Gift card promo

Love2cruise77

On 5/7/2019 at 6:51 PM, osofish2 said:

Thanks to your information, I called and got Porsche in about 4 minutes.  She was great, and we have our 2 emailed cards.  She said the gift cards would come in 24 hours, so we will see.  I told her she was on Cruise Critic, as a great representative, and she was tickled.

Did you specifically ask for Porsche?  Is she in support or sales? I called the number listed, was transferred 5 times (once to Groups?!) was told I could only purchase one card and wouldn't get the bonus card for a week (in the mail.)  I finally gave up. j

I was also transferred multiple times. I don't know which department I finally got but she was able to do the purchase over the phone and said she had to put in a special request for the bonus card which will show up in my email in 24-48 hours. 

1 hour ago, LMADAMS91 said:

Did you specifically ask for Porsche?  Is she in support or sales? I called the number listed, was transferred 5 times (once to Groups?!) was told I could only purchase one card and wouldn't get the bonus card for a week (in the mail.)  I finally gave up. 

I called the number listed here in the forum, and it took a while for them to figure out where to transfer me, and Porsche answered the phone and took my order for two cards.  Right now I have received everything via email!

A couple of questions - 

1)  Will the MOM50 promo card work on a card that is for a birthday or other occasion, or do you have to specify it's for Mother's Day? 

2)  How did you handle the recipient's name, if you are gifting yourself?  Can you put your name in both the to and from sections?  Wondering since the same name would be on the recipient and credit card information.

Hoping to do everything online and avoid the long and frustrating phone process.  Thanks in advance, especially to OP who let us know about the promo.

After 3 failed attempts online to order gift cards I called today and in one call the duration of which was 1 hour 6 minutes I  was on the phone to 3 different Princess ladies. the first one told me that it was not possible to buy them on the phone, I persisted and she transferred me to someone else who knew nothing  about it, she transferred me to a helpful lady who relayed all my info to someone called Linda who went to lunch halfway through before finishing the job.

The helpful lady then found Portia who fixed it all in 5 minutes.

I had previously mentioned Portia but they could not find her in an internal phone directory.

Hopefully that's it  now, not that we have the 4 cards and/or bonus cards yet of course.

Is it really worth the aggravation?

After my fourth failed attempt in trying to purchase these cards online I called Princess again and the second rep that I spoke to was Sheryl.  I did ask for Portia but Sheryl said she could help me. 

After taking my billing and credit card info, she also got a rejection.  Put me on hold for awhile and she found out that once a credit card was rejected, you could not use that card again for the giftcards.  So now I gave her another credit card and it went through for two giftcards at $1000 each.  But now she says another department has to do my $50 bonus cards and I will have to wait for them to notify me.

I did this around 9am this morning.  Still waiting now at 6pm. 

After multiple attempts online over a 24hr period to purchase for my father (his credit card and email) and receiving rejections, I phone Princess. The contact info on the rejection email is For more information about your order, please contact Princess Cruises Customer Service at giftcardsupport@princesscruises.com or call 1-855-426-0168 Monday through Friday from 8am to 6pm and Saturday through Sunday from 8am to 4pm (Pacific Standard Time). 

I phoned after after one quick transfer, got Porsche Reid, who was able to place two orders for total $2000. I received those emails quickly. Looking at the confirmation email, I do not see the promo cards documented anywhere, so may be calling her again tomorrow if they do not arrive, but otherwise, the phone transaction was quick and easy.

7 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

After my fourth failed attempt in trying to purchase these cards online I called Princess again and the second rep that I spoke to was Sheryl.  I did ask for Portia but Sheryl said she could help me. 

After taking my billing and credit card info, she also got a rejection.  Put me on hold for awhile and she found out that once a credit card was rejected, you could not use that card again for the giftcards.  So now I gave her another credit card and it went through for two giftcards at $1000 each.  But now she says another department has to do my $50 bonus cards and I will have to wait for them to notify me.

I did this around 9am this morning.  Still waiting now at 6pm. 

I had 3 rejections on my same card which Portia then subsequently successfully used for a purchase of 4 gift cards .

So I would say that they were not correct telling you that  the same card wouldn't work.

I had to use the same card, its my Sam's Club card and gives me 3% cash back on travel.

Its the same ole same ole.

Speak to 4 employees on the phone at Princess and get 4 different answers. 

if you get one you like then get it in writing.

2 hours ago, osofish2 said:

I called the number listed here in the forum, and it took a while for them to figure out where to transfer me, and Porsche answered the phone and took my order for two cards.  Right now I have received everything via email!

Did you get the $50 bonus cards too?

5 hours ago, Cruisen Elf said:

A couple of questions - 

1)  Will the MOM50 promo card work on a card that is for a birthday or other occasion, or do you have to specify it's for Mother's Day? 

2)  How did you handle the recipient's name, if you are gifting yourself?  Can you put your name in both the to and from sections?  Wondering since the same name would be on the recipient and credit card information.

Hoping to do everything online and avoid the long and frustrating phone process.  Thanks in advance, especially to OP who let us know about the promo.

To answer my own Question #1 - yes, you can order any type of gift card and receive the $50.00 bonus card as long as you enter the promo code.  I was able to successfully order and receive 2 digital gift cards online and printed out the cards and bonus cards within a half hour of the orders.  I did one Mother's Day card and one Happy Birthday card.

I tried to purchase a 3rd gift card, but got the denial email shortly after the confirmation email.  I will try again at least 24 hours later.  Good luck everyone!

7 hours ago, Cruisen Elf said:

To answer my own Question #1 - yes, you can order any type of gift card and receive the $50.00 bonus card as long as you enter the promo code.  I was able to successfully order and receive 2 digital gift cards online and printed out the cards and bonus cards within a half hour of the orders.  I did one Mother's Day card and one Happy Birthday card.

I tried to purchase a 3rd gift card, but got the denial email shortly after the confirmation email.  I will try again at least 24 hours later.  Good luck everyone!

To answer the other question, you can put yourself as both giver and receiver of the card, and have same email address for both as well.

So, I just purchased a 3rd gift card from one of the my credit cards that had previously purchased x2 last week. It went through without a problem, and I have received both emails with the 2 cards. My poor travel agent having to add even more gift cards to my booking!

22 hours ago, RBAlbany said:

Just ordered one.  Will see how it goes.  No email yet.

Shortly after I posted this yesterday I received my $1000 and $50 cards electronically.  It was so quick and easy I bought a second set shortly thereafter. I will be redeeming them through my TA later his morning hopefully that goes as smooth.  Will keep everyone posted.  I love getting paid for something I'm going to buy anyway!!

I just got off the phone with Porsche (she spelled it for me) and was able to quickly and efficiently purchase the 4 gift cards I needed to pay off our July cruise. I called the phone number on the rejection email and was able to find out why I had not received one of the 2 $50 cards. Then I asked if the lady could help me with purchasing the other 4 and was told that she couldn't but she would transfer me to the department who could. After a wait of approx. 30 seconds, the call was answered by....Porsche! I was pleased that I ended up with her since everyone who has ended up speaking with her has had positive results. ☺️

Porsche was both pleasant as well as efficient with my purchase and things are now moving right along. 

Next...figuring out the shore excursions for the Baltics and St. Petersburg which can TRULY accommodate a motorized scooter! Wish me luck!!

Marty  

7 hours ago, RBAlbany said:

Shortly after I posted this yesterday I received my $1000 and $50 cards electronically.  It was so quick and easy I bought a second set shortly thereafter. I will be redeeming them through my TA later his morning hopefully that goes as smooth.  Will keep everyone posted.  I love getting paid for something I'm going to buy anyway!!

My two were successfully credited by my TA.  I tried to order a third online and was denied.  Thankful for the two I got.

• Like 1

Any thoughts on how it might be possible to apply the gift card to pre-purchase stuff for the cruise (internet)?

When I go to checkout, it only gives me the option of credit card or paypal. Can I call Princess?

3 hours ago, richmke said:

Any thoughts on how it might be possible to apply the gift card to pre-purchase stuff for the cruise (internet)?

When I go to checkout, it only gives me the option of credit card or paypal. Can I call Princess?

I would try calling Princess for this.  

15 hours ago, RBAlbany said:

I ordered 2 the other night and put to Mom from Dad.  Used my Princess card. Got the cards pretty quickly.  The next night, I ordered two more and put to Su*** from CH***.  Used hubby's Princess card (same acct. different number).  Went through without a problem.  However, I have yet to receive the $50 bonus cards on either purchase. All were purchased electronically.

Edited by suzyed

Question for those of you who were denied.......our daughter attempted to get one of the gift cards/bonus card combos. She used her debit/credit card. Princess denied the purchase but took the cash out of her account.  On every other denial we (husband & I) received, the money was immediately returned-her account still shows a $1K payment to Princess 36 hours after the attempt with no refund. How long did it take to get the money returned? 

1 hour ago, LMADAMS91 said:

Question for those of you who were denied.......our daughter attempted to get one of the gift cards/bonus card combos. She used her debit/credit card. Princess denied the purchase but took the cash out of her account.  On every other denial we (husband & I) received, the money was immediately returned-her account still shows a $1K payment to Princess 36 hours after the attempt with no refund. How long did it take to get the money returned? 

When my credit card purchases were refused the refund was very fast. I checked the cc site and saw the charge and then saw the refund right afterward.

When I first tried, my cc wouldn't go through.  I tried again with a different browser and made sure my address information  matched exactly what is on my cc statements (my house is physically located in one town, but the post office for my zip code is in a neighboring town.  So my address on statements can be listed either way.  I also made sure to put the 4 extra digits on my zip code, because that is what is on my cc statement.)  Went through no problem the 2nd time.  Haven't received the emails yet, but there is a temporary authorization on my cc card.

Edited by pompeii

I'm so confused.  On Thursday I asked for Porshe Reid but spoke with another rep, Sheryl Martin, who said she could help me.  Told me my card wouldn't go through  but wound up using both mine and my husband's cards, each for $1000.  Next she said she couldn't process the bonus cards so had to  be done in a different department and I would get an e-mail within 24 hrs.

When I checked our e-mail, it seems both $1000 gift cards were processed because I got a card # and pin# for each.  But when I checked my bank's website, both Princess charges were still "pending". 

So now yesterday (Friday) I still did not get the bonus cards so again called.  Got Shelley this time who transferred me to Joanne.  After waiting some time, she tells me that they are so swamped with calls that it will now take 48-72 hours to process the gift cards.  I reminded her that the promo would be over after Mothers Day (Sunday) but she assured me that since I purchased them before it ended I would have no trouble.

This morning my bank's website still has the charges pending.  I wonder if Princess is waiting for the bonus gift cards to process before finalizing the payment.  I have spent so many hours on the phone with Princess.  If I was getting paid for this time it would be worth much more than the freaking $100 in bonus gift cards.

The gift card experience has been extremely odd. My credit card did show pending even after I got the bonus card but did post within 24. I called Princess TA and wanted gift card added to my onboard credit. Several reps could not figure out how to do it. So I just added it to a future cruise payment myself. I would estimate that I have spent over 3 hours working to get the $50 bonus card.