Ensure / Boost on board? PM option?

redtees

First time cruisers here.  Thank goodness for this forum  We're learning so much!

Sailing the Grand Princess to Hawaii in November.  Will we be able to buy

Ensure / Boost on board?  Would save us hauling more stuff.

Also, I tried to private message another member, but was told by Cruise Critic  that it is not allowed.

Is there any way to contact another poster?

Thanks for any info.

5 minutes ago, redtees said:

First time cruisers here.  Thank goodness for this forum  We're learning so much!

Also, I tried to private message another member, but was told by Cruise Critic  that it is not allowed.

Thanks for any info.

I have never seen it.

Better take it with you.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, redtees said:

Thanks for any info.

If you need it for medical reasons, like not being able to swallow solids well, call the special needs department, they will tell you what they have and supply you with as much as you need, free of charge. Anne

• Thanks 1

I take my own Boost and protein power on board, as they have nothing close to it on the ships.   

I am recovering from throat cancer, and Boost is one of my 2-3 times a day items.

At most you can get a milkshake, add some protein powder, depending on your needs.  You will need a case or two to get you to Hawaii, and you will be able to get some there.

Edited by Valiamo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, redtees said:

I tried to private message another member, but was told by Cruise Critic  that it is not allowed.

Thanks for any info.

I contact others by posting my email address like: xxxxx at gmail.com (this is not my actual address of course) and asking them to email me. Usually its "that other person" I'm doing the Meet & Greet with or planning to meet with pre-cruise

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Valiamo said:

I take my own Boost and protein power on board, as they have nothing close to it on the ships.   

I am recovering from throat cancer, and Boost is one of my 2-3 times a day items.

At most you can get a milkshake, add some protein powder, depending on your needs.  You will need a case or two to get you to Hawaii, and you will be able to get some there.

My husband is also a throat cancer survivor and we have to take his liquid food with us when we travel. We have had luck with both Celebrity and RCL supplying us with either Boost or Ensure for longer cruises (i.e., TA's), and like I said above, I just called their special needs department (or whatever it's called) explained the situation, and all they asked was 'how many containers do you need'. Don't remember if I ever had to send in a doctor's note. Not sure with Princess, but I assume, that they have a similar program in place for passengers with special needs. Anne

10 minutes ago, Mark+Anne said:

My husband is also a throat cancer survivor and we have to take his liquid food with us when we travel. We have had luck with both Celebrity and RCL supplying us with either Boost or Ensure for longer cruises (i.e., TA's), and like I said above, I just called their special needs department (or whatever it's called) explained the situation, and all they asked was 'how many containers do you need'. Don't remember if I ever had to send in a doctor's note. Not sure with Princess, but I assume, that they have a similar program in place for passengers with special needs. Anne

That is so nice to hear! 

We were just on the Harmony (RCI) and while they were able to feed me soft foods, I didn't know that they would supply Boost or Ensure.

On our last Princess Cruise, I got blended dinners at almost every venue.  The steak, potato and veggie blend was most yummy (tho a yucky grey colour).    I used this email dietaryrequest@princesscruises.com  they respond back very quickly.  I sent it 4 weeks before my cruise with my booking number.  

Congrats to your hubby on being a throat cancer survivor!    Ron

Talked to your doctor and nutritionist if you can use a powder form. Carnation Instant Breakfast  powder mixed with whole milk is often used as a cheap version of Pediasure for children. Pediasure itself now has a powder form. I wonder if Boost or Ensure are available in powder form as well.

Edited by chinita415
  • Thanks 1

Talked to an agent at Princess today about the availability of nutritional supplements on Princess cruise. She told they do have Ensure on board and all that is needed is to send in a doctor's note requesting it. She gave me an email address and a fax number for the access office. I'll be happy to post it if anybody is interested. Anne

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 5:52 PM, Valiamo said:

That is so nice to hear! 

We were just on the Harmony (RCI) and while they were able to feed me soft foods, I didn't know that they would supply Boost or Ensure.

On our last Princess Cruise, I got blended dinners at almost every venue.  The steak, potato and veggie blend was most yummy (tho a yucky grey colour).    I used this email dietaryrequest@princesscruises.com  they respond back very quickly.  I sent it 4 weeks before my cruise with my booking number.  

Congrats to your hubby on being a throat cancer survivor!    Ron

Thanks, Ron, we have been there, twice, so we know what you went through......congratulations to you as well!! Anne

On 5/20/2019 at 9:56 PM, Mark+Anne said:

Talked to an agent at Princess today about the availability of nutritional supplements on Princess cruise. She told they do have Ensure on board and all that is needed is to send in a doctor's note requesting it. She gave me an email address and a fax number for the access office. I'll be happy to post it if anybody is interested. Anne

Anne,

I require nutritional supplements and will be on a 16 day Princess Norway cruise in July.

Did you speak to speak to an agent in a special department? Also I would appreciate it if you would post the email address and fax number for the access office.

Thank you.

Margo