It's official...all NCL cruises to Cuba are being changed

RupanIII

This was posted to my NCL account

We regret to inform you that today the United States government announced new and immediate travel restrictions to Cuba. As a result, we have ceased all calls to the country and have begun to update itineraries for upcoming sailings. Rest assured that we will communicate to our guests and travel partners as soon as additional information becomes available. We thank you for your patience and understanding as we assess this recent unexpected development and the resulting impact to cruise travel to Cuba.

Thanks for the confirmation. There's been lots of discussion on here about this.

Posted on NCL site splash page: Today, the U.S. government announced new travel restrictions to Cuba. We are closely monitoring these recent developments and any resulting impact to cruise travel to Cuba. We will communicate to our guests and travel partners as additional information becomes available.

Edited by All-ready2cruise

4 minutes ago, Flagal50 said:

is the sun not going to cuba tomorrow

I'm onboard the Sun.  We are not going to Cuba, per the captain's announcement.  We will be arriving in Nassau at noon tomorrow and staying overnight.  We leave Nassau at 5 pm Thursday to return to Port Canaveral.

• Like 1

Wow, I'm so sorry you'll be missing Cuba.  I was there 10 years ago and while I loved the experience of meeting the people, I hated the way they were foreced to live.  Let's hope the regime in power falls soon and freedom soon is just another word in Cuba. Freedom for all. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CC Help Michell said:

I'm onboard the Sun.  We are not going to Cuba, per the captain's announcement.  We will be arriving in Nassau at noon tomorrow and staying overnight.  We leave Nassau at 5 pm Thursday to return to Port Canaveral.

Sorry to hear that you all will be missing your call to Havana.  A bad day on vacation is far better than a good day at work.

Just now, Flagal50 said:

how come the skywas in cuba today

schedule port of call for today, ship was already in cuba before the travel restrictions went into effect. I think the Sky might be the last cruise ship in cuba for a very long time

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, shof515 said:

schedule port of call for today, ship was already in cuba before the travel restrictions went into effect. I think the Sky might be the last cruise ship in cuba for a very long time

The Sky was the first cruise ship from the US to start calling Havana and it was the last.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, CC Help Michell said:

I’m heartbroken for all of you onboard the Sun right now. We were onboard last week and I can only imagine your disappointment.

10 minutes ago, ChrisCJSU said:

The Sky was the first cruise ship from the US to start calling Havana and it was the last.

Pretty sure Carnival was the first cruise line to call on Cuba when restrictions were lifted...  Not NCL.

2 minutes ago, rtkenmore said:

Pretty sure Carnival was the first cruise line to call on Cuba when restrictions were lifted...  Not NCL.

You are right it was the Adonia from the Fathom brand owned by Carnival's parent company.  The Sky has made regular calls there from the beginning of opening up travel to Cuba from the US via cruise ships.

1 hour ago, CC Help Michell said:

Thanks for your post! We were going on the JULY 1 to Cuba.   What a disappointment!

1 hour ago, shof515 said:

Depends if you consider 599 days a long-time or not.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, ChrisCJSU said:

How about we leave politics out of this thread?

Mt thoughts exactly. I was waiting for someone to make a political statement. 

For those who  are affected I am so sorry for you. Over night is Nassau isn't quite the same as a visit to Cuba. I guess we all knew this could or would happen sooner or later. As for compensation I don't think even that, if one is offered is going to make up for the disappointment. it will be interesting to see if NCL does offer anything. 

• Like 5

We are on the 6/17 Sky cruise to Cuba. We will go wherever we are re-routed and have a great time!!!  Id be lying though if I said I didn’t mind going to Nassau. I’d rather stay at sea 😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 1