HAL Mariner Recognition Program/Pins

The Tsar

40 minutes ago, highscar said:

Just to clear my old memory:   I pre cruise order tours, beverages, packages etc. Are they added points to my on board purchases? 

For your Mariner status?.  Yes, they count.  

On 5/23/2019 at 8:27 PM, Sharon in AZ said:

I got my 100 day Medallion 7 years ago on the Oosterdam on an Alaskan cruise.  My 100 days happened while on board.  In just 10 days we board the same ship, same itinerary and my husband will get his 100 day Medallion.  He will reach his 100 days at some point during the cruise.  I got mine during an invitation only Medallion ceremony prior to the Mariner luncheon.  There were appetizers and drinks and photos taken of those receiving Medallions.  I hope the same ceremony happens for my husband even though he really doesn't care.  For me the Medallions are a special reminder of all the cruises I have been on and the star program are the perks. 

Our 100th day was the last day of our most recent cruise (B2B last January). I didn't even realize it until a thread on this board led me to count days in our history. Hoping to get the medallions on our next rapidly approaching cruise! I don't can about the ceremony, either (we avoid crowds where we can), and the star-program pins have either not been given us, or lost in unpacking. 

We also achieved 4* on that cruise! Free laundry!

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

Our 100th day was the last day of our most recent cruise (B2B last January). I didn't even realize it until a thread on this board led me to count days in our history. Hoping to get the medallions on our next rapidly approaching cruise!

Remember, medallions are based on 'heads in beds' days, and do not include bonus days for suites or spending. 
I don't remember if the count in the history gives both, just the 'heads' days, or separate totals. 

Posted (edited)

We got our 700 day Medallion a couple years ago but I don't remember that it came with a pin.  The original posting showed a 300 day pin.  I guess I will ask the Mariner Rep on the Rotterdam when we board next Sunday.  We will go over 900 days on this cruise.   If would be nice if HAL wants of entice return guests to add a new level for Mariners.  We were 5 Star many years ago.  by the end of 2024 we will have 925 "heads in beds" days.  The next level requires 1400 "heads in beds" days (President's Club).  If they want to entice more Mariners to book maybe a "Captains Club" level at 1000 days.

Edited by iflyrc5
  • Like 1

Just now, iflyrc5 said:

We got our 700 day Medallion a couple years ago but I don't remember that it came with a pin. 

Since the Star Mariner program does give pins, the Medallion program discontinued them. 😒 
The 700-day pin is the only one I am missing. 😒😒😒

10 minutes ago, RuthC said:

I don't remember if the count in the history gives both, just the 'heads' days, or separate totals. 

Just to refresh your memory, the online history is looking like this:

image.thumb.jpeg.d7f1a0b6fc48da3e420bc88d4a5808f8.jpeg

With each older cruise below. No running total of heads-in-bed days; have to add them up yourself. We should have had 7 Onboard Spending credits on the cruise shown, but since we made 2 days over 4*, I didn't pursue it (yet). When I stop by the Desk to inquire about the Medallions, I will ask!

On 1/7/2024 at 2:43 PM, crystalspin said:

Our 100th day was the last day of our most recent cruise (B2B last January). I didn't even realize it until a thread on this board led me to count days in our history. Hoping to get the medallions on our next rapidly approaching cruise! I don't can about the ceremony, either (we avoid crowds where we can), and the star-program pins have either not been given us, or lost in unpacking. 

We also achieved 4* on that cruise! Free laundry!

I passed 100 actual sea days during the 1st leg of a Feb 2023 B2B on NA and figured I wouldn't see the medallion until the 2nd leg; went home empty handed.

Emailed the Mariner desk when I got home - response from Michael was I would get it during the April-May cruise on Eurodam; went home empty handed.

Asked GS about it while onboard during Oct-Nov cruise on NS - response was they would check on it; went home empty handed. Thought maybe they didn't have any since we were going into drydock & that GS forgot to follow-up. 😳

Asked GS about it while onboard during Nov-Dec cruise on NS - was asked to wait a moment while he stepped behind the wall. Went home w/a blue box containing a medallion & a card along with memories of an awkward nod, apology, "here you go" and no congratulations.🙄

And like you, I did the math myself to to determine when I achieved the 100 day milestone. And not so secretly wish days would accumulate across the Carnival family so I could pull in my Carnival & Princess days.

• Like 1