Trading a bottle of the sparkling wine for something else

New Jersey Pat

1 minute ago, New Jersey Pat said:

We get a bottle of sparkling wine in our aqua class cabin. Is there anyway to trade it for a  bottle of red wine  

Travel friends gave us their bottle of sparking wine and since we don't like it, we asked our cabin steward to change it to a light white wine. A few hours later when we returned to our cabin, there was a bottle of pinot grigio on the counter. We never got around to requesting our complimentary bottle. 

Darcy

The easiest is to ask your room attendant if they could change the sparkling for drinkable wine.  If they do, that's not part of their job so think about a tip.  If that doesn't work, or you can't find your room attendant, you can take the bottle with you to the dining room and ask if the sommelier can help convert the sparkling wine to something drinkable.  Many possible responses include: I can give you a $28 credit towards another bottle; I can exchange it for a bottle of house red/white; sorry, can't do it.  If you get the latter, try again the next night, or find that room attendant.  

You really shouldn't have any difficulty....but in understand that the official policy is that it's not exchangeable, so whoever does it for you deserves a tip.  I've never had a problem.

suggestion: If you are going to change it, take it out of the ice bath so the label doesn't come off.

7 hours ago, realnice46 said:

We don't drink either it would be nice if they would offer something else.

We traded ours for a large bottle of water, no problem

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ghstudio said:

suggestion: If you are going to change it, take it out of the ice bath so the label doesn't come off.

In our past B2B onboard the Silhouette our room attendant give us free 2 bottles of the X Champagne without the label.

12 minutes ago, scrapcreator said:

It makes nice mimosas if you order some orange juice off the room service menu. Especially nice on a sea day out on your veranda. 🍾

This sounds like a great idea !  

28 minutes ago, clarky213 said:

I'm in Aqua on my September cruise, will I get a bottle in my Cabin? Didn't see this on the list of Benefits.

Took four days and at least four requests to get ours on our May 9 sailing. But that was pretty much the way it went with everything we asked for.