Extension on final payment due date??

Has anyone ever gotten an extension on final payment due date? Payment is due 5/1 but my roommate cannot pay until 5/8. She says she contacted RC and spoke to "A rep" and they told her to just call back on the 1st and they will extend it one week til the 8th. She does not have that in writing. 

I am extremely hesitant to pay my portion and then have them cancel the room and I'm out my money. 

Anyone have any experience with this? 

13 minutes ago, lcantw3658 said:

Has anyone ever gotten an extension on final payment due date? Payment is due 5/1 but my roommate cannot pay until 5/8. She says she contacted RC and spoke to "A rep" and they told her to just call back on the 1st and they will extend it one week til the 8th. She does not have that in writing. 

I am extremely hesitant to pay my portion and then have them cancel the room and I'm out my money. 

Anyone have any experience with this? 

I've never heard of that but that's not to say it isn't possible.  I would insist on getting an email or something in writing confirming they will extend the final payment date. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lcantw3658 said:

Booked directly

I would not be comfortable with just a verbal agreement. Make another call today or tomorrow at latest, get name of person/customer service rep you are speaking with/to and have them send you email that states what you have been verbally advised via the phone call

• Thanks 1

Thank you everyone. I am not comfortable at all with this. I will call first thing tomorrow and see what they say. I guess in a worst case scenario, I can pay for both and have her pay me back but really don't want to do that. Never works out well when friends owe you money.  

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, lcantw3658 said:

Thank you everyone. I am not comfortable at all with this. I will call first thing tomorrow and see what they say. I guess in a worst case scenario, I can pay for both and have her pay me back but really don't want to do that. Never works out well when friends owe you money.  

Really hope it all works out for you.  Totally agree with your comment about loaning friends money.  I lost what I thought was a good friend after he never repaid me after I loaned him some money.

• Like 2

I got an extension this month.  They do have the availability to give a 7 day extension.  The deposit keeps the original final payment date though so if you cancel after the original final payment you will lose the deposit even if you cancel by the extended date.  I learned that the hard way, but luckily RCL honoured what one of their reps told me.

In my case, final payment was due 4/6.  I got an extension until 4/13.  I did not get it in writing but I called back and confirmed it showed the 13th. When I got the extension I was told the deposit would be refunded if I cancelled on or before the 13th.  When I called to actually cancel I was told I would lose the deposit. I just about had a hard attack - it was 2 $500 deposits. I fought back and they agreed to refund it.  

I noticed yesterday I had not gotten my $1000 back so I called RCL.  The rep who cancelled the reservations never set up the refund.  Apparently it is in progress now, 

• Thanks 1

Update. I called today and was told that they do have the ability to grant up to a 7 day extension. 

Our final payment is due on the 2nd and travelling companion can't pay til the 8th. They said she will need to call on the 1st in order to be in the 7 day window.  Fingers crossed that it all works out.  

• Like 2

Update.

Roommate called and got 7 day extension. I then verified it and paid my portion. As long as the remaining balance is paid by extension due date, everything good to go-  and in a worst case scenario, I will pay the remaining balance for her and she will owe me. 

Thanks everyone.  

• Like 3