Are Paper Boarding Passes Needed on Medallion Ship?

turquoisesea

We are 9 days away from out first Medallion cruise on the CB.   😀 The directions say to print out the Boarding Pass.  With our Medallions in hand will we still need the Boarding Pass?

Edited by turquoisesea

1 hour ago, fishin' musician said:

I'm guessing you don't "need" a boarding pass with or without the medallion.  Presenting your passport and a credit card should be all you need to get onboard.

In the past (all non-medallian cruises), we always needed to show it just to get in the door to the terminal. 

Jim

11 hours ago, turquoisesea said:

We are 9 days away from out first Medallion cruise on the CB.   😀 The directions say to print out the Boarding Pass.  With our Medallions in hand will we still need the Boarding Pass?

*IF* you've completed the "Ocean Ready" app, then almost certainly not.

We boarded Regal last month without breaking stride except for the security screen.  That said, I had printed boarding

passes in my pocket as Plan 'B' were there a computer crash, power outage, clueless port staff, ....  😎

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Colorado Coasty said:

How do the often clueless port staff know if you should or should not be in priority boarding line?

It depends on how the operation is run at the port where you're boarding. Different locations work in different ways. And not all port staff are as "clueless" as you may think.

Tom

36 minutes ago, Pierlesscruisers said:

It depends on how the operation is run at the port where you're boarding. Different locations work in different ways. And not all port staff are as "clueless" as you may think.

Tom

Indeed, most are not.    ...but the percentage still greater than 0.000%, which is the point, no?

43 minutes ago, Pierlesscruisers said:

Can you name a single occupation where the percentage is not greater than zero?

Tom

You keep making my point:  Carry a paper boarding pass even if you shouldn't need it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pierlesscruisers said:

Tom

I agree that most do a very good job but it seems that the one who is clueless is the first one you encounter and is directing people to the wrong line. 

The question remains, how do they know by looking at the medallion in which line you belong. It can't be by the color because people in suites could have blue, red, or gold medallions.

If you're ocean ready, according to the app you need the Ocean Ready boarding pass, either the mobile variety on your phone or printed.  If you can't print directly from your phone you can load up ocean.com on a PC and print one from there.

If not ocean ready then in theory you need the regular one from the cruise personalizer.

I like to be overly prepared so I will plan to use my phone for the mobile pass, but I will also have printed copies of both the ocean ready and traditional boarding passes.

I'm on the CB on the 18th as well! Physically I'm sitting at work but mentally I'm already there! Be sure to check in to the roll call if you haven't recently a meetup is being planned.  Spoiler alert it's outrigger after muster.

1 hour ago, Haboob said:

You keep making my point:  Carry a paper boarding pass even if you shouldn't need it.

Never knew that was the point you were trying to make. Yes, I agree, that it is best to have the boarding pass and we always have ours. However, having a copy of your boarding pass is not a necessity and you can be checked in without that document. that was the point I was trying to make. But, you're right in that it's always best to have that document.

Tom

• Like 1

I bring hard copy printouts of my boarding passes, receipts for all payments, all excursion bookings, all pre-cruise purchases, …   Although I rarely need these print-outs, better to have them and not need them, than to need them and not have them.

And they take very little room in my carry-on bag.

What possible reason would there be not to print them out and bring them, just in case?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Colorado Coasty said:

The question remains, how do they know by looking at the medallion in which line you belong.

Didn't matter that our medallions were blue ... we were sent to board with the Elites.  

Seems the actual medallion tells them rather than the color.  

Yes now Medalions are like great books.. it is not the covewr which matters to most it is what is inside it..

Yes I so agree , having Hard Copies does help if Mr and Mrs, Murphy are about..

Having Copies of your Passport , credit cards, ID etc.. too that way you have l;ess of a chance of loosing them with copies that are usually accepted at most Ports of Call too..

5 hours ago, PMGS247 said:

If you're ocean ready, according to the app you need the Ocean Ready boarding pass, either the mobile variety on your phone or printed.  If you can't print directly from your phone you can load up ocean.com on a PC and print one from there.

If not ocean ready then in theory you need the regular one from the cruise personalizer.

I like to be overly prepared so I will plan to use my phone for the mobile pass, but I will also have printed copies of both the ocean ready and traditional boarding passes.

I'm on the CB on the 18th as well! Physically I'm sitting at work but mentally I'm already there! Be sure to check in to the roll call if you haven't recently a meetup is being planned.  Spoiler alert it's outrigger after muster.

Wow!  Thank you. I never noticed the directions on the Ocean Ready about the Boarding Pass.  We have our Medallions and sport bands and are all set to go. I took a screen shot of the Boarding Passes.  We are on the Roll Call.  Only 7 more days. We fly out of PHL on Friday.  (And I do have the Plan B paper Boarding Passes,  too.  Just In case their computers crash!😂😂)

1 hour ago, OCruisers said:

Didn't matter that our medallions were blue ... we were sent to board with the Elites.  

Seems the actual medallion tells them rather than the color.  

Ticky-tack:  The medallion only has an ID number.

Lost mine down in the stateroom's sofa.  The Purser's Desk could immediately tell me 'it was in my room

"somewhere" '.  When I told them 'Yep, but I can't figure out just where it is in the sofa', they got a new one

with a different ID number, embossed it with my name and voyage, told the ship the new number, and I was

back in business.

Interesting tidbit:  When the crewmember's tablet looks you up with that ID number and shows your face, it

places a small Ruby (or whatever) badge down in the lower right corner of the photo.