Flash vs. Non-Flash Sale

minidonuts85

Hello,

Is there a way to tell the difference between a Flash and Non-Flash sale if the title or description doesn't indicate as such? I was told by WS that the recent Get Going sale (ended) was a flash sale; I am now seeing a Mothers Day sale through 5/15 that includes some sailings through 6/2020. Thanks!

The Mother's Day Sale Price for "Spanish Serenade" comes up with the same prices we paid under the previous sale – for the February 2020 date featured.  But for the September 2020 date we booked, the new sale is $500 more than we paid.

After booking my cruise, I check the website weekly for any specials. For example- I booked our next cruise in December 2018, the per person price was $4599, on 3/6/19 it went to $4299, 3/27/19- $3799, 4/3/19- $3299- (Re-booked it at each  of the previous changes.

Some had perks attached, so you need to factor in those things as well. For example- the current price for our cruise is $2999, yes a $300 decrease- but with the perks we received on the earlier booking it isn't worth it.

Watch the fares!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Cometman said:

After booking my cruise, I check the website weekly for any specials. For example- I booked our next cruise in December 2018, the per person price was $4599, on 3/6/19 it went to $4299, 3/27/19- $3799, 4/3/19- $3299- (Re-booked it at each  of the previous changes.

Some had perks attached, so you need to factor in those things as well. For example- the current price for our cruise is $2999, yes a $300 decrease- but with the perks we received on the earlier booking it isn't worth it.

Watch the fares!

I definitely check weekly!

We booked the 7-day leg from San Diego to PV, we originally booked at $2800 (minus alumni discount) with $200 OBC per cabin. Now the same cabin is $1900 under the Mothers Day sale. The price drop outweighs losing the OBC so I am going to rebook. I tried to under the Get Going sale but was told it was a flash sale and payment in full was required at that time and no cancellations.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, minidonuts85 said:

I definitely check weekly!

We booked the 7-day leg from San Diego to PV, we originally booked at $2800 (minus alumni discount) with $200 OBC per cabin. Now the same cabin is $1900 under the Mothers Day sale. The price drop outweighs losing the OBC so I am going to rebook. I tried to under the Get Going sale but was told it was a flash sale and payment in full was required at that time and no cancellations.

See ya on board!

Sometimes the sale will not allow you to use Yacht Club 5% discount.  This happened to me on our last cruise.  The discount offered by the sale last November was so deep that you could not use it in conjunction with any other offer.  I did not argue as the price was right for me.  Just need to keep an eye out on prices.  We tend to book late and this has always worked in our favour

• Like 1