3 days on Pursuit

flipflap78

Hello! :-)

I booked a three-day cruise on Pursuit for next month!
I will leave from Venice (which is always great even for me being Italian) and I can't wait to try this experience! 
Unfortunately it will only be three days, but I will try to enjoy them as much as possible!
They assigned me the cabin 6001, I saw the reviews and it won't be the best but it's okay anyway, I'm very happy! 
But I guess that in just three days there will be a fantastic dinner near the pools, any of you have experience on cruises so short?
Thank you very much!

Yes I have done short cruises. Important you listen here to feedback from those who have because the dynamic is very different even from seven night trips. You find the majority of guests will be maxing out on enjoying everything. So it will be livelier. You won’t see quite the same level of crew engagement- after all three days is hard to connect effectively. I would aim for one speciality or patio dinner one buffet and one main dining room dinner. I would try one show only I would see how I like the living room and the Den as alternative drinks venues. 

It will certainly be livelier and busier as everyone tries to do everything but it’s a great way to get a taster.  

• Like 2

I am on the 10 night cruise before this short 3 nighter and am seriously thinking of staying on for it. I am going to see if their are still any cabins left when I'm onboard, in the hopes of maybe getting a bit of a deal! You never know flipflap78 ....might see you onboard. 

19 minutes ago, Lottie A said:

I am on the 10 night cruise before this short 3 nighter and am seriously thinking of staying on for it. I am going to see if their are still any cabins left when I'm onboard, in the hopes of maybe getting a bit of a deal! You never know flipflap78 ....might see you onboard. 

The 5 day before yours is an even better per night price. I may stay on for that one. Get off when you get on. 

Phil 

6 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

The 5 day before yours is an even better per night price. I may stay on for that one. Get off when you get on. 

Phil 

Well you know I was thinking about that one too Phil, it is good value....but I really like the ports on the three day cruise and we have a mutual friend on it! 

13 hours ago, flipflap78 said:

Hello! 🙂

I booked a three-day cruise on Pursuit for next month!
I will leave from Venice (which is always great even for me being Italian) and I can't wait to try this experience! 

I would be interested to hear a post cruise review.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Phil 

Tell me about it! We booked this last year and the prices now are ridiculously cheap - lesson learnt is to book nearer the time as there are numerous flights we can get to the Med from the UK.  I noticed that there are still lots of staterooms unsold too on this cruise. 😯😯

7 hours ago, Ex-vogue model said:

Tell me about it! We booked this last year and the prices now are ridiculously cheap - lesson learnt is to book nearer the time as there are numerous flights we can get to the Med from the UK.  I noticed that there are still lots of staterooms unsold too on this cruise. 😯😯

😥 in short... I don't find it so cheap, I call it more a madness... but happy to have done it (we are not all the same)

😉

Does anyone know if there will be a White Night party on this cruise?  Last time we were on a 3 day cruise a couple of years ago there was a lively white night. We are hoping there will be as we are cruising with our family this time and know they would enjoy it and we would like them to experience all the ways we love Azamara.

I wouldn't have thought so on such a short cruise as it takes a lot of setting up for a White Might party but you never know....they might. 

54 minutes ago, malcliz said:

Does anyone know if there will be a White Night party on this cruise?  Last time we were on a 3 day cruise a couple of years ago there was a lively white night. We are hoping there will be as we are cruising with our family this time and know they would enjoy it and we would like them to experience all the ways we love Azamara.

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 9:54 AM, Lottie A said:

We thought we might do the same thing,and add this 3 night cruise to our 28th May sailing.

However apparently according to our travel agent, Azamara quoted us £1400 to change the flights for the hoeward trip,

This makes it pretty expensive and not worth doing,which is a shame.

1 hour ago, gonecroozin said:

We thought we might do the same thing,and add this 3 night cruise to our 28th May sailing.

However apparently according to our travel agent, Azamara quoted us £1400 to change the flights for the hoeward trip,

This makes it pretty expensive and not worth doing,which is a shame.

Well luckily I booked my own flights ...it was so much cheaper and it's the same flights as Azamara would have booked me on anyway. I can change my Heathrow flight with a little difficulty but I might have to fly to Gatwick instead....not a problem for me. I am going to ask for a deal when I'm onboard ....if it's available great but if not, then it just wasn't meant to be. 

1 hour ago, Lottie A said:

Well luckily I booked my own flights ...it was so much cheaper and it's the same flights as Azamara would have booked me on anyway. I can change my Heathrow flight with a little difficulty but I might have to fly to Gatwick instead....not a problem for me. I am going to ask for a deal when I'm onboard ....if it's available great but if not, then it just wasn't meant to be. 

Definitely will be booking my own flights next time.

Gives you so much more freedom to change your holiday plans when and if you need to.

Its  a great little add on.

35 minutes ago, gonecroozin said:

Definitely will be booking my own flights next time.

Gives you so much more freedom to change your holiday plans when and if you need to.

Its  a great little add on.

Yes, I'm going to be booking my own flights and doing a late booking from now on. Just checked the 3 nighter and the insides and OV's are sold out but there seem to be about 30 balcony cabins still available so we shall see. Maybe some passengers will do the upgrades? I wouldn't care what cabin I had just for 3 nights. 

• 3 weeks later...

arrived yesterday communication of the change pier of embarkation, given the incident last week of the MSC, instead of embarking at San Basilio, we will embark at pier 18
it doesn't change much, the important thing is to leave!
Among other things, the app has been updated and I discovered that the second night there will be a white party! :-) 

• Like 1

On 6/6/2019 at 3:37 AM, flipflap78 said:

arrived yesterday communication of the change pier of embarkation, given the incident last week of the MSC, instead of embarking at San Basilio, we will embark at pier 18
it doesn't change much, the important thing is to leave!
Among other things, the app has been updated and I discovered that the second night there will be a white party! 🙂

I am happy for you! I knew you wanted the White Night.

short break ended... I'm desperate ahahah
it was wonderful!!!
The ship of exceptional elegance, staff had no doubts, all very kind and attentive.
Cabin I knew it made noise (6001) and in fact it was, I can only say one negative thing (which then so negative is not but annoying yes): the curtain in the shower .... 
By now the curtains should be banned in the shower! ahahah
Otherwise really fabulous, white night of my taste!!!!
I hope to take Azamara again!!!! 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, flipflap78 said:

short break ended... I'm desperate ahahah
it was wonderful!!!
The ship of exceptional elegance, staff had no doubts, all very kind and attentive.
Cabin I knew it made noise (6001) and in fact it was, I can only say one negative thing (which then so negative is not but annoying yes): the curtain in the shower .... 
By now the curtains should be banned in the shower! ahahah
Otherwise really fabulous, white night of my taste!!!!
I hope to take Azamara again!!!! 

Thank you flipflap78! We hope you'll sail with us again soon!