Transportation Fort Lauderdale airport to Miami airport

hotrod610

2 hours ago, hotrod610 said:

Suggestions and advice 

We recently did this.  On the way there we went the day before so we rented a one way rental car and dropped it off downtown Miami and took short 5 minute shuttle ride to port.  When we first got to the rental place downtown and went into the office I was like wow - what a mad house and no one was moving.  Apparently that was for people picking up cars and the shuttle driver said just to turn in key and no need to talk to anyone.  At end of trip we Uber XLd it and prices ranged initially from $105 but dropped to around $70 for the four of us.

This could be tricky. For some reasons many shuttles from FLL won't go into the Miami Airport. Not sure if that is a regulation placed by Dade county or not. 

I have used this company to go from FLL to miami hotels and the port of miami at least a dozen times. Very reliable, but it doesn't look like they go into the Miami airport either :(. http://www.ridesas.com/sasreserve.php

9 minutes ago, NCTribeFan said:

Yes, check out the Florida Departures board.  As you might expect, the subject comes up very often.

I've used both SAS and QLS.  Going to use QLS next week. 

According to their web pages, SAS and QLS do not service Miami airport. I remember some wacky rule about Dade county and shuttle services. OP will want to call to verify anything going directly to Miami airport. Getting to Miami hotels and/or the port of Miami is no trouble at all from FLL, but getting to Miami Airport from FLL is always problematic. 

Right.  I have done Miami port to FLL area hotels but not airport to airport.

But, since this isn't directly involving a cruise, checking out the Florida Departures board is the place to go.  I'm sure there are people who have done this.

No idea how much Uber would be but splitting the fare between multiple people might not be bad.

I have no personal experience with it, but there is a company called Metro Shuttle.  Go to Metroshuttleservice.com, click on FLL services and choose FLL to MIA.  Advertised price is $25 per person.

• Like 1

We did exactly what you are asking about. Flew into FLL and rented a car from National and drove it to pick up some toiletries and briefly sightsee. Dropped it off at MIA and took the free shuttle straight to the port. It was about $45. Very economical and convenient.