rules for re-booking at a lower price???

bellame

We booked our July 7, 2019  NCL cruise on Apr 21  ... paid for it all then.

Got 2 Free at sea perks with our mini-suite.  Looks like if I were to book that same  cruise in the same MA cabin class, I would save about $300 and get 2 more perks!  Can I do this?

3 hours ago, bellame said:

so..... final payment is the cutoff. I didn't know.

BUT....  I'll ASK!!!     Thanks

Most lines have that cut off point, but it can’t hurt to ask, for anything, ever.

6 hours ago, bellame said:

We booked our July 7, 2019  NCL cruise on Apr 21  ... paid for it all then.

Got 2 Free at sea perks with our mini-suite.  Looks like if I were to book that same  cruise in the same MA cabin class, I would save about $300 and get 2 more perks!  Can I do this?

You booked after the final payment date to begin with so I doubt there is anything that can be done. You may want to call your TA or whoever you booked with and see if maybe you can get an OBC, but I doubt you can. This is why, we have learned years ago, it doesn't pay to keep checking bookings after final payment. You will always find someone who got a better price than you. If you were happy with the price you paid it is best to let it go. 

We were in this same situation...sailing in June, booked in April and paid in full at time of booking.  A few weeks ago I noticed the price of our oceanview cabin went waaay down...like over $500 for the two of us.  I called and while they couldn’t upgrade me (price of balcony was still over $1,000 more than what I paid), they did offer me a “better” oceanview cabin or $200 obc.  I took the obc.  Ironically, the price of my cabin has now gone back up to almost exactly what I paid.

The general rule of thumb is 25% of the price difference in OBC. Our cabin category for our June 2 sailing dropped by $100 per person earlier this week. I called my PCC and she was able to get us $50 OBC (25% of the $200 total difference). Be cautious though. They will only do this for you one time per sailing. If you aren't sailing until July 7, the price might drop again between now and then and they will not offer you more OBC if/when it does.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

The general rule of thumb is 25% of the price difference in OBC. Our cabin category for our June 2 sailing dropped by $100 per person earlier this week. I called my PCC and she was able to get us $50 OBC (25% of the $200 total difference). Be cautious though. They will only do this for you one time per sailing. If you aren't sailing until July 7, the price might drop again between now and then and they will not offer you more OBC if/when it does.

There was a price drop in my category. I was given an option to upgrade to an OV (but we're not fans of those) and we're content with our inside. I took the OBC (25% of the difference).  If there's another drop, would they then give me an upgrade if they don't offer OBC?  I had originally called to see if I could do a direct upgrade to a balcony, but the cost was way more than I was comfortable with.  

It’s not a rebook but you can absolutely upgrade if the fare now is cheaper than what you booked!! 

On my 6/16/19 Escape to Bermuda I first upgraded my kids rooms from Interior to OV for free because the cost of the OV was cheaper than what I paid. In fact they even moved them to the fwd facing OV’s which were actually more expensive. I then saw balconies drop within $20 of what I originally paid for the insides and for $40 got them upgrade to balconies and actually for $50 in additional OBC because with NCL you get $50 per cabin for OBC with OV and below and $100 for Balcony and above. So I made $10 actually by paying $40 to upgrade to a balcony.

This is a group cruise with NCL direct but I have done this in the past with a TA and when booking direct.. Just remember as Jamie said earlier they will only upgrade you for free 1x so chooses carefully when to do it.. But no limits if your paying the difference for the upgrade.. 

If you booked direct just calL NCL. If you booked with a TA then you will have to have them call but make sure you tell them you want to wait on hold.

Good luck and don’t take no for an answer because they absolutely do upgrade for price drops even after final payment

Edited by Hockeydad1972

Well..... I finally heard back from my TA this afternoon.

She spoke with an NCL rep who said  ..." the new promotion only applies to new bookings but if you were to upgrade to the next room category you could be eligible for the promotion. To upgrade your stateroom, the price would increase by $608."   My answer was  No Thanks.  

This is already the MOST expensive cruise we have ever taken.

Thanks for everyone's input   ..... it just didn't work out for me this time.