Grand Suite: Does the concierge contact you in advanced?

This is our first time in a grand suite, and it will be in the Jewel. We are scheduled to sail her in 2.5 weeks.  I was under the impression that the concierge would email you prior to boarding, maybe a few weeks prior. Is this right? We have not received anything. In fact I’ve email them 3x to ensure they get our group (17 ppl) together for dinner every night (all reservations linked). And the only response received from that is that the email was forwarded to the vessel but no confirmation that it will be done. Is this strange? 

9 minutes ago, dwhe said:

I've received 2, one 11 days before and one 9 days before.

For GS?  Which Ship?  How many day cruise, yours and previous.  Generally the Concierge does them about middle of their current cruise. 

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

Both Oasis and Allure contacted us about a week before the cruise and offered their services.  Allure I asked them to switch all of our dining to Coastal and they took care of it for me.  Those were both Crown Loft Suites, but they are the same suite class as GS, so I imagine the service level is identical.

1 minute ago, Lmm79 said:

We have booked our first “true” suite upcoming. Curious what the concierge contacts you about?

Reservations for cabanas, specialty dining, excursions, etc.

3 minutes ago, Lmm79 said:

We have booked our first “true” suite upcoming. Curious what the concierge contacts you about?

Literally anything that you might go to guest services for, the concierge can do.  They also will be able to contact any venue on the ship for reservations, etc.

3 hours ago, Lmm79 said:

This is for our upcoming Navigator. It came 7 days out. Hope you can read it.

image.thumb.png.9840f54afb622bb2af744046259d252e.png

22 minutes ago, Big_G said:

This is for our upcoming Navigator. It came 7 days out. Hope you can read it.

image.thumb.png.9840f54afb622bb2af744046259d252e.png

So it looks like Navigator is not doing an Embarkation Day Suite lunch in the MDR like Mariner has started doing?

4 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

So it looks like Navigator is not doing an Embarkation Day Suite lunch in the MDR like Mariner has started doing?

Interesting...I never heard of that before so I went back through my last few non-Oasis Class sailings and none of them listed that lunch. Maybe it just hasn't reached other ships yet.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

For GS?  Which Ship?  How many day cruise, yours and previous.  Generally the Concierge does them about middle of their current cruise. 

Yes GS on the Brilliance 12 day Baltic, they are currently doing the trans-Atlantic

7 days out for us, both times on Oasis. As for linking reservations for dining, our travel agent always takes care of that ahead of time, or you can call RCI directly. I wouldn't wait for concierge to do it.

This is a new one on me. I'm also on the Indy in a months time and I've just got an email from chatbot Indy.

" Indy can give you information on the extraordinary activities you can do onboard or tantalise your taste buds with the best restaurant recommendations. So what are you waiting for, go ahead and ask Indy a question and see what you'll discover "

Just went back to 2016 and looked for email letters...  couldn’t find them all. All in GS

Oasis 1/13/16 for 1/16 sailing 

MJ No Concierge 5/27/16 (3 day)

EN 9/21/16 for 9/26 (3/4 days)

SR 11/13/16 for 11/23 sailing (11/12 days)

Allure 1/22/17 for 1/29 sailing

MJ No Concierge 6/30 (3 day)

FR 9/12/17 for 9/17 sailing 

BR None for 12/3/17 This was a Charter 7 day

HOTS 4/02/18 for 4/7 sailing 

HOTS 9/23/18 for 9/29 sailing

Except for SR 11/12 day cruises, most are 5 days before.