Strange question: Leaving Port

jennyp0208

This is a weird question but I'm curious.

4 different ships are scheduled to leave port at the same time on the same day when we travel this month. Is there any way to know which order they will pull out in? The reason I'm asking is a group of my children's friends are departing on a Norwegian cruise while we're leaving on Carnival Liberty. They're docked near each other at Port Canaveral. The kids want to wave at each other during Sail Away if they can 😄

In Miami in Feb there were five boats  leaving and they left in the psoition that they wee lined up. We had to go and turn around to leave. Are you sure they are supposed to leave at the same time. we were scheduled to leave at six

I typically watch PTZ TV webcam to watch ships leave. Typically Pt. Canaveral it seems that carnival leaves first. It might be worth checking the sailaway lineup on that website to see if they give times. 

Also,  it is worth mentioning that the kids should wave to the south as they leave the port so they will be captured on the webcam. I believe the webcam is on the building with a green roof????

check out PTZ tv for more details.

Thanks for the input.

The schedule for Port Canaveral has Carnival's Liberty and Sunshine, Royal's Mariner OTS, and Norwegian Sun all scheduled at 1600. Disney Dream is scheduled for 1700. As much of a planner nerd as I am, this may be a wait-and-see thing. Which is fine because vacation 😄

(Any other planner nerds, here's a link to the WHOLE YEAR schedule: https://www.portcanaveral.com/Cruise/Cruise-Lines-Schedules)

23 hours ago, May1cruiser said:

I typically watch PTZ TV webcam to watch ships leave. Typically Pt. Canaveral it seems that carnival leaves first. It might be worth checking the sailaway lineup on that website to see if they give times. 

Also,  it is worth mentioning that the kids should wave to the south as they leave the port so they will be captured on the webcam. I believe the webcam is on the building with a green roof????

check out PTZ tv for more details.

Thanks for the webcam location! We will keep that in mind. 

On 4/30/2019 at 2:23 PM, Aplmac said:

They will likely leave a half-hour apart, but as to what order?

The Captains will probably communicate with each other, to work that out
-along with the Harbour Master and the tugs.

I don't think the Captains have a choice. Pretty sure the Harbour Master makes these decisions. They probably call the Captains and see who is ready to check out

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, momof3cruisers said:

You have probably thought of this already, but often ships that leave from the same port, shadow each other through the itinerary. You might run into their friends in port. Who knows, maybe you could do a group excursion together!

We checked already. They're doing the opposite of us unless anything changes. That would be so much fun to plan for next time. We only found out yesterday and are 16 days from embarking.

On 4/30/2019 at 4:20 PM, jennyp0208 said:

This is a weird question but I'm curious.

4 different ships are scheduled to leave port at the same time on the same day when we travel this month. Is there any way to know which order they will pull out in? The reason I'm asking is a group of my children's friends are departing on a Norwegian cruise while we're leaving on Carnival Liberty. They're docked near each other at Port Canaveral. The kids want to wave at each other during Sail Away if they can 😄

2 years ago, we were on the NCL Getaway and our granddaughter was on the NCL Pearl, docked right behind us. We went up on deck and waved to her.