keep on getting the same message, too early ?

booked a cruise for next year June, when I log into my account it appears so everything seem fine, but

when I go to the cruise manager and click on cruise excursions I get this message 

MAKING MORE FUN, COME BACK LATER

Right now we’re working on some improvements to cruise booking, so you temporarily won’t be able to make a new booking, make changes to an existing one, or check-in for a cruise online. Check back a little bit later — we’re scheduled to be done by today at 1 p.m. Eastern.

this is appearing for over a month now, is it too soon to check for excursions ? and if it is, when will they be released ?

would love to start planning and comparing

thanks

F

Just now, Schoifmom said:

They simply haven't posted the excursions for your cruise yet.  This could mean that they don't have any contracts for this time at those locations.  Just be patient, they're coming.

though so, being patient isn't my best quality :classic_rolleyes:

have a lovely day

4 minutes ago, fvandewouwer said:

though so, being patient isn't my best quality :classic_rolleyes:

have a lovely day

I get it.  I, also, have a cruise booked for next June.  I check every day to see if the excursions have been posted.

4 minutes ago, Schoifmom said:

LOL.  Yes, the June 3 Transatlantic.

:classic_biggrin: same cruise, so excited, wanted to start looking / booking tours ( Iceland / Greenland really really really important ! )

also a one way flight to NY is so expensive, trying to figure out what to do

trying to figure out from which terminal the ship is leaving ….

will see you on the roll call page ?

thanks for writing to me, have an amazing wonderful day

Frieda

6 minutes ago, fvandewouwer said:

:classic_biggrin: same cruise, so excited, wanted to start looking / booking tours ( Iceland / Greenland really really really important ! )

Frieda

I am in the roll call, but I'm not too terribly active there.  We will be leaving from the Manhattan Cruise Terminal, if that helps (Carnival always uses Manhattan).  I've spent a lot of time online to see what is available in Iceland and Greenland!

13 minutes ago, riffatsea said:

@Frieda,

IF one way flights are expensive try pricing a round trip and just don't use the 2nd half of it!

...and violate your contract with the airline.This makes it illegal and is fraud. They may not prove/catch you at it but if they do the penalties can be substantial.

But this is the CC Carnival board where rules/contracts do not apply to everyone.

23 minutes ago, fvandewouwer said:

Frieda

FB has a group page for this trip. LOTS of information. The ship leaves from the Manhattan terminal at 711 12th Avenue.

Excursions are not showing yet.

It is quite interesting that airlines are the only transportation companies that have rules and regs that are against the interests of their customers.

Do you have concrete information about anyone being penalized for doing what I have suggested??

Folks change their minds all the time about taking flights or not taking them!

I was in Iceland and Greenland last year on another cruise, and somebody arranged a private Golden Circle tour with I Heart Reykjavik...if you have the time, the one I did included lunch. See below. It was a bit pricey, but beyond fantastic.

https://fridheimar.is/en

Qaqortoq is small, and I just walked around. Take a trip up the hill to the postal center and get your passport stamped.

I’m on the Splendor to Singapore in Oct., and they still don’t have tours in some places listed.

13 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

I was in Iceland and Greenland last year on another cruise, and somebody arranged a private Golden Circle tour with I Heart Reykjavik...if you have the time, the one I did included lunch. See below. It was a bit pricey, but beyond fantastic.

https://fridheimar.is/en

Qaqortoq is small, and I just walked around. Take a trip up the hill to the postal center and get your passport stamped.

I’m on the Splendor to Singapore in Oct., and they still don’t have tours in some places listed.

I tried your link but it brings me to a restaurant ??

is this the one https://iheartreykjavik.net/the-tours/partner-tours/golden-circle-tours/hot-golden-circle-including-the-secret-lagoon/

seems magical

thanks for your help

( Singapore is amazing, very easy to do on your own )

25 minutes ago, fvandewouwer said:

I tried your link but it brings me to a restaurant ??

is this the one https://iheartreykjavik.net/the-tours/partner-tours/golden-circle-tours/hot-golden-circle-including-the-secret-lagoon/

seems magical

thanks for your help

( Singapore is amazing, very easy to do on your own )

Yes, that is the restaurant we stopped for lunch. I don’t think all of their tours include lunch. I think it can be negotiated depending on time. And yes, that is the website for tour.

I’m looking forward to Singapore. Also going back in April/2021 for a B2B, Asia and TP.

On 6/3/2019 at 9:14 AM, Bookbug53 said:

FB has a group page for this trip. LOTS of information. The ship leaves from the Manhattan terminal at 711 12th Avenue.

Excursions are not showing yet.

I think there are a half dozen groups for this cruise on FB.  I'm on one of them.  EM

On 6/3/2019 at 6:22 AM, Schoifmom said:

I get it.  I, also, have a cruise booked for next June.  I check every day to see if the excursions have been posted.

So I'm not the only one doing that for next summer's cruise??  🙂

• Like 1