Bliss Haven 2 Bedroom Family Villa Smaller Bedroom for 2 Adults

Just returned from a 6-day cruise in the 2 bedroom Haven Family Cabin.  We had 4 adults and one young child.  I had trouble finding photos of the second smaller bedroom lower bed made up for two so I thought I'd post here for those interested.  The bed worked for two people but wasn't as comfortable as I hoped.  We had to ask for two layers of foam on top and it still wouldn't have been very comfortable if you were a 'side' sleeper.  (However it wouldn't keep me from doing this again- splitting the cost of this cabin over 4 adults makes it affordable.)

We never used the upper berth but I imagine it might have been very crowded!  The lower bed was always left open like this and was not opened and closed daily.  (We didn't care as the living room area was fine for all of us for daytime use.)

I have some other tips/photos I will share in a bit.

3AC5B3F7-B9EE-4EC0-97EE-DADDA7A38751 (1).JPG

22686AA3-18B6-4FF0-A858-98FF4E8AE1DC (1).JPG

DSCN4195 Cabin.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks for sharing.  We were in the 2 bedroom on the Escape and will be doing the Bliss on the June 2 sailing.  i was wondering if the layouts were the same.  We actually used the upper berth on the Escape and the room definitely seemed more crowded.

10 hours ago, Calif. Cruisers said:

Just returned from a 6-day cruise in the 2 bedroom Haven Family Cabin.  We had 4 adults and one young child.  I had trouble finding photos of the second smaller bedroom lower bed made up for two so I thought I'd post here for those interested.  The bed worked for two people but wasn't as comfortable as I hoped.  We had to ask for two layers of foam on top and it still wouldn't have been very comfortable if you were a 'side' sleeper.  (However it wouldn't keep me from doing this again- splitting the cost of this cabin over 4 adults makes it affordable.)

We never used the upper berth but I imagine it might have been very crowded!  The lower bed was always left open like this and was not opened and closed daily.  (We didn't care as the living room area was fine for all of us for daytime use.)

I have some other tips/photos I will share in a bit.

3AC5B3F7-B9EE-4EC0-97EE-DADDA7A38751 (1).JPG

22686AA3-18B6-4FF0-A858-98FF4E8AE1DC (1).JPG

DSCN4195 Cabin.jpg

We've thought about doing this with another couple.  The master bedroom is obviously more desirable. So how do you decide who sleeps where? 

8 minutes ago, Chesneygirl said:

We've thought about doing this with another couple.  The master bedroom is obviously more desirable. So how do you decide who sleeps where? 

That's what I was thinking. If you're splitting the cost with another couple, how do you decide who gets the "nice" master and who gets the smaller bedroom?  If I were the one in the smaller bedroom and I was paying 1/2 the cost, I'm not sure I would be very happy.

• Like 1

Hubby had hip replacement surgery 8 weeks before a cruise, a friend joined us to help. I paid for the 2bed Haven on the Breakaway cabin & felt bad for how small the room/bed was, the friend was thrilled to be on a cruise but I wouldn’t pay to stay in that small room. 

The 2nd bedroom in the DOS on the Bliss is a bit bigger but it’s still meant for kids 

Its not meant for kids.   Nothing about that second bedroom is miniature.    I have 2 larger teens and they were very comfortable.  Even the bedding was comfortable.   What this picture doesn't show is the pop down bunk from the ceiling.    Technically 3 could sleep in that room!    Now that would be tight but again, the room really is only for sleeping because lounging would take place in the main living room area.   

It's not designed to be a cabin.   It's designed to be a sleeping area because of the shared living room.    

I think sharing the cabin with another couple is a great way for everyone to enjoy the Haven experience.    If it were me, I'd probably make a deal where each couple gets to enjoy the main master bedroom.    Say the first couple gets the bedroom for 3 days, then you switch.    Talk to your cabin steward about changing out the sheets after day 3 and changing out the towels.   Give the cabin steward an extra tip after day 3.     

Either that or the couple in the main bedroom pays 2/3 of the total price of the cabin.    

• Like 1

Wondering how different the 2 bedroom family suite w/ Haven privileges is from the ones in the photos...

We've booked it with my sis & her DH for an 11 night cruise. Not sure how we'll work the bedroom situation yet- we wouldn't mind being in the tiny one since we wake up earlier than they and could make use of the living area & veranda while they are still sleeping. Or we could swap rooms mid-cruise since it's a fairly long one. Looking forward to the Haven experience and the cost per couple is comparable to staying in a mini-suite!

We swapped bedrooms mid cruise (we were cruising with daughter and son-in-law, and granddaughter.)  We just let our cabin steward know and they switched the bedding just as mentioned above.  They were very nice about it.  In addition the living room couch can be used as a bed (although we didn't use it for that we certainly had a few times when people slept on it.)

We felt we got the 'full' Haven experience- we were right in the Haven.  The whole family ate together for several meals, and then did some separately, etc.

We were offered the Margaritaville option for our first day lunch (for free) or could eat at the Haven restaurant.

We also got 1/2 off at Food Republic for dinner on that first evening- and took advantage of it.

Edited by Calif. Cruisers
changed cabins to bedrooms

• 4 years later...

Can anyone please tell me if the bed in the extra bedroom is comfortable? Does it have the springs and bars on typical pullouts or is it a full mattress on a platform? Looking at booking this and my 25 year old son would stay in that room. I want him to be comfortable and I'm concerned the bed may not work for him. He's not a big guy, but when you're used to a nice mattress in your own home then sleeping on bars and springs is a no go. Thanks!

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

You are sleeping on the sofa. Not even springs and bars. You can request a milk crate from from your cabin steward for additional comfort. 

I can't imagine a milk crate would add to the comfort level .... 😂 (I assume this should have said egg crate / foam mattress topper.)

On 9/15/2023 at 12:31 PM, OKTXMama said:

Can anyone please tell me if the bed in the extra bedroom is comfortable? Does it have the springs and bars on typical pullouts or is it a full mattress on a platform? Looking at booking this and my 25 year old son would stay in that room. I want him to be comfortable and I'm concerned the bed may not work for him. He's not a big guy, but when you're used to a nice mattress in your own home then sleeping on bars and springs is a no go. Thanks!

Our teenaged grand daughter slept on it and she said it was comfortable. She weighs about

125 pounds and 5 foot 5 which might make it different if your son is much bigger.

On 9/15/2023 at 1:31 PM, OKTXMama said:

My 25 year old son (6’1, 220) spent half of his summer sleeping on a pull out couch at the beach, his share of a 3 bedroom 1 bathroom rental with 12 of his best friends. No complaints, to be young again…

• Like 1