Best Aft Haven Suites(H6) on Breakaway-Plus class

tomservo

28 minutes ago, left the dog at home said:

Are any of these Haven aft accessible with a mobility scooter?  The doors appear to be at a weird angle for entry.  Could a scooter get in? TIA  No one at NCL is able to answer this for me. (Specifically Encore)

Officially? No. The interiors of the BA/BA Plus ships are basically the same for aft-facing suites. 

Even if the scooter could enter, there is a 90° turn just a few steps inside by the 1st bathroom. That bathroom door swings out since there is no room for the bathroom door to swing in.

In addition to difficulty getting through and around the suite, getting to the balcony would also be difficult no matter which configuration. 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Officially? No. The interiors of the BA/BA Plus ships are basically the same for aft-facing suites. 

Even if the scooter could enter, there is a 90° turn just a few steps inside by the 1st bathroom. That bathroom door swings out since there is no room for the bathroom door to swing in.

In addition to difficulty getting through and around the suite, getting to the balcony would also be difficult no matter which configuration. 

Hmmm… thank you. DH can get around the room on his own, but if the scooter can’t actually get in I guess it’s not worth it to bid for an upgrade. 
Thank you again! 

10 hours ago, left the dog at home said:

Hmmm… thank you. DH can get around the room on his own, but if the scooter can’t actually get in I guess it’s not worth it to bid for an upgrade. 
Thank you again! 

Debbie,

I have seen folks park their scooters outside the cabin for the duration of their cruise. 

Maryann

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, maryisme said:

I have seen folks park their scooters outside the cabin for the duration of their cruise. 

Even though it does happen, it shouldn't...

"All scooters and wheelchairs MUST be stored in the stateroom. Due to the safety and escape way requirements established by SOLAS regulations, they cannot be stored in the hallways, stairways, or any other public area." - NCL

Plus, the entrance to those suites is in the corner between the aft-facing balcony stateroom and the last side-facing balcony stateroom. Leaving a scooter outside would probably be in the way of someone else. 

• Thanks 2

We were in an Aft Haven on Encore over New Years, and there would have been no easy way to get a scooter in due to the hallway turn just inside the cabin door, and there would have been nowhere to park one nearby in the hallway because as PPs have said, the cabin door is a corner with other cabin doors very close to it.  And the hallways on the Encore are very narrow, any scooter in the hall would make it almost impossible for room stewards (and maybe even foot traffic, depending on the spot) to pass by.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, left the dog at home said:

Thank you again! 

8 hours ago, maryisme said:

Debbie,

Maryann

When we sailed the Encore to Alaska we had an aft Haven room. Each night, there were at least 3 scooters parked in the Haven lounge at the front of the ship. So if you ask ahead of time, and there's no scooter party happening already with 5+ other scooties - they can park it and store it for you elsewhere on the ship. I was told they also have the option of storing it and charging it for you overnight down in guest services. 

So even if it won't fit in your room proper, there is potentially an option to store it outside the room and have it brought to you at the start/end of each day. But again, something to arrange ahead of time so expectations are kept in check. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
14 hours ago, Superflyisme said:

I am wondering if upgrading to an Aft Haven cabin suite is worth it on a cruise to alaska in August?  We want a large balcony and am worried about not having an unobstructed room if we place a bid for this.  Any advice?

I don't think any of the aft rooms have obstructed views. The one we had was partially blocked on the side, you could look left to the starboard side, but the window washer thingy was there. But clear wide open views for all of the aft space.

• 9 months later...
On 5/26/2019 at 12:01 AM, Two Wheels Only said:

With Configuration B, the master bathroom (larger) is near the balcony and has a view of the ocean and balcony but no 2nd access door to the balcony. 

You seem to be the most educated on these rooms, so hoping you can answer my question. We're sailing Encore in 14280 (Haven aft facing penthouse) It looks like we have the B configuration. Do you know anything about how private the glass is since the shower overlooks the balcony. Cruising with my kids (teens) and I'd rather not traumatize them by them seeing me shower if they're on the balcony, lol. Thanks!

35 minutes ago, Nugs10 said:

Do you know anything about how private the glass is since the shower overlooks the balcony.

Both the shower and the bathtub have a privacy curtain BUT light does come through. How much detail a person on the balcony can see other than maybe an outline...I couldn't tell you.