Just back from Perfect Day At Coco Cay

Pros:  no tendering, music and dancers to welcome you, food was fresh and delish, drink servers were frequent and quite quick, lots of different areas to explore.  Floating tiki bar was great,  could walk waaay out on sandbar...watch out for stingrays....do the stingray shuffle!  Fireworks just prior to departing COCO Cay were great but need to be later as it was not dark enough!  A very worthy effort tho.  Loved the beer tap at the buffet!  Lots of bathrooms around.  

Cons:  Oasis lagoon cabana was underwhelming.  Poor and limited seating in the cabana, poor location...could not even see the pool past rows and rows of the free chairs... zero service except for regular bar servers.  No towels in cabana.  Music at lagoon pool was obnoxious and relentless.....got louder as afternoon progressed.  We were hoping to relax and nap in cabana but music was too much.  Did not realize it is set up as such a party scene....not described that way—would have never wasted the money on the cabana.  Pool water was cold in the morning but warmed up as day went on.  Waterslides.....per our twenty somethings in the group....1.5 hour wait for the big slide with only one ship at coco....what will it be with more than 1 ship??

Overall impression.....it feels pretty disney-ized, miss the natural relaxed beauty of the Bahamas.  Plenty for everyone to do and lots of opportunity for RCCL to get their hands onto more of your $$.  It’s nice and all but personally not really anything I’m looking for on a cruise.  

• Like 19
  • Thanks 4

5 minutes ago, ramidon1 said:

Waterslides.....per our twenty somethings in the group....1.5 hour wait for the big slide with only one ship at coco....what will it be with more than 1 ship??

Star class Line advancement possible?

Not gonna lie, the 'party atmosphere' that turned you off sounds like a good time to me. I'd prefer the island be alive with music and festivities. If you want to sleep, go find a deck chair on the ships pool...which is essentially abandoned while the ship is docked. You will have loads of quiet time all to yourself at no extra cost.

This post also confirmed my initial assumption that the Perfect Day waterpark is a huge waste of money. Over an hour to ride a waterslide with only one ship docked....and RC is talking about having 3 ships at once there in the future?! 🤨 Doesn't sound like much fun @ $72/pp

Edited by nanowerx
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Not to cut lines.  Suite deck would be perfect Day at coco Day.  Thats what they Paid for not a bump in a line for people paying for the same excursion.  That's what is now, a paid excursion.

Believe me I know the cost of Star class and whats included (Very pricey).  But having our Genie hold our hands to get us to the front of the line should'nt be part of it.

I have a cabana rented (very expensive) at the water park.  I expect all of us to wait in line like everybody else.

Now if they can come up with a price point (like Universal Studios fast pass) that allows a shorter line and I don't pay for it than I cannot complain if I don't purchase it.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, sharktums said:

Were they offering free visits to the waterpark this weekend? 1.5 hour wait for a paid upcharge waterslide seems excessive!

Not free, but honestly I’m not sure what they paid.  I think it was around $24/pp for a half day if booked ahead online...so I’m sure it was more than that.

1 minute ago, Merion_Mom said:

I cannot imagine waiting in line for an hour and a half for almost anything, and certainly not for a water slide. 

To be fair, I think they were being overly cautious for safety reasons since everything so new.....hopefully wait times willl improve but I did think that was excessive wait time for sure.

34 minutes ago, nanowerx said:

Not gonna lie, the 'party atmosphere' that turned you off sounds like a good time to me. I'd prefer the island be alive with music and festivities. If you want to sleep, go find a deck chair on the ships pool...which is essentially abandoned while the ship is docked. You will have loads of quiet time all to yourself at no extra cost.

This post also confirmed my initial assumption that the Perfect Day waterpark is a huge waste of money. Over an hour to ride a waterslide with only one ship docked....and RC is talking about having 3 ships at once there in the future?! 🤨 Doesn't sound like much fun @ $72/pp

I get it, some people were really enjoying the music.    I just wish they had been more clear on what atmosphere they were trying to create.  Being new, there were no reviews to rely on.  

• Like 1

Yeah, Royal can be shady with their wording. Sorry they swindled you.

Wish they would allow user reviews for excursions and cruise planner purchases. That would eliminate pretty much any questions anybody would have.

• Like 1

We were there too! My husband and I had an absolutely Perfect day at Coco Cay! We loved the party atmosphere; it was like being at a South Beach pool party. We are in our 50's and partied with the youngsters and even some older ones too. The temperature was perfect, 81 degrees and sunny. We didn't even want to leave to eat but did grab a bite at the bbq which was much improved over the old Coco Cay. If they had had those slides back when my kids were little, they would have loved it. We didn't do anything except eat, drink and party lol, but the ones that did enjoy the ziplines and slides looked like they were having a great time. They treated us to a beautiful fireworks display as we were ready to depart that night! I will try to post some pics.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, ramidon1 said:

I get it, some people were really enjoying the music.    I just wish they had been more clear on what atmosphere they were trying to create.  Being new, there were no reviews to rely on.  

I didn't ride the slides but I'm pretty sure that they were being extra cautious as it was the opening day. I'm sure that it will be moving along faster in the future. Maybe they should have discounted it the first few cruises.

Do you know if they will do fireworks for every sailing that pulls in or just for that grand opening?  I'm on the Harmony in September and I see we leave at 4.  That does seem a little early for fireworks.  But would still be a cool way to leave a port

3 minutes ago, DustFSU said:

Do you know if they will do fireworks for every sailing that pulls in or just for that grand opening?  I'm on the Harmony in September and I see we leave at 4.  That does seem a little early for fireworks.  But would still be a cool way to leave a port

I believe that it was only for the inauguration of the Perfect Day. It was really nice. Enjoy I loved the Harmony.

We'll be there next week! 

Best news is the beer at buffet!! Sucks for the 'kids' though, having to wait that long for slide! That's total BS.....!!!!!

We have a group of 25 going and wanted to get a cabana... but they've been gone for a long time. Any suggestions? Can you get them on board? At island? 

Thanks in advance!

5 minutes ago, klfhngr said:

We'll be there next week! 

Best news is the beer at buffet!! Sucks for the 'kids' though, having to wait that long for slide! That's total BS.....!!!!!

We have a group of 25 going and wanted to get a cabana... but they've been gone for a long time. Any suggestions? Can you get them on board? At island? 

Thanks in advance!

I'm not sure but I do know from previously getting a cabana at Labadee, you were limited to the number of people, maybe 8. Not sure if that has changed. I also think since it was the first weekend, they were being cautious with the slides. I'm sure things will be running much more smoothly. It's a lot of fun and if you want to party you may not need the cabana. The music is fun and you can hang out in the pool all day!

Edited by ginak1112