Does your picture show up when you purchase a drink?

danak13

Not trying to start any drama because I know that drink package sharing is a controversial topic on these boards. Not trying to share. Going on a cruise with my sister and Mom and my sister's kids. My sister and Mom don't drink but I would like to get the drink package. My sister offered to put it on her account and I would use her card at the bars. Would this work or does your picture come up when they swipe your card at the bars? 

I know people advise switching rooms but I'm booked through a travel agent and she booked through carnival so I don't think they would allow any name changes on the room. 

Or she can give you the money to pay for your Cheers, unless of course, you are booked in a cabin with another person 21 or older who doesn't want Cheers.

In that case she can give you the cash to pay for your bar tab after the cruise.

What a nice sister!

Even with a travel agent it should be pretty straightforward to swap rooms- you're not changing any of the passengers, just the cabins they're assigned to.

If you do that successfully but don't want to actually stay in that cabin, you can just get an extra key for the room that was originally going to be yours... just note that your S&S card account will be merged with the kids staying in that room, unless you set it up specifically to do otherwise.

1 minute ago, Shaded Lady said:

Even with a travel agent it should be pretty straightforward to swap rooms- you're not changing any of the passengers, just the cabins they're assigned to.

If you do that successfully but don't want to actually stay in that cabin, you can just get an extra key for the room that was originally going to be yours... just note that your S&S card account will be merged with the kids staying in that room, unless you set it up specifically to do otherwise.

If I recall, no cruise line will let you do that without their permission. Main reason. Guest count plus the muster drill you are listed in a certain cabin to keep count. Plus evacuation. They want to make sure they have a correct count with the correct persons in the count. Safety reasons mainly.

8 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

If I recall, no cruise line will let you do that without their permission. Main reason. Guest count plus the muster drill you are listed in a certain cabin to keep count. Plus evacuation. They want to make sure they have a correct count with the correct persons in the count. Safety reasons mainly.

I meant to officially change rooms, through her travel agent, not just physically swap rooms... if she isn't in that room according to Carnival she can't get Cheers without the other adult in her room paying for it.

14 minutes ago, Shaded Lady said:

I meant to officially change rooms, through her travel agent, not just physically swap rooms... if she isn't in that room according to Carnival she can't get Cheers without the other adult in her room paying for it.

Got it. Great idea. 

• Like 1