notification that someone responded to one of my posts, but no post

Maybe 3 or 4 times over the last several days when I log on to these boards there is a notification that someone has responded to one of my posts. It gives the name of the responder and the title of the thread, but in none of those times have I seen a response. If it was just one time, I might surmise that the post was deleted, but it has happened multiple times. Also, in the past when I got this kind of notification, I also had an e-mail notification. There was no e-mail notification for any of these posts that were not there.

Has this been happening to anyone else? Can the moderator possibly explain this? It has happened in different cruise critic forums; I think Princess, Holland America, Carnival, and possibly this one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Candyman said:

Are you sure they didn't react to your post and you were thinking they responded?

This may be it, if someone likes one of your posts you receive notification of it. If you click on the notification it takes you to the post in question.

2 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Maybe 3 or 4 times over the last several days when I log on to these boards there is a notification that someone has responded to one of my posts. It gives the name of the responder and the title of the thread, but in none of those times have I seen a response. If it was just one time, I might surmise that the post was deleted, but it has happened multiple times. Also, in the past when I got this kind of notification, I also had an e-mail notification. There was no e-mail notification for any of these posts that were not there.

Has this been happening to anyone else? Can the moderator possibly explain this? It has happened in different cruise critic forums; I think Princess, Holland America, Carnival, and possibly this one.

You have the option of email notifications on or off. Click on your used ID at the top right and then go to Account Settings and Notification Settings to change how notifications are handled. 

"Reacted" means this is someone "liking" your post.

The little white heart, bottom right of each post - I'm guessing that the the little heart on that post of yours is now showing a 1  

Or mebbe a 2 or a 3 or more, indicating that others have also liked your post.

Now I'm gonna confuse you by  you by liking your post on this thread. :classic_tongue:

JB :classic_smile:

Edited . Ooops, got it wrong. It's showing green 1

Edited by John Bull
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, John Bull said:

The little white heart, bottom right of each post - I'm guessing that the the little heart on that post of yours is now showing a 1  

Now I'm gonna confuse you by  you by liking your post on this thread. :classic_tongue:

I sometimes find these notifications to be a little old. Sometimes I’ll check them and they were for posts that I already read.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SantaFeFan said:

You have the option of email notifications on or off. Click on your used ID at the top right and then go to Account Settings and Notification Settings to change how notifications are handled. 

I see your post and got here from my e-mail notification. So, I have not changed anything.

1 hour ago, John Bull said:

OK, now I understand. I did not know you could "like posts". And I do see the green 1 by my post starting this thread.

1 hour ago, John Bull said:

I guess I should also ask how do you go about liking posts. I definitely like yours as I learned something.

I don't suppose they let you dislike posts.

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

I guess I should also ask how do you go about liking posts. I definitely like yours as I learned something.

To like, just click on that little white heart in the bottom right corner.

You can practice on this post if you like  :classic_wink:

And for any likes on a post of yours, just click on the number to see who liked it.

No, there's no dislike button.

If there were, I could think of quite a few posts on tipping, smoking, dress-codes & other contentious subjects that'd get a pasting :classic_biggrin:

JB :classic_wink:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

Hover over the heart icon on the lower right of the post.  You have the option of "Like" (heart), "Ha ha"(laughing face) and "Thanks"(trophy).  Click on the appropriate icon.  

• Like 1