Tropicante last week was great!

ABQrobin

We were on the Carnival Vista and the only ship in port.  We didn't rush off ship but still got over there quite early, maybe 9:30am.  We got a table in the shade, relaxed, and had some drinks as well as food.  

The menu:

DSCF1287-XL.jpg

had to try the Iguana Eggs (stuffed jalapenos)

DSCF1294-XL.jpg

these were HUGE and delicious!  One order would have fed 3-4 people as a main course!  We loved them.

The place started to get a little busier, but not crazy.  Music from other beach clubs could be heard but it wasn't blaring so no issues there.

Vendors do walk up every few minutes, but a polite No and they are on their way.  Everyone was friendly.

There was some seaweed on shore but they were cleaning it up, its just there was so much lately... didn't smell bad like some  people have said.

DSCF1289-XL.jpg

I made a little slideshow video:

We loved Costa Maya as a port stop.  I read a lot of negatives here on CC about it but honestly it is real authentic rustic Mexico.  Yes, touristy because its a cruise port built just for tourists.  Either way, the vibe was very relaxed and peaceful...  will definitely go back there if we can.

robin

• Like 3

Thanks for the slide show.  Glad you had a good stop.  By your pictures it does appear the trolley was running.

DW was there this past week.  She went to Jaime's Blue Reef, supposedly. I need to look closer at her pictures but it I think they actually were sent to the new Beach Camp up by Blue Kay.

1 hour ago, crewsweeper said:

Thanks for the slide show.  Glad you had a good stop.  By your pictures it does appear the trolley was running.

DW was there this past week.  She went to Jaime's Blue Reef, supposedly. I need to look closer at her pictures but it I think they actually were sent to the new Beach Camp up by Blue Kay.

thanks, yes, the trolley was running.  I wonder if maybe the ships have to request it?  We were the only ship all day.  

1 hour ago, crewsweeper said:

Are you saying she was taken there by mistake? 

Does Jaimie have affiliations with that new club - i know he recommended it to someone when he was full? 

I thought your wife had been to Costa Maya before - wouldn’t she realize if she had been at Blue Kay, it is right at the end of the strip at the northern end,  next to the lighthouse.  How did she like where she went? Looking for our visit in June.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Arzeena said:

Thanks for the review and slideshow. It looks very nice.

How do we make sure that we do not fall in El Faro's trap?

Walk directly into Tropicana's Lounge and ask someone to seat you on the beach or wherever you want to sit. This way you will be sure to have a real employee sit you at Tropicana's spot. They will realize that you are trying to avoid the El Faro trap and be anxious to assist you.