Le Petit Chef video

fstuff1

20 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

Interesting gimmick.

I Probably would pay the embarkation day special discount price.

When we was onboard the Silhouette past March the video was different

2 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

I Probably would pay the embarkation day special discount price.

So what kind of special are you seeing for embarkation day?  We are too far out for any special prices to show up yet.  Looks like a nice gimmick to see one time.

It’s good fun but you might want to have a snack in the buffet before you go. Very small portions and no opportunity to ask for anything extra like the other specialty restaurants. For instance we love the crab cakes in Tuscan Grill and always ask for a double portion. This is not the way it works in Petit Chef. However, I have to say that the food was delicious and the entertainment was worth the 2 for 1 cost. Wouldn’t have been happy to pay the full price though.

this is AMAZING. Very unique. Did some research most people don't realize we are getting this at a bargain price. Skullmapping are famous artists and their dinners usually play in other location at about 200/pp. We were thrilled to see it 2x for only 55pp! Great option for a fun evening!

Saw both the old video and the new. Prefer the new The menu was improved, for me, with the change. I believe that this is still a work in progress and that it remains a one and done venue.

12 minutes ago, Orator said:

Saw both the old video and the new. Prefer the new The menu was improved, for me, with the change. I believe that this is still a work in progress and that it remains a one and done venue.

And therein lies the problem.  When on longer Celebrity cruises (several weeks) we have purchased dining packages for many meals (the last time we did this we had 18 alternative meals).  Over that time we would eat most of our meals in Murano, but also mixed in a few dinners in Qsine and one in the Lawn (we dislike the Tuscan).  We could dine in Qsine multiple times and eat totally different items at each visit.  But with the Petit Chef we would likely go to Qsine only one time as would most folks.  

By the way, the other day we went to the old Qsine on the Summit (it will not change over to Petit Chef until sometime later this year).   As always, we enjoyed our meal and the amazing variety offered in Qsine.  At the end of the meal our waiter mentioned that it was likely the last meal we would have in the real Qsine :(.

Hank

We have seen two different versions/stories of LPC, both unique and great fun. Each offered 2 menu options plus you can take from one menu list and plug in with the other so the menu offered so they actually have many many different food options. LPC continues to be a highlight for our trips and excited to see what else Celebrity has up their sleeves with this amazing technology.