How do you keep it a secret?

Hadiez

Hello sea lovers! I have an upcoming cruise and I would like to buy my wife and daughter some goodies to be in the room when we board. How do I keep that a secret??? My wife is on our account more than  I am which is a lot. I need some tips or tricks to get some strawberries and cookies in my room without old eagle eyes knowing about it.

5 minutes ago, Hadiez said:

Hello sea lovers! I have an upcoming cruise and I would like to buy my wife and daughter some goodies to be in the room when we board. How do I keep that a secret??? My wife is on our account more than  I am which is a lot. I need some tips or tricks to get some strawberries and cookies in my room without old eagle eyes knowing about it.

One way is to wait until you board and then order your goodies.  Perhaps you can place a pre-order, designate it as a gift, and it may be "hidden" from prying eyes, but I'm not definite on that.  Call instead of ordering on line to make sure that's possible.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Hadiez said:

Buy them when you get on the ship

When you go to check-out, there is an option to click that it is a gift and it will not show in billing details.  You can also choose who the gift will be sent to.

Not exactly sure where it would show up in your cruise manager.  I have had people that I cruise with send gifts and decorate the room all the time and I have never seen it show in the cruise manager.  Never saw it on the cruise docs either.

• Like 1

On 5/30/2019 at 10:34 AM, Hadiez said:

You didn't mention a cruise line, so difficult to provide a definitive answer. Might be best asking the question on the respective Board for your cruise line.

However, in previous situations I have contacted friends and asked them to order the items as gifts, which I pay the friends cash.

Note: from experience, this is not available on some cruise lines.

This is simple to do:  All cruise lines have a way for others to buy a gift for the people who are cruising. You will need your booking number and sail date.  Make sure you are not logged in to your cruise line's website.   Go to the cruise line's website and look for this option:

Princess: On the home screen scroll to the bottom and in the small print options following Need Assistance under Booked Guests choose "Give a guest a gift."

Carnival:  On the home screen scroll down to the bottom and in the small print options under Already Booked, choose "In-Room Gifts & Shopping"

RCCL:  At the top of the home screen choose "Already Booked" and then "Royal Gifts"

NCL: On the home screen scroll down to the bottom and under Specials and Themed Cruises pick "Onboard Gifts"

MSC: From the home screen select Customize your Cruise.

HAL: from the home screen select Already Booked and then "Buy a Gift for a Guest."

Since you will not be logged in, your order will not go on your cruise plan, but be a separate order and purchase that only you can see.

• Like 1