Do I lose my Cabana if I move my cabin?

I tried using the search feature but didn’t have any luck. I’m in a Central Park view room, but am thinking about moving to a Central Park or Boardwalk balcony. I’ve already purchased a South Beach Cabana though and I don’t want to lose that. Will I be able to keep the cabana and change cabins? I’ve learned that finding answers here before talking to the reps is a smart thing! Thank you 😊

16 minutes ago, papaflamingo said:

To be absolutely sure, make sure you change the cabin over the phone and emphasis to your agent that you want to be sure you don't lose your cabana.  

I almost feel this would be more prone to error having seen some fiascoes that arose on here after an agent has hit some errant button!

• Like 3

That’s true! Should we decide to move from the Central Park View (no balcony) to Boardwalk, I’d request the new invoice be sent while I’m still on the phone with them.  Our thinking is that CP looks lovely (have never sailed Oasis class), we like people watching and thought a lower Boardwalk balcony might have more to watch. 8321 and 8727 are both available...

Edited by cooncat_mom

1 hour ago, cooncat_mom said:

That’s true! Should we decide to move from the Central Park View (no balcony) to Boardwalk, I’d request the new invoice be sent while I’m still on the phone with them.  Our thinking is that CP looks lovely (have never sailed Oasis class), we like people watching and thought a lower Boardwalk balcony might have more to watch. 8321 and 8727 are both available...

That really wont do any good as your cabana purchase is not listed on your invoice.  Like i've said we've changed cabins many, many times nd never an issue.  The most recent was 1 moth ago.

1 hour ago, ShillyShally said:

I almost feel this would be more prone to error having seen some fiascoes that arose on here after an agent has hit some errant button!

you really don't have a choice anymore as you cant change cabins on line.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

you really don't have a choice anymore as you cant change cabins on line.

True, I forgot that part, too bad it isn't set up like Southwest to change flights if desired.  Then again I can only imagine the errors that would come from that!

Edited by ShillyShally

5 minutes ago, ShillyShally said:

True, I forgot that part, too bad it isn't set up like Southwest to change flights if desired.  Then again I can only imagine the errors that would come from that!

Southwest has a website that works very well.

Sometimes I think that Royal has removed functionality because they cannot trust their own website.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

Southwest has a website that works very well.

Sometimes I think that Royal has removed functionality because they cannot trust their own website.

Agreed on Southwest!  Ironically though I actually just glitched their (Southwest) system recently.  I was rebooking a flight for my father's funeral that got postponed when Houston had awful storms - the original fare was booked with a credit that expired before the new flight dates but total cost of new flight was lower by more than that credit.  It all appeared to go through seamlessly, until I never saw an email confirmation of the change come through but was busy at work and not thinking too much of it.  To Southwest's credit they called me before I knew it was an issue and an awesome agent rebooked my flights at the same cost and did it in such a way to preserve as much of the original fare/credit as she could!  But that's also a testament to how even if their system fails they jump on it to correct it!

Good point.  It’s been a while since I’ve sailed Royal, and I haven’t been overly impressed with their site or Cruise Planner although I do like their ships! While I haven’t used Southwest’s site (I have a fondness  for trains and cars 😉), I have used NCL’s and find it easier and more informative.

28 minutes ago, ShillyShally said:

...   But that's also a testament to how even if their system fails they jump on it to correct it!

That has also been our experience with Southwest.  Last month we had a flight delayed by several hours, and not only did they make sure we got on the next available flight, but they gave everyone a $200 voucher to use within a year.