Just off Sunrise

beacha

7 minutes ago, TVLady3 said:

No, but the ceiling is and the bathroom door is as well as the front door.

Do you mean the outside of the front door? We want to hang something on it with magnets. 

On 5/7/2019 at 2:55 PM, surfone said:

I cannot answer why our cabin had USB ports and others did not have them, but I would not book the 4J room in the future.  Too loud with the side doors slamming as anyone can access the doors to go outside to the front of the ship and they don't care what time of night it is or early morning and did not know how to close the doors without slamming.  Also, the crew doors are right there across from these type rooms as well so some of the door slamming could come from them, too. We sleep with our white noise from our phones but that didn't really help.

Sorry to hear you didn’t like the 4J.  We have 7201 in March (Cuba Cruise); our second time in a 4J, and we really enjoyed the first one.  I believe the slamming of doors is related to the number of people who are interested in accessing the front deck.  Other than embarkation sail away, there were very few people who went out there last time, maybe 3 or 4 of the people in the 4Js.  Hope we get lucky with that again.

Do you have any other comments about the cabin and/or location?  Perhaps a picture or two?  Thanks.

On 5/6/2019 at 2:24 PM, Garth2 said:

No, they discontinued it several years ago.  After your cruise you will receive an email offering $50 OBC if you book Early Saver within the next 2 weeks.  But you can't get more OBC booking Past Guest rate like you used to be able to do.

Dear Garth2,

You are able to obtain a much larger OBC and Savings , Booking with a ASTA Travel Agent always.

Having a Shareholder benefit too..

BTW instead of Lost in the eMail excuses get it in the US Mail, Hard Copy is best eh..

On 5/6/2019 at 12:40 PM, beacha said:

We were on the inaugural sailing. I will write a review for this trip, but will answer any questions you might have while my memory is fresh.

Do you happen to have the email address for the matra'd of the Sunrise?  Thank you.

What exactly does a Spa interior cabin come with?  Are the amenities worth paying $50 for 2 people more than an Ocean view cabin for a 5 day cruise?

I already read there is no pool, but is there at least a hot tub in the spa area?  What are the thermal suites like?  

Can you tell I am a spa virgin?  :classic_laugh:

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/6/2019 at 1:00 PM, beacha said:

Hi there! Our balcony cabin did have a fridge. I think it could hold 2  6 packs of drinks. It didn’t feel too cold, though.

There were 2 outlets by the desk/ mirror. We were able to use CPAP without the extension cord. No outlets by the bed, though.

Everything was up and running; we never encountered areas closed due to incomplete dry dock work.

The lamps next to the beds did not have a cell phone charger plug in?

It is possible that you have written your review (I have not read ALL the postings on here) about the Sunrise ship.  It is one of the ships we (8 of us) are thinking of going on to Jamaica next year.

A couple questions.  "If" you ate in the MDR, did you have to walk through the casio to get to it?  Smoke bothers me so much.

Do they have Guys Ferrari and the Iguana eateries there?