Don't See Perks - Should I Be Concerned

go noles

Booked an 8/25 cruise on Silhouette yesterday with two perks.  Thinking about changing one of them.  I went to reservation and did not see them.  Am I looking in the wrong place?  Thanks

It can take 10 days or so for them to appear online.

Call Celebrity and explain that you want to change one of your perks. That should be no problem.

Then tell the rep you would like a copy of your Booking Confirmation sent to you via email while you are still on the phone.

That is also no problem.

The booking confirmation will show all perks and OBC you have.

If you have any questions or concerns, deal with them at that time with that rep.

It really is simpler than I perhaps have made it sound.

Bring the Booking Confirm with you in case there is ever an issue on board.

Happy cruising!

Edited by bookitdanno

37 minutes ago, go noles said:

Booked an 8/25 cruise on Silhouette yesterday with two perks.  Thinking about changing one of them.  I went to reservation and did not see them.  Am I looking in the wrong place?  Thanks

You will probably never see the perks online.  However, if you request a copy of your invoice, they will be seen there.  If you want to make changes, just make a phone call to your travel agent or rep.

You will see the balance of your OBC in your Cruise Planner up on the top of the page.

12 minutes ago, keesar said:

You will probably never see the perks online.  However, if you request a copy of your invoice, they will be seen there.  If you want to make changes, just make a phone call to your travel agent or rep.

You will see the balance of your OBC in your Cruise Planner up on the top of the page.

My perks and OBC show up on my travel agent's invoice.  If you just booked 2 days ago, consider transferring your booking to a travel agent to get their OBC/perks.  You have to do this within 60 days of booking and before final payment.

I booked directly with Celebrity (months ago) and don't see our classic beverage package either. I wanted to upgrade online (and yes, we are within the 90 days limit, where we should be able to do so), but of course that's not an option if the beverage package doesn't show. 
Everything shows on our invoices though, so I'm not concerned (yet). 

If it is on the confirmation email or invoice, there is no need to worry. My classic beverage package showed up within 30 days of the cruise which was more than a month from the day I added the perks. Only the OBC would show up right after purchase.

5 hours ago, karli_ratte said:

I booked directly with Celebrity (months ago) and don't see our classic beverage package either. I wanted to upgrade online (and yes, we are within the 90 days limit, where we should be able to do so), but of course that's not an option if the beverage package doesn't show. 
Everything shows on our invoices though, so I'm not concerned (yet). 

If you want to make sure you have it, and/or upgrade it now, call the Captain's Club and they will help you.

I can see my OBC from X in the cruise planner and our beverage packages and WIFI also show if I click on Order History or Calendar. (These were perks, not purchases outright.) The prepaid gratuities never show anywhere but our invoice. On occasion over the years when they didn't show up, I called Captains Club at 800-760-0654 and they added what was missing while I was on the line as well as emailed me a copy.

17 hours ago, Wine-O said:

If you want to make sure you have it, and/or upgrade it now, call the Captain's Club and they will help you.

I called them (well, the German-speaking hotline) yesterday and they confirmed the beverage package perk, but were unable to upgrade it and said that it is not possible with a perk. 
Well, it worked for our last 5 cruises, so I will simply try my luck again in a few days and hope for another (more competent?) person on the hotline 🙂. Been there, done that 🙂

19 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

I can see my OBC from X in the cruise planner and our beverage packages and WIFI also show if I click on Order History or Calendar. (These were perks, not purchases outright.) The prepaid gratuities never show anywhere but our invoice. On occasion over the years when they didn't show up, I called Captains Club at 800-760-0654 and they added what was missing while I was on the line as well as emailed me a copy.

We are two families just returned from Silhouette. Before we left, I checked that both prepaid gratuities were on our accounts, even though we’d had it in writing from both our TA and X. I was informed that ours wasn’t showing on the account 🤷‍♀️ but the other family’s was. It was rectified, however, I still took all the hard copies with us.

Second day onboard, we were only charged for our third occupant (correct), but the other family were all charged grats per day. They went down to Guest Services, with their paperwork showing the prepaid gratuities, and advised the staff. Ten minutes later, and after a few phone calls, guest services agreed they had prepaid and would reimburse. Next day, more grats added to the account and no credit! Off they went again to Guest Services with their paperwork. Another twenty minutes of discussion, even though they could see on the computer screen that the family had been the previous day, they agreed the amount should be credited but they were still waiting on a code from Head Office. By 6pm that day, the gratuities we’re still showing on the account and as this was a mini cruise, the family had to return again to GS as it was the last evening. They are reasonable people and didn’t cause a scene, but it took this many visits to get their account straight, even though they had both X’s and their TA’s paperwork showing the prepaid gratuities. They were also charged for their Elite happy hour drinks too and had to explain to the representative at the desk what Elite drinks were and how they are complimentary between 5pm and 7pm!

Moral of the day: it’s a MUST to take a hard copy of your paperwork, no matter what X, your TA or Captain’s Club say is on your account - have it in writing with you!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, villauk said:

Moral of the day: it’s a MUST to take a hard copy of your paperwork, no matter what X, your TA or Captain’s Club say is on your account - have it in writing with you!

We've never had the issues that was experienced by you and your friends, but I couldn't agree more. I always triple check everything, and print out hard copies as well (or download them onto my tablet...usually both). Although we've never had occasion to need them, I'm convinced that the one time I fail to have all documentation will be the time it will be necessary. I guess it's the old scout training...."Be Prepared!"

We are cruising with Celebrity for the first time this summer. We booked in October and received 4 free perks. Only the OBC shows in my reservation planner, not the wifi, premium beverage package, or pre-paid tips. I contacted Celebrity, and they emailed me a PDF of our invoice that has everything listed.  It still doesn't show in our online account, and that bugs me, but I have the PDF saved to my phone and also intend to take a printed copy with me when we go. I don't want to spend our cruising time at a desk getting charges taken off our account!

The beverage package & WiFi sometimes show in the Cruise Planner and sometimes not.  In the past year or so they OBC started showing so you could book excursions, speciality restaurants, etc.  using the OBC. Prepaid gratuties never show in the Cruise Planner.  

We have taken 25 cruises with Celebrity and have never had a problem with perks not being in place when we boarded.  We also take a copy of the booking confirmation just in case😉.

Our last cruise we had the go better package when we booked, however the following week decided to upgrade to the go best and get all four perks. It was all confirmed in an email from celebrity, and was over 9 months prior to our cruise. Fast forward to embarkation day, went to order a drink, and it said that we only had the go better package(classic drinks). We went to guest services and their system said we only had 2 perks! Luckily I printed the email and brought it with me, and had a backup on my phone. It took a few calls to Miami and an hour to fix.....oh, and it wasn't just us, my sister and brother in law who were on the same cruise, same experience. I had her docs on my phone as well thankfully.

• Thanks 1