It's official...all NCL cruises to Cuba are being changed

RupanIII

Seems reckless to announce travel restrictions while the SKY was in port.  The captain should have been notified prior to docking...potentially could have been very dangerous for the passengers.  The timing could have been a bit better.  I agree with the decision.  Now, waiting to hear what is going to happen to my Oceania cruise to Cuba in July with 4 days in Cuba.  

• Like 1

Sorry for those that had their cruises changed.  This is just a temporary blip and cruise and full travel to Cuba will resume in the near future.

That is just reality.  I had to laugh that the only people making political statements were the ones accusing others of making political statements.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

Sorry for those that had their cruises changed.  This is just a temporary blip and cruise and full travel to Cuba will resume in the near future.

That is just reality.  I had to laugh that the only people making political statements were the ones accusing others of making political statements.

I too hope and think it will be very temporary. 

33 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

I don't think so. This mess is costing the cruise lines a lot of money and I think they will think twice before resuming sailings to Cuba without a firm US policy in place. It will probably take a full lifting of the embargo and all travel restrictions to get the  cruise lines interested again.

I went to the NCL website and saw that the Sky has only one sailing for sale, a Bahamas cruise. They have to scramble to figure out what to do with that ship.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ncdebe said:

Just talked to NCL. Their line (for now) is that this is only effecting future cruises. My sailing was Monday June 10. I wish they would be honest. 

We are on the 6/17 sky cruise and the itinerary hasn’t changed on my account, but all Cuban excursions have been removed. It’s just a matter now of finding out where we are going, which I figure is probably the Bahamas.  If that is the case I hope we get some money back as the Cuba cruise was more expensive. 

We went a year ago. So glad we were able to see Havana. Would have liked to return. I, too,  hope the Cuban people regain their freedom and are able to build a prosperous country once again. 

Mary Ann

Edited by UFMOM
  • Like 1

Just talked to NCL. Their line (for now) is that this is only effecting future cruises. My sailing was Monday June 10. I wish they would be honest. 

We are also on the June 10th cruise.  Do they have an alternate port yet?  We are hearing Nassau and I have absolutely no desire to go to Bahamas!  Do you know if they will offer transfers to other cruises?

Nothing official yet. The speculation is either Nassau or Great Stirrup. I'm not a fan of either.

Both RCI and Carnival are offering some sort of compensation for the change. Everyone on NCL is still waiting to hear what is going on. I expect we will hear something today at some point and have been watching my NCL account like a hawk to see whats going to happen. 

5 minutes ago, RupanIII said:

Nothing official yet. The speculation is either Nassau or Great Stirrup. I'm not a fan of either.

Both RCI and Carnival are offering some sort of compensation for the change. Everyone on NCL is still waiting to hear what is going on. I expect we will hear something today at some point and have been watching my NCL account like a hawk to see whats going to happen. 

The waiting is the worst part. Sigh 

I’m not sure how they’re not being honest? I’m on the 6/10 sailing and got a message in myNCL last night that our cruise (and all future cruises) are being re-routed and there will be more details when they have them. You should have a message also. 

Just talked to an NCL Cruise Consultant.  She tells me she heard Nassau.  But she has not heard anything official.  She did say we would get the visa charges back since we won't need a visa.  Hope that isn't all...If we were given the option to cancel and not lose a lot we would consider doing so.   Chose this cruise for the destination only. 

Edited by raidermom50
correction

40 minutes ago, NJ-Yinzer said:

We are also on the June 10th cruise.  Do they have an alternate port yet?  We are hearing Nassau and I have absolutely no desire to go to Bahamas!  Do you know if they will offer transfers to other cruises?

Nope Their whole attitude is "wait and see" 

2 minutes ago, raidermom50 said:

Just talked to an NCL Cruise Consultant.  She tells me she heard Nassau.  But she has not heard anything official.  She did say we would get the visa charges back since we won't need a visa.  Hope that isn't all...If we were given the option to cancel and not lose a lot we would consider doing so.   Chose this cruise for the destination only. 

I’m with you.