Access Desk Response. Or lack of.

I have put in two online forms to the Access Desk regarding allergies and a couple of other minor medical matters and received a receipt confirmation email each time, thus:

"Thank you!

Your form was submitted successfully to the Access Desk, please allow 72 hours for a response.

Please reference Case number  xxxxxxxxxx in any further communication.

Norwegian Cruise Line - Access Desk."

The first form went in about three weeks ago, and the lastest one week ago.

Is NCL stuck in an alternative space/time continuum where an NCL hour is equal to a month of Earth time or something? Will we get on the ship in 2019, and get off in 2037? I'm getting worried. We can't afford $35B in dog boarding fees.

4 minutes ago, Birdie And Sue said:

They have this neat new invention call a telephone... 🤩

I don't like them. I'm foreign. Most Americans struggle to understand me because I speak English.

I say words like ninety nine, and leader, not nyndee-nyne, or leedurr. Ya feel me, ma homies?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Zippeedee said:

The last time I called I was challenged as to whether I actually had a medical issue. The woman was rude at best and completely unable to help with a simple question. Good luck!

Same thing happened to me. I told him: "This is not our first rodeo".  He changed his tune and was pleasant. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, elwood_98034 said:

I don't like them. I'm foreign. Most Americans struggle to understand me because I speak English.

I say words like ninety nine, and leader, not nyndee-nyne, or leedurr. Ya feel me, ma homies?

I hope I never feel you.  That would be gross! 

2 hours ago, Birdie And Sue said:

They have this neat new invention call a telephone... 🤩

I have tried and tried calling them to no avail. It just keeps on ringing. Then when you do get through to a human they put you on hold to connect you to the correct department and then you get cut off. There is no speedy number in the u.k. That i have found sadly. 

I had the same issue. I emailed them and received a confirmation email but nothing more.

I called and although was on hold for 30 minutes it was dealt with right then.

Funny thing is that about a month after my first email I got a response - meaning that their response time for emails is about 30 days 🙂

I had a completely different experience when I emailed them regarding my son's autism and husband's hearing loss. I received a return email w/in a couple days and the help I requested was given. 

I called today at 315pm and was not on hold, spoke to a lovely person who knew her stuff.  All of my issues were handled to my satisfaction.   The issues dealt with food allergies and mobility problems.   Guess it was my lucky day.   

7 hours ago, elwood_98034 said:

I have put in two online forms to the Access Desk regarding allergies and a couple of other minor medical matters and received a receipt confirmation email each time, thus:

"Thank you!

Your form was submitted successfully to the Access Desk, please allow 72 hours for a response.

Is NCL stuck in an alternative space/time continuum where an NCL hour is equal to a month of Earth time or something? Will we get on the ship in 2019, and get off in 2037? I'm getting worried. We can't afford $35B in dog boarding fees.

Often they do not realize that a response  is required before you arrive on the ship.

13 hours ago, elwood_98034 said:

"Thank you!

What the heck does dog boarding have to do with it?

If you have questions about a support animal this is relevant. https://www.ncl.com/about/accessible-cruising

"Norwegian Cruise Line accepts service dogs that are trained to perform a specific task. A service dog may be needed for many different conditions, which would be acceptable under the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) guidelines.

In accordance with the ADA, Norwegian Cruise Line does NOT accept “Emotional Support” dogs as service dogs, they CANNOT sail.

• Guests must provide copies of the dog’s current vaccination records that show all shots are up-to-date (including Rabies), as well as a USDA or International Health certificate
  • Guests are responsible for checking with all ports of call for any special requirements they may have. Guests are responsible for bringing all food, medication and life jacket for the dog
  • A sand box will be provided

All guests traveling with service animals must book at least two weeks in advance to allow sufficient time to check with each port of call and provide Norwegian Cruise Line with all required documentation.

For additional information, contact us via our access link, call our dedicated toll free number (866) 584-9756, or have your travel agent contact us."

Edited by Birdie And Sue

11 hours ago, Birdie And Sue said:

What the heck does dog boarding have to do with it?

If you have questions about a support animal this is relevant. https://www.ncl.com/about/accessible-cruising

Bwahahaaa!  The OP was making a joke that if their cruise left in 2019 but didn't come back until 2037, they would have excessive dog boarding fees.  Pretty sure they weren't asking about a service animal. Unless they have kids, of course. 🙂

23 hours ago, adam_s_allen said:

A phone call would be much quicker but when NCL says they will respond in 3 days and don’t within 3 weeks that’s poor customer service.

Try Princess. I love the Royal. Had it with NCL and I'm a Platinum member.

24 minutes ago, Because_I_Said said:

Bwahahaaa!  The OP was making a joke that if their cruise left in 2019 but didn't come back until 2037, they would have excessive dog boarding fees.  Pretty sure they weren't asking about a service animal. Unless they have kids, of course. 🙂

Boy do I feel stupid! Doh!

On 6/7/2019 at 1:51 PM, YVRBassElectric said:

we traveled with my husband who has diabetes & was 7 weeks post hip replacement. Access desk never replied to my emails but the ship had the information and fulfilled all our requests.

good luck with the phone call and enjoy your cruise

Don't bother calling as many of their res employees work out of their home. Just call Corporate in Miami.

Not getting the attention - the answers - results - maybe this LINK may help:

https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/norwegian-cruise-line-ncl/

It has the top dog phone numbers email addresses to get the results (timely) so your cruise will

not be fraught with doubt indecision misdirection uncertainty etc. and so on and so forth !

1 hour ago, don't-use-real-name said:

Stay away from seeing that movie "Forest Gump" - and I will leave it at that - - - !   LOL !

We're good.  I am not a movie person at all, but I am able to laugh at myself when I was the one who did stupid!  In this case I won the stupid of the day award I think.