Any Ideas How to get done?

Brendaflamingo

Hello Experts,

I booked a Yacht Club  cabin on the Divina on an 11 day cruise not knowing its a steel balcony. When I go in to check cabins available for the 11 days it only shows another one that is the same. This cruise is a 4 day back to Miami then 8 day and we booked the entire 11 days.  When I break down the cruises I can see in the Yacht Club there are various cabins open for the 4 and 8 that we could be changed  that match. Example 15033 on the 4 day and 15033 on the 8 day. There was about 5 to choose from.  I called twice but they will not let me change my cabin.  Now this is my honeymoon and I don't want to sit on my balcony and not see the ocean. They only way to see the ocean is if we are standing.

We also have 8 other Yacht Club cabins of people going with us. It seems like that would show enough incentive to make an exception but the supervisors and the customer service have said no. Its not how their inventory is.  Ive been cruising too long and I know this can be done.  I sent an email to some department that take complaints but it maybe a black hole.

Has anyone had any experience or idea what would be a good way to get this done besides watching everyday for it to change?

Thanks

HI Mickey

Because the price is way higher now and I would lose at least my discount from viewing the Belissima.

You could only use it at the time once. I had to update my sons cabin and luckily the discount codes were still going on I could get another.

Brenda

Edited by Brendaflamingo

6 minutes ago, mickey89 said:

I booked MSC Seaside via the US and the deposit is refundable, assume yours is same.  

Why not cancel and rebook? 

Hi, Mickey, Brendaflamingo , Reg from Liverpool, Sorry for jumping in on this post, But I have also booked thru a TA in the states, Its not some thing we have done before but you get a much netter deal than the UK. Mickey have you ever had any problems with the like's of Etickets being down loaded, Once again sorry for jumping in on your post.
Reg.

I had a similar issue with our Oct booking;  we're doing a 23 night which is also selling as 10 and 13 night individual cruises.  A cabin on a preferable deck came available, but was only for UK bookings and only on each of the 10 and 13 night cruises - not for the 23 night one.

Although in Ireland, we book thru' the UK office, but the system is set up separately for our bookings (and for Euro prices and payments).  The agent I spoke with asked me to leave it with her and she would request that Inventory not only release the cabin to an Ireland booking but also to the 23 night itinerary.  She had it done that afternoon!

35 minutes ago, edsareg said:

Mickey have you ever had any problems with the like's of Etickets being down loaded, Once again sorry for jumping in on your post.
Reg.

I have booked at least 10 cruises via the same US TA.  All previous cruises were Celebrity this is the first MSC cruise.  Never had a problem, everything comes via email and you checkin via msccruises.com.

22 minutes ago, mickey89 said:

I have booked at least 10 cruises via the same US TA.  All previous cruises were Celebrity this is the first MSC cruise.  Never had a problem, everything comes via email and you checkin via msccruises.com.

Thank you.

Brenda......we had cabin 15004 on Preziosa which had the metal balustrade.  It never was a concern as most of the time we were either at the one pool or in the TSL. The balcony are too narrow to stretch out and chairs aren’t that comfortable so you won’t be missing too much.

• Like 1

So combining the ideas in several posts above:  you could transfer this booking to a Travel Agent, with a promise that they can get this done.  They will also undoubtedly throw in some OBC or rebate besides!  Just make sure it's a TA that does a lot of business with MSC and that provides personal service not just an 800 number.

On 5/21/2019 at 3:42 PM, mickey89 said:

I booked MSC Seaside via the US and the deposit is refundable, assume yours is same.  

Why not cancel and rebook? 

@mickey89

I thought that MSC only had non refundable deposits.

We are new to MSC and are planning on booking yet wary that if we want to change rooms or dates that it is problematic.

Thoughts?

We are US-- so US contracts/bookings etc

• 4 months later...
46 minutes ago, cruisingnewtoit said:

How did you know that you had a steel balcony? I'm worried I have one but I can't tell on MSC deck plans.

I just figured it out.  Go to the deck plans and the balconies that are shaded have steel balconies.   

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cruisingnewtoit said:

How did you know that you had a steel balcony? I'm worried I have one but I can't tell on MSC deck plans.

33 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

I don't remember any YC balconies with steel walls. I don't think they go up that high. Been on the ship twice. Once in the YC.

I just checked my January sailing and we do not have the steel balcony.   On the Divina they are on deck 16 towards the front of the ship.  

All deck plans on the Mera show no balcony obstructions or anyone ones that are not plexi-glass. Now I'm a cynic and worry something isn't right 😋.

Edit I did not notice a steel wall marking divider. At least I think that was it. 

Oops I see it for the balconies. MSC didn't have the key legend listed so I didn't look close enough for the shaded circles.

Edited by cruisingnewtoit