MSC Voyager Club Black level change to Diamond

Norwegian Cruiser 73

As of September 2019 MSC will change their highest tier in the Voyager Club from Black member to Diamond member according to this information from the MSC Fans website. No more information about additional perks and the entry level is still 10 000 points. 

https://mscfans.blog/2019/05/21/useful-information-msc-voyagers-club/?fbclid=IwAR1kj95SHtyggQiifjbfnTRCRqPg-cC0xnSnUSZcaNrqDeQh_ZjJE7SHol8

I’m hearing there is going to be a higher level.....
Watch this space [emoji3]
I'll believe it when I experience it, Mark, and not before then. I've been hearing of it happening for so long that I groan every time the subject comes up.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

I'll believe it when I experience it, Mark, and not before then. I've been hearing of it happening for so long that I groan every time the subject comes up.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Haha. Well I’m willing to have a bet on it. 

By October 18th it will be announced or I will buy you a glass of Moët 😀

It comes direct from a serving Captain 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sidari said:

As it did for the last three years as others have said, even had it mentioned to us on our last three cruises.

Yep Dave I agree -  I heard it first in September 2015 aboard Splendida. 

Hence why the bet with Bea is a drink that’s already included in our package. 

When I received the press release I contacted MSC to ask directly if there will be a new level or new benefits. The PR team replied with:

"The change doesn’t represent any additional rewards, it is simply to reflect the benefits which are already available at that level."

I guess its just a case of wait and see

20 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Perhaps the expression of "Black Member" had a certain resonance that required attention.

ETA ... Wonder what colour a 'Diamond' cruisecard will be?

Now that's funny. For once it had a good connotation. :classic_biggrin:

Jim

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It would have made more sense to re-name it 'Platinum' to continue the precious metal theme after Silver and Gold levels (though would a 'Platinum' colour cruisecard look too similar to a 'Silver' one?  🤔)

Any time the subject of a higher tier has come up, the name 'Platinum' has been mooted - that includes those working for MSC as well as from MSC cruisers.  Looks like MSC is keeping that one for further down the road when, eventually, they'll cop that a new tier is badly needed.

The only interesting changes I saw were regarding Voyagers Selection cruises.  It seems you now get a bowl of fruit in addition to the $50 OBC for silver and above.  Actually the benefit I noticed is starting July 2019 Voyagers Selections will get double points.  I've got a bunch of those booked so MSC better get to work on a higher level than Diamond.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/About-MSC/News/Msc-Voyagers-Club-Benefits-Discounts.aspx

It looks like it'll only be for those who book a VC selection AFTER the end of June 2019 - not for those who've already booked a VCS and will sail after the date.

I've only recently booked a cruise for 2020 from the VCS and the price has dropped since (not by enough to warrant cancelling and re-booking.  I'd lose the deposit and end up paying more as the drop is less than the €200 I'd lose).  On top of that, I'll now probably lose out on the extra points (not that I'm pushed anymore - I'll have over 40,000 after our Oct cruise - 30,000 of which have no value as far as MSC is concerned).

It's a bit vague about double points, though, as it states it'll depend on the 'Experience' booked (As ours is a YC booking, I'd imagine we would have got double points):

As of the end of June 2019, Voyagers Club members have yet another reason to book their next holidays on Voyages Selection cruises, as each of these cruises will allow guests to double their points, depending on the Experience that they book. This offers members the chance to progress their membership level twice as quickly and take advantage of ever-increasing benefits. 

It would appear that MSC is trying to encourage people to book by offering extra points to assist people who are " aiming to reach Black Card Member status in a fraction of the time" but have no incentives for those of us who are already at Black to book and sail, other than at least one in every 3 years to keep our status.

51 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

On the homepage (UK website), under 'Manage Booking' you'll find the tab for Voyagers Club.  Click on it, then scroll down the page:

I had to clear my cookies to gain access to Voyager Club, as their website kept rejecting my Voyager number.

It's strange that they've introduced that system on the UK site whereby you need your Voyagers' Club number to gain access to the VC selections.  It could incentivise people to join VC and sail MSC if newcomers could see the discounts they could avail of as members.  Because the Ireland website hasn't been updated since Flintstones' times, we can access the VCS without having a VC number.

Bea..... sorry you misunderstood - you don't need to enter the Voyager number but when you log in via Your Account, I assume the system knows you are member before showing your cruise past data otherwise it defaults to 'Join Voyager Club' page, then it asked Join or enter club number.  In my case  the website kept rejecting a valid number until I cleared my cookies then it showed cruise past and future data.  Now when I log in and click on the Club it goes straight to the page.  Probably a bug in their system........clearing cookies worked.

Cheers, Mickey.  I mistakenly took it that you couldn't access the VC Selection section.  🙄

The only way I can log in is with a booking number (just as well I have one!).  This despite the numerous times I've contacted them about the issue.  This is the only option that shows:

279633774_ScreenShot2019-05-22at11_02_12.png.58006016a7f2da6232746c527718cd9c.png

When I check my profile page, this is what I get (and have done for more than a year - again, despite informing VC section that I can't check my points and I should have a Black card - I currently have 35,700!!):

111862174_ScreenShot2019-05-22at11_06_45.png.c01c339ebe5f685b455a906ec9ce955d.png

Like you we get the two options to enter MSC website - either via Booking Number or Your MSC Account.

If I access via the  booking number route all I get is details of my future cruise and nothing relating to voyager club or anything else.  Whilst if I access via My Account it gives everything much more than the other route.  It gives me flight details, cabin number, checkin, etc.   If you think MSC website is bad try Celebrity, that's worse........

I also have another problem as I booked a few future MSC cruises via the States - the accounts can't be linked, and is treated as a different cruiseline

Edited by mickey89