table request

Just to point out, this information is not supposed to be public information. Maitre D's are not required or responsible for replying to guest emails. John Heald has pointed out numerous times that if anyone has a specific request, they should post to his Facebook page 4 days prior to the cruise and he will forward the request on.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 1025cruise said:

Just to point out, this information is not supposed to be public information. Maitre D's are not required or responsible for replying to guest emails. John Heald has pointed out numerous times that if anyone has a specific request, they should post to his Facebook page 4 days prior to the cruise and he will forward the request on.

We like John but the one time we tried his way the ball was dropped. We have emailed the maitre'd countless times, and though we didn't get a reply everytime, our requests have ALWAYS been taken care of. Bottom line is, the more people in the mix, the greater chance that your request will be missed. That's just our experience. YMMV. 

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Kenito said:

By now, everyone should know that it is the first two letters of the ship name, followed by maitred@carnival.com

Hmmm...how would that work with the Fantasy and Fascination?

Garnett

15 minutes ago, cajunfla said:

Never thought of emailing someone.  We always just booked our MDR preferences when booking the cruise.

When we booked it said the early dining option was full and were given late dining. So we had to email the Maitrd  to get it changed.

Last December I emailed the Maitre'd of the Breeze.  We already had late seating but I very politely asked to be at a large table as we eat in the MDR every night and enjoy chatting with a group at dinner.

He moved us to a table for 10 - with one other couple.  The other couple let us know they only ate in the MDR the first night and any "cruise elegant" nights.  The wait staff finally moved us to a 4-top on day 3 and added a single gentleman.  It was ok but it was not the experience we'd have preferred. On several evenings the Maitre'd would look over our way but studiously avoided coming anywhere near our table.

• 2 months later...
On 5/28/2019 at 11:39 AM, summersigh said:

Last December I emailed the Maitre'd of the Breeze.  We already had late seating but I very politely asked to be at a large table as we eat in the MDR every night and enjoy chatting with a group at dinner.

He moved us to a table for 10 - with one other couple.  The other couple let us know they only ate in the MDR the first night and any "cruise elegant" nights.  The wait staff finally moved us to a 4-top on day 3 and added a single gentleman.  It was ok but it was not the experience we'd have preferred. On several evenings the Maitre'd would look over our way but studiously avoided coming anywhere near our table.

We also enjoy sitting with other people! On a recent cruise, our family of four requested a large table to sit with another party.  We have talked met people from all over that way.  The first night, we were alone at a table for eight or ten or something.  But we had FANTASTIC waiters! The rest of the cruise, they moved us to a four-top (fine) but with brand new waiters who had no clue what was happening.  

Since several people are asking for different ones...

XXmaitred@carnival.com (replace "XX" with the ship's 2-letter code)

FA = Fantasy

FS = Fascination

EC = Ecstasy

SE = Sensation

IS = Inspiration

IM = Imagination

EL = Elation

PA = Paradise

SP = Spirit

PR = Pride

LE = Legend

MI= Miracle

DE = Destiny

SH = Sunshine

VI = Victory

CQ = Conquest

GL = Glory

LI = Liberty

VA = Valor

FD = Freedom

SL = Splendor

DR = Dream

MC = Magic

BR = Breeze

SN = Sunrise

VS = Vista

HZ = Horizon

3 minutes ago, thesmiths said:

Can you request a table for 2 by a window for anytime dining in advance?

In my experience, you can request a table for two... where it's located is a crapshoot! Also note that for Your Time Dining you cannot (again in my experience) request a specific table in advance (i.e. before the cruise). However when you check in with the hostess, you can request it and be prepared to wait, if necessary.

8 cruises under our belt and we've never gotten a window table! 

16 hours ago, Shaded Lady said:

In my experience, you can request a table for two... where it's located is a crapshoot! Also note that for Your Time Dining you cannot (again in my experience) request a specific table in advance (i.e. before the cruise). However when you check in with the hostess, you can request it and be prepared to wait, if necessary.

8 cruises under our belt and we've never gotten a window table! 

I figured that. Just wanted to see if anyone had.

I'll see what I can do onboard.

Thank you !