Miami Parking Garage for MSC

TomC21

I’ve asked this in the Florida Departures, but thought I’d get some good answers here.

having never sailed out of Port Miami, I have a feeling it’s going to be very busy and hectic parking there.

is the MSC parking garage close to the terminal? 

Is there easy to follow signage directing you to the garage?

would it be better to drop off the luggage then park, or park then carry(wheel) your luggage to the drop off point?

thank you

Tom

MSC usually uses Terminal F, rarely if the port is very crowded they may use Terminal G.  That's CTF and CTG on the map below.  The closest parking is Garage G, it's much easier to drive by and drop your people and luggage off first then go park and the driver can walk back to the terminal.portmiami-map.pdf

portmiami-map.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Até said:

MSC usually uses Terminal F, rarely if the port is very crowded they may use Terminal G.  That's CTF and CTG on the map below.  The closest parking is Garage G, it's much easier to drive by and drop your people and luggage off first then go park and the driver can walk back to the terminal.portmiami-map.pdf

portmiami-map.pdf 11.38 MB · 5 downloads

Agree.  On departure, get a porter to take your luggage to the garage.  That way you will be able to exit directly.  Otherwise, you have to go around and mix with all the traffic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I don't have a port map handy, but it's the one that is ahead after you drop your passengers and luggage.  Therefore, I don't understand the comment about circulating around.  That would be a bad idea due to all the traffic.

@Happy Cruiser 6143

Hi Linda

We are new to MSC and doing a B2B. Do they use one particular berth? 

TYIA

18 minutes ago, emmas gran said:

Fogfog  things could change in the 6 plus months to your cruise, you are better asking nearer the time 

TY you are correct

I scrolled up too and google mapped..

We may drive partway and then stay in a hotel...

Have sailed from Miami prior-- and the traffic can be rough

2 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I don't have a port map handy, but it's the one that is ahead after you drop your passengers and luggage.  Therefore, I don't understand the comment about circulating around.  That would be a bad idea due to all the traffic.

I also wondered about the "circulating around" comment if the garage is close to the Terminal.  I have yet to find a map of the Port that clearly shows, in enough detail and large enough that I can easily see it, the roadways, etc. at the Port.

2 hours ago, Fogfog said:

We may drive partway and then stay in a hotel...

Have sailed from Miami prior-- and the traffic can be rough

I don't have the option of using a hotel package that includes car parking.  I will be directly transferring from the Volendam in Fort Lauderdale to Miami to embark MSC Meraviglia.  Research on off-port sites for parking in Miami does not encourage me to attempt to use them.  Your comment that "the traffic can be rough" is the understatement of all the traffic conditions in which I have driven including Washington, D. C. and New York City.  I will never, ever, drive on I-95 in metropolitan Miami again!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Fogfog said:

@Happy Cruiser 6143

Hi Linda

TYIA

At the moment they do (F, and park in Garage G) but they are constructing a new terminal in Miami, so who knows in the future.  I just let my sister drive and drop me and the luggage off at the tent.  She knows the ropes, having cruised out of Miami far more often than I.  My preferred port is Fort Lauderdale.  She is the one who knew not to get the car first but to have a porter take our luggage to the garage.  That enabled us to shoot right out of the port as opposed to circling back in all the traffic which is grim on embarcation day.

Here is a map of the port.  http://www.miamidade.gov/portmiami/images/port-map-updated.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

We parked in open  lot E right ( very shady) across from MSC terminal no problem walking across street w/ luggage. Actually access is to Carnival as well .

Came into another terminal but there are sidewalks along port no problem.

if there are a lot of ships in ( we had 9) that day garages get packed!

$20 a day for parking inside or out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cabarr said:

We parked in open  lot E right ( very shady) across from MSC terminal no problem walking across street w/ luggage. Actually access is to Carnival as well .

Came into another terminal but there are sidewalks along port no problem.

if there are a lot of ships in ( we had 9) that day garages get packed!

$20 a day for parking inside or out.

Maybe you haven't parked in the garage lately.  It was $22/day last fall.

On 5/28/2019 at 11:16 PM, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Agree.  On departure, get a porter to take your luggage to the garage.  That way you will be able to exit directly.  Otherwise, you have to go around and mix with all the traffic.

We always use a porter, easiest and fastest way to get around the port.

On 6/2/2019 at 8:27 PM, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

At the moment they do (F, and park in Garage G) but they are constructing a new terminal in Miami, so who knows in the future.  I just let my sister drive and drop me and the luggage off at the tent.  She knows the ropes, having cruised out of Miami far more often than I.  My preferred port is Fort Lauderdale.  She is the one who knew not to get the car first but to have a porter take our luggage to the garage.  That enabled us to shoot right out of the port as opposed to circling back in all the traffic which is grim on embarcation day.

Here is a map of the port.  http://www.miamidade.gov/portmiami/images/port-map-updated.jpg

On 6/2/2019 at 2:17 PM, Fogfog said:

@Happy Cruiser 6143

Hi Linda

TYIA

Not always, this past December we were on the MSC Divina and we sailed out of one terminal but our debarkation was at another terminal.  MSC did provide shuttles to get you to the garage you had parked at.  The information that we would be disembarking at a different terminal was on our boarding passes.

Interesting Dennis!

is there a website available?

Ive given up trying to call MSC on anything ..... you are put on hold forever

thru one general phone #.

Heard there is also a bus service down 95 but then heard it was discontinued.

Brightline would be great!

Florida Today just announced Port Canaveral #1 port to bad MSC doesn’t come in 

by us!!!