Best Aft Haven Suites(H6) on Breakaway-Plus class

tomservo

Which floors have the best/biggest H6’s on the Breakaway-Plus class ships? Specifically on the Joy. I’ve seen threads on here listing them in size order for the Breakaway ships, but have seen any for the Breakaway-Pluses. 

Now that the Raptors-Bucks game/series is over...:classic_wacko:

The Haven Aft-facing suites come in 2 configurations for the BA & BA Plus ships. Either the bedroom is near the balcony (Configuration A) or the master bathroom is near the balcony (Configuration B).

First, decide on your preferred bedroom/master bathroom configuration.

With Configuration A, the bedroom (larger) is near the balcony and there is a 2nd access door to the balcony in the bedroom.

With Configuration B, the master bathroom (larger) is near the balcony and has a view of the ocean and balcony but no 2nd access door to the balcony. 

Configuration A doesn't have natural light in the master bathroom.

Configuration B doesn't have natural light in the bedroom.

On Breakaway and Getaway, Configuration A is on decks 11 and 14.

On Breakaway and Getaway, Configuration B is on decks 9, 10, 12, and 13.

On Escape/Joy/Bliss/Encore, Configuration A is on decks 9, 10, 12, 13, and 15

On Escape/Joy/Bliss/Encore, Configuration B is on decks 11 and 14. (opposite of BA/GA)

All H6 living rooms are basically the same no matter which ship (BA/GA/Escape/Joy/Bliss/Encore) other than mirror image between port and starboard and decor details. Tiny details (such as a support pole on certain deck 15 balconies) are insignificant.

The balconies are all roughly the same width but differ in depth.

On BA/GA, the size order is 9, 12, 11, 10, 14, 13 from deepest to least deep.

On Escape/Joy/Bliss/Encore, the size order is 9, 12, 15, 14, 11, 10, 13 from deepest to least deep.

(Yes, I copy/paste because I'm too lazy to type the whole thing :classic_wink:)

Edited by Two Wheels Only
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 6

We just got off the Bliss, room 14880 (H6, Config. B).  I loved all the light in the bathroom, the layout was ideal, and I loved the size of our room and balcony.  HOWEVER.  The window washing platform sits just off the balcony and it will obstruct your view for certain things.  It certainly did not ruin our vacay but I was quite frustrated when we were in Glacier Bay looking at Marjorie Glacier.  We eventually got a good angle to take photos but this ugly device blocked a lot of shots.  From what I can tell, the other H6 on 14 has the same issue. 

IMG_0614.jpg

• Like 1

We just returned from Joy yesterday and we were in 9372.   It was perfect.  We had really great weather and loved the balcony!  You have Cagneys right below and cabins above.  I thought it would seem like a long haul to the Haven but it really wasn't that bad.   We would either take stairs down to deck 8 and go to forward elevator up to 17 or take back elevators up to 17 and cut across outside.  In inclement weather the first option would be your best bet. 

DSC_0017.JPG

DSC_0019.JPG

DSC_0828.JPG

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Sand_Sun_Sea73 said:

We just returned from Joy yesterday and we were in 9372.   It was perfect.  We had really great weather and loved the balcony!  You have Cagneys right below and cabins above.  I thought it would seem like a long haul to the Haven but it really wasn't that bad.   We would either take stairs down to deck 8 and go to forward elevator up to 17 or take back elevators up to 17 and cut across outside.  In inclement weather the first option would be your best bet. 

This is exactly what we are considering, an H6 on the Joy in Alaska. Are you posting a review? How much time did you spend on the balcony vs the observation lounge? Does it matter which side of the ship you’re on for this particular itinerary?

1 hour ago, trimom30 said:

We eventually got a good angle to take photos but this ugly device blocked a lot of shots.

It seems that Escape has the equipment issue on deck 15 while the newer ships have it on deck 14. Something that I had never considered.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2019 at 6:51 PM, Sand_Sun_Sea73 said:

DSC_0017.JPG

DSC_0019.JPG

DSC_0828.JPG

I was in this room for the May 25th sailing. I always book a H6 on decks 9 or 12. I spent lots of time on this balcony daily. 

For you ladies out there who utilize the vanity area, and want good light; I booked the H6 on deck 12 (9 wasn't available) as the bedroom opens up to the balcony, and with the mirror having some mobility, I will be able to have actual light on my face.  It was a hard call between the two renditions.  Thank you to all of you for the input and information.

Scanditaly

• 1 year later...
On 5/26/2019 at 12:01 AM, Two Wheels Only said:

Now that the Raptors-Bucks game/series is over...:classic_wacko:

The Haven Aft-facing suites come in 2 configurations for the BA & BA Plus ships. Either the bedroom is near the balcony (Configuration A) or the master bathroom is near the balcony (Configuration B).

First, decide on your preferred bedroom/master bathroom configuration.

With Configuration A, the bedroom (larger) is near the balcony and there is a 2nd access door to the balcony in the bedroom.

With Configuration B, the master bathroom (larger) is near the balcony and has a view of the ocean and balcony but no 2nd access door to the balcony. 

Configuration A doesn't have natural light in the master bathroom.

Configuration B doesn't have natural light in the bedroom.

On Breakaway and Getaway, Configuration A is on decks 11 and 14.

On Breakaway and Getaway, Configuration B is on decks 9, 10, 12, and 13.

On Escape/Joy/Bliss/Encore, Configuration A is on decks 9, 10, 12, 13, and 15

On Escape/Joy/Bliss/Encore, Configuration B is on decks 11 and 14. (opposite of BA/GA)

All H6 living rooms are basically the same no matter which ship (BA/GA/Escape/Joy/Bliss/Encore) other than mirror image between port and starboard and decor details. Tiny details (such as a support pole on certain deck 15 balconies) are insignificant.

The balconies are all roughly the same width but differ in depth.

On BA/GA, the size order is 9, 12, 11, 10, 14, 13 from deepest to least deep.

On Escape/Joy/Bliss/Encore, the size order is 9, 12, 15, 14, 11, 10, 13 from deepest to least deep.

(Yes, I copy/paste because I'm too lazy to type the whole thing :classic_wink:)

On the Encore, deck 9 appears to have the haven balconies more on the side. Is that accurate? Anyone have pics or video?

9 hours ago, Annies88 said:

On the Encore, deck 9 appears to have the haven balconies more on the side. Is that accurate? Anyone have pics or video?

The deckplan is just colored in strangely. The actual stateroom goes all the way to the wall. See post #7

Edited by Two Wheels Only

9 hours ago, cruiseat50 said:

I have a suite on 12 is 9 better and if so why?

The balcony on 9 is slightly deeper.

The balcony on 12 has the better view, IMO.

Both decks have the same configuration.

Personally, I prefer deck 12 overall with deck 9 second. Can't go wrong with either.

• 6 months later...

I got some great information in the previous posts. We are currently in an H6 on 15. I booked it for the balcony, but here are my concerns....

1. Alaska in October (2-9) will we be able to spend much time on balcony? We normally would eat, drink, enjoy the sights out there...but I'm not sure that's going to happen. My margaritas will not melt!

2. Is the aft cabin too far from The Haven when running for drinks, meals, lounge, etc. It is a pretty big ship. To use The Haven bar (which we prefer) we would be making a lot of trips fwd. We do spend time in our cabin vs. being out but I can't wait for The Haven on Encore. It looks amazing.

3. My other option is to move to a 2-BR Family Villa (H5) IN The Haven. The downside of that is not having that huge aft balcony. (

If we were going somewhere warm this would not be a question. We've never been to Alaska. Will we really appreciate having that aft balcony? 

Thanks

We're in an Aft balcony on deck 14 this coming August. Also huge fans of the Haven bar which hubby will be living at. We were debating the same internal struggle as yourself - closer to the bar, or bigger/better views.

Ultimately we opted for the aft because it comes with 2 potties and will use the walk as an excuse to get some exercise.

On 6/22/2021 at 8:49 PM, Sailing12Away said:

We're in an Aft balcony on deck 14 this coming August. Also huge fans of the Haven bar which hubby will be living at. We were debating the same internal struggle as yourself - closer to the bar, or bigger/better views.

Ultimately we opted for the aft because it comes with 2 potties and will use the walk as an excuse to get some exercise.

LOL, that is why we chose the aft on 15 but I think we are going to move to the 2-BR on 18 to be within the Haven. I've been going over this ever since I booked it. If I was going in August, I'd keep the aft I believe, but in October I'm thinking we may not be spending much time out there-more time at the bar. While having the 2  🚽  is great, if I have to leave early to make it back to one...hmmmm. So, we decided to keep our 🚽 close by. So many decisions. Now I can't decide which 2-BR. Am I the only one that over-thinks these things?

There's potties near the lounge and Haven bar, so no need to trek all the way back 'home'. The 2 BR should have a 2nd potty, but I think it was hard to justify the price jump for us since we're only 2 people. We've never sailed aft, so figured this was the time to try it out.

I doubt if you will be disappointed. We  have been in the aft penthouse on the Joy and Escape. Deck 11 and 12 respectively. And have booked the Getaway deck 9 in April. We feel the added bathroom and larger balcony far outweigh the trek to the haven proper. And we are only 2 elderly folks from AZ.

• 7 months later...