, Eremita85 said:

No, last night it was too dark (also very windy, that's why I don't have any drone footage of the ship's arrival) when the ship arrived, and later with the drone I wasn't able to go that close because I try not to fly inside the port if possible.

This is from today just before the BBC Nile left.

2023-04-14 20-22-14-DJI_0766.jpg

Tonight's delivery from Norway onboard the Baltic Amelie makes it 18 lifeboats. 😄

Port webcam image:

lifeboat18.thumb.jpg.ba06c8ccb3bceaa9243ed6786a05e2cb.jpg

And I think that the two rescue boats spotted in an Instagram photo by @finki.22 complete the collection.

rescueboatsfinki_22.jpg.ae7e83c1eeaaf686618858f72104294f.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555
  • Like 1

Baltic Amelie arrived at Port of Turku at 1am and brought the last Icon's lifeboat. It was really DARK, I didn't think I would get any photos 😄

PS. thanks to Lloyd for finding out the ship's name and time for the delivery.

2023-04-2501-14-34-IMG_2317-Enhanced-NR.thumb.jpg.1f5fae6ceaefb22eb062b3348875036a.jpg

2023-04-2501-20-09-DJI_0225-Enhanced-NR-HDR.thumb.jpg.5f15f3f31064d421131a5dd920f209a7.jpg

Edited by Eremita85
  • Thanks 2

On 4/24/2023 at 4:37 PM, Ulsteinvik said:

Maybe the delivery could be delayed, Cadiz (Spain) updated their official cruise schedule for 2024 and it shows now Icon of the Seas on 23 June 2024 8.00-18.00 from La Rochelle to Port Canaveral.

Like everybody else has mentioned, I believe this is probably Utopia.

Looking further ahead in the schedule, there is a call for Icon listed between 8/12/23 - 23/13/23, with the destination marked as Miami, so this is more likely to actually be for Icon as opposed to a placeholder.

What is interesting is how the origin port is marked as La Spezia though. Was Royal’s original plan to send her to the Med late 2023? Or will Icon do an agent preview in the med before going to Miami? Or is it just nothing and simply an error with the origin port?

• Like 2

On 4/24/2023 at 8:58 AM, Ulsteinvik said:

That would make more sense. it shows also the length of Icon and it says 364,96 m. Utopia should have around 362 but let's wait and see, maybe you are right and just a placeholder.

Sorry to be off topic but great user name... I have family from Ulsteinvik and have visited several times.

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, mrpie90 said:

any more updates on when the Icon will be Ready?

Is there any more Information on whether it will be doing any Cruises from Southampton as Mentioned by Michael Bailey?

Michael Bayley described the 5,000-passenger Icon of the Seas – which will the first new class of ship for Royal Caribbean since 2014 – as the line’s “newest class of genuinely game changing ships”, which he said the line had spent five years designing.

He stressed the importance of the UK market which he said had been significant to the line “almost since the beginning of the company”.

“I don’t see that ever changing,” he added. “In fact, it’s so important that I promise you will bring Icon of the Seas into Southampton. The UK will be the first country and market that we will bring this incredible ship.

“We’ll do a huge trade event in the UK and Ireland – we’ll invite all of our travel partners to see the biggest, best, most stunning exciting product on the planet. I can’t commit on the date,” he said, adding: “But it’s going to be around October time."

1 hour ago, sowhat said:

Michael Bayley described the 5,000-passenger Icon of the Seas – which will the first new class of ship for Royal Caribbean since 2014 – as the line’s “newest class of genuinely game changing ships”, which he said the line had spent five years designing.

He stressed the importance of the UK market which he said had been significant to the line “almost since the beginning of the company”.

“I don’t see that ever changing,” he added. “In fact, it’s so important that I promise you will bring Icon of the Seas into Southampton. The UK will be the first country and market that we will bring this incredible ship.

“We’ll do a huge trade event in the UK and Ireland – we’ll invite all of our travel partners to see the biggest, best, most stunning exciting product on the planet. I can’t commit on the date,” he said, adding: “But it’s going to be around October time."

I thought this had changed since this interview? I believe there was a more recent interview where Michael said plans for Icon had changed and she will head to Miami

Although, looking further ahead into port schedules, there is a call in Cadiz for Icon listed between 8/12/23 - 23/13/23, with the destination marked as Miami, so this is likely to be before the non-revenue TA. What is interesting is how the origin port is marked as La Spezia though. Was Royal’s original plan to send her to the Med late 2023? Or will Icon do an agent preview in the med before going to Miami? Or is it just nothing and simply an error with the origin port? This is definitely something to keep an eye on over the coming months. 

3 hours ago, mrpie90 said:

Is there any more Information on whether it will be doing any Cruises from Southampton as Mentioned by Michael Bailey?

4 minutes ago, Jumping Cruiser said:

I thought this had changed since this interview? I believe there was a more recent interview where Michael said plans for Icon had changed and she will head to Miami

Although, looking further ahead into port schedules, there is a call in Cadiz for Icon listed between 8/12/23 - 23/13/23, with the destination marked as Miami, so this is likely to be before the non-revenue TA. What is interesting is how the origin port is marked as La Spezia though. Was Royal’s original plan to send her to the Med late 2023? Or will Icon do an agent preview in the med before going to Miami? Or is it just nothing and simply an error with the origin port? This is definitely something to keep an eye on over the coming months. 

7 NIGHTS

Western Caribbean & Perfect Day

Icon of the Seas

ROUNDTRIP FROM:Miami, Florida

VISITING:

• Miami, Florida
  • Roatan, Honduras
  • Puerto Costa Maya, Mexico
  • Cozumel, Mexico
  • Perfect Day at CocoCay, Bahamas
  • Miami, Florida

$1,739

AVG PER PERSON

View 31 dates

Starting price in USD, Valid for Jan 04, 2025

*Taxes, fees and port expenses $169.28 USD*

Eastern Caribbean & Perfect Day

7 NIGHTS

Eastern Caribbean & Perfect Day

Icon of the Seas

ROUNDTRIP FROM:Miami, Florida

VISITING:

• Miami, Florida
  • Philipsburg, St. Maarten
  • Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
  • Perfect Day at CocoCay, Bahamas
  • Miami, Florida

$1,788

AVG PER PERSON

7 hours ago, mrpie90 said:

6 hours ago, sowhat said:

3 hours ago, Jumping Cruiser said:

It was never intended to sail from Southhampton for guests.  It will host a number of media and trade short sailings and then make her way to Miami 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/5/2023 at 10:07 PM, ISHOULDABENAPIRATE said:

Deck 14 aft would be a perfect place for 4 "secret" public balconies don't you think.  All it needs is doors to go out to those unmarked areas at the end of the hallway. Does anyone know if that might be a possibility?

You're talking these areas right?

image.thumb.jpeg.dcffc18f6587fca4cfbd402957971d56.jpeg

I was wondering about this space as well, but I don't think that this area is going to be accessible publicly or by either one of the balcony staterooms next to it.

You can see from a construction photo that there's no access door to the area from where that hallway is going to be.

image.png.cf9d4e8719e8c31888137b2633718a53.png

You can also see that there's not going to be passenger access to that area from the aft balcony based on another construction photo.  The oval opening is likely going to be closed up with some paneling.  The only potential for this area to be open to would be the furthest aft balconies on the port and starboard side.  My guess is these areas are going to be empty, unused space accessible only by crew for maintenance purposes.  What a waste.

image.png.1da3cb1fb7c81a8254e728480045d71d.png