Fans Provided by RCI in your Cabin

My DW loves bringing a fan for our cabin. She is going through the change and really loves the circulation at night and while getting ready for dinner. The fan is a somewhat small desktop fan and we’ve never had a problem bringing the fan on RCI ships. Recently we were on a NCL cruise and they would not allow us to bring the fan for our cabin. They confiscated it at security checkin and said we could get it back on the last night. In order to accommodate us, they provided a nice floor fan for our cabin in exchange for not allowing our fan. Does anyone know if RCI will provide a fan for the cabin?  If so, we wouldn’t need to bring our fan and one less thing to pack. Thanks!

I ALWAYS bring a small fan, for the same reasons.  I don't care how COLD the cabin may be...if you have a hot flash, you need airflow!  I need it to be small enough to fit on my bedside table at night...I bring an extension cord (without a suppressor) since there are no to few plugs near the bed.

• Like 1

Another thread proving RCI is consistently inconsistent.  We cruise often and have for 25 years.  We bring a small fan although we always request one.  On smaller older ships my guess is 95% of the time they confiscate my fan.  On newer ships most of the time my fan makes it to our cabin.  We’ve been on ships that will provide a fan of varying size, sometimes desk size, sometimes a 20 inch box fan, sometimes not at all.  We also bring a CPAP machine that we attach an extension cord to the machines power cord.  Twice the extra cord has been confiscated.  Recently we cruised in Alaska and could not get a fan and this was on a newer ship.  We kept our balcony door open letting in cold air.  

Anyway, my advise is bring your own small fan and hope for the best.  

We bring a small battery-operated fan for the bedside table, but have also had good luck requesting a fan.  Once we had a standing fan, other times it's been a box fan which isn't as convenient but has great airflow!  And we have never had an issue w/ the battery-operated fan making it to the room in our luggage.  

Thank you for your responses. Like CruiseKeeper says - Consistently Inconsistent. Sound like the box fan is too large and may primarily be used by maintenance to dry or air out spaces. We will continue to pack our own fan and hope for the best..

We have requested a box fan on every RCCL cruise and have always been provided one until this last request for our upcoming Allure cruise in September.  Special Needs said the ships do not provide fans and we would need to bring our own.  I asked (twice) for clarification to be sure that we could carry on a full sized box fan and was told yes.  I'll be bringing the email with me, just in case.  On Carnival (the one cruise we've had with them) we were able to bring our own box fan without an issue.  Thank goodness we drive to port!