Pinnacle Grille Breakfast

TV Dad

Good discussion.  Hopefully the OP and others following along are getting ideas applicable to their own particular needs.

Our particular "travel party" is three adults and an 18-month-old.  Having never traveled with a baby, I'm thinking things through very carefully, for the comfort of our party and to avoid any discomfort for our fellow shipmates.  Helpful thread! 

5 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Yes, it is expensive. Don't think I'll ever get there unless the Upgrade Fairy is very kind.

I find it annoying that HAL is moving away from the adjustable coffee tables. They aren't large, but two people could squeeze their dinner plates on one and eat at a normal height table. We had a NS on Amsterdam, and if we wanted room service breakfast we had to eat at the desk or hunch over the low coffee table. (Too cold and rainy in Alaska for balcony dining that trip)

Does HAL have any of those old-fashioned hotel room service carts, like you see in old movies? White tablecloth, flower in a little bud vase...

I have never seen one of those service carts on a HAL ship.  And I know exactly what you're talking about as we recently were served dinner on such a cart in NYC.  It was a delightful surprise.  And yes, the flower was there!

2 hours ago, AncientWanderer said:

I have never seen one of those service carts on a HAL ship.  And I know exactly what you're talking about as we recently were served dinner on such a cart in NYC.  It was a delightful surprise.  And yes, the flower was there!

It always makes me think of the movie "Daddy Long Legs," when Fred Astaire rides one down the hallway and into an elevator.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AncientWanderer said:

Good discussion.  Hopefully the OP and others following along are getting ideas applicable to their own particular needs.

Our particular "travel party" is three adults and an 18-month-old.  Having never traveled with a baby, I'm thinking things through very carefully, for the comfort of our party and to avoid any discomfort for our fellow shipmates.  Helpful thread! 

A neptune suite will accommodate your party and solve these problems.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Yes, it is expensive. Don't think I'll ever get there unless the Upgrade Fairy is very kind.

We were able to snag a Pinnacle Suite for +$750 PP for a seven day cruise.  Probably wouldn't do it again but it seemed like it might be our only opportunity.  A bucket list thing more or less.

1 hour ago, JudithLynne said:

The two of us will be in a Neptune Suite on the Amsterdam in 4 weeks.  Do any of you know if breakfast will be served in the PG?  Seems to me I heard that it would be in the upper floor of the dining room.

So far, suite breakfast is still in the PG, except on NS and K, where it's in Club Orange. When (if?) the Club Orange concept moves to other ships, CO/suite breakfast will be in a section of the MDR. 

1 hour ago, JudithLynne said:

The two of us will be in a Neptune Suite on the Amsterdam in 4 weeks.  Do any of you know if breakfast will be served in the PG?  Seems to me I heard that it would be in the upper floor of the dining room.

The S & R ships (of which Amsterdam is one) do not have ocean views so at times the breakfast has been in the MDR as you have heard.

However, I do believe the Amsterdam serves the breakfast in the PG now.  We were on the Rotterdam a couple of years ago and breakfast was also in the PG.  the PG manager said that there were complaints about it in the MDR and people preferred the PG.  He said the R class ships were following the Amsterdam’s lead 😉