Six More Medallion Ships coming in 2020

CruiseAdict218

Princess Cruises today announced the expansion of its Medallion Class to six additional ships in 2020 – Ruby Princess (January 27), Grand Princess (March 29), Enchanted Princess (June 15), Emerald Princess (August 16), Coral Princess (October 16), and Island Princess (December 20).

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/20825-princess-to-activate-six-more-medallion-ships.html

The Grand is wired and ready to go Medallion Class after coming out of drydock. We are doing a b2b 3/22/20 & 3/29/20 so it is nice to see we will be up and running for the 3/29 cruise. I wonder what kind of testing they will be doing on the 3/22 cruise? Also getting the Medallions to us before we sail on the 22nd.

Marty

It's free on any ship that's been upgraded.  That has taken a while, but it's still in progress.

There's nothing one would need to do to get a medallion in a medallion-class sailing.

1 hour ago, denmarks said:

Is Medallion Class really a "class" or something available to everyone for free.

I think they could have chosen a better word.  I am no marketing person - far from it.  But it was confusing when first announced.  It's really an "experience" - but that is too long a word and too many syllables following Medallion. They use "Class" with Club Class which actually is something exclusive to an select few cabins on the ship.

Princess just changed the "MedallionClass" page on its website to reflect that the only ships now expected to come online in 2019 are Crown and Sky (as a new build being launched in October).

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ocean-medallion/

I am quite certain several of the above ships were as late as last week listed as tentatively going Medallion before the end of this year--including Emerald and Island, which now appear significantly delayed.

So the press material from Princess being touted by the trade magazine is actually announcing a step (or several) backwards. Either the editors of that site haven't been paying attention--or don't want to offend their advertisers.

Edited by fishywood

26 minutes ago, fishywood said:

I am quite certain several of the above ships were as late as last week listed as tentatively going Medallion before the end of this year--including Emerald and Island, which now appear significantly delayed.

So the press material from Princess being touted by the trade magazine is actually announcing a step (or several) backwards. Either the editors of that site haven't been paying attention--or don't want to offend their advertisers.

I've been looking at cached versions of various webpages, and have not found any that support your assertion just yet.  All I have found mention only Royal, Crown, and Sky coming on in 2019.

1 minute ago, denmarks said:

Isn't today May 7, 2019?

Prior to today those ships had tentative 2019 dates listed for their Medallion activation. Believe me or don't believe me. But its a fact simply too par-for-the-course to just make up.

On 5/7/2019 at 9:19 AM, CruiseAdict218 said:

Princess Cruises today announced the expansion of its Medallion Class to six additional ships in 2020 – Ruby Princess (January 27), Grand Princess (March 29), Enchanted Princess (June 15), Emerald Princess (August 16), Coral Princess (October 16), and Island Princess (December 20).

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/20825-princess-to-activate-six-more-medallion-ships.html

Another princess 'promise' that won't be met...

10 minutes ago, pablo222 said:

Another princess 'promise' that won't be met...

One: It's  a schedule which can change.

Two: There haven't been any delays with Royal Princess getting it so why will there be in the future.