Vancouver Airport Shuttle

efisher

How much is the shuttle from the cruise terminal to the airport? And how much $? 

After disembarking the ship we are renting a car and pick it up at the Vancouver airport 

Thanks! 

Ellen 

5 minutes ago, efisher said:

How much is the shuttle from the cruise terminal to the airport? And how much $? 

After disembarking the ship we are renting a car and pick it up at the Vancouver airport 

Thanks! 

Ellen 

Have you just considered using the inexpensive (and fast) Skytrain to get from near the port to the airport?

Hank

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

The Skytrain is very inexpensive and so nice.  The  rail cars are designed for luggage, no traffic delays.  Great option.

I've got too much luggage to consider Skytrain.  Would prefer airport shuttle or the like.  How much does it cost?  If taxi is fixed price, how much would that be?  We're staying at an airport hotel and flying out the next morning.

8 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

I've got too much luggage to consider Skytrain.  Would prefer airport shuttle or the like.  How much does it cost?  If taxi is fixed price, how much would that be?  We're staying at an airport hotel and flying out the next morning.

I think Taxis are about $35 CDN which was fixed going from the airport to Canada Place.  I haven't used Uber in Vancouver but likely cheaper than a taxi.  

56 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

I think Taxis are about $35 CDN which was fixed going from the airport to Canada Place.  I haven't used Uber in Vancouver but likely cheaper than a taxi.  

There is no Uber in Vancouver yet. If you have more than carryon the sky train would be a hassle but it is very close. We took a cab very easy fast and basically opposite of traffic on weekdays and no traffic on weekends.

3 minutes ago, realnice46 said:

There is no Uber in Vancouver yet. If you have more than carryon the sky train would be a hassle but it is very close. We took a cab very easy fast and basically opposite of traffic on weekdays and no traffic on weekends.

No Uber in Vancouber? How sad.😢

• Like 1

2 hours ago, efisher said:

No I hadn’t! Didn’t know there was- will look into this!  Thank you 

efrisher....we were just in Vancouver.  We used the Skytrain...it was quite simple and easy.

From Canada Place cruise terminal, it's approximately a 5 minute walk to the Waterfront Station.  If I remember correctly, it will cost you around $4.  For those coming from the airport (YVR) to Waterfront Station, add an extra $5...some kind of airport fee. 

2 hours ago, realnice46 said:

I believe it is correct that there is no Uber nor Lyft in Vancouver.  But we have used the Skytrain several times with more than carry-ons (ie rolling suitcases), and it is both very easy and convenient.  The Skytrain cars are different than the Vancouver train commuter cars, and are designed for luggage.

• Thanks 1

We found the SkyTrain very easy.  We had a suitcase and carryon each and we could roll the suitcases all the way.  There were no steps or obstructions, just elevators and level entries.  We were doubtful, because we are in our mid seventies, but our Vancouver friends assured us it was perfectly straight forward and they were right.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

The Skytrain is very inexpensive and so nice.  The  rail cars are designed for luggage, no traffic delays.  Great option.

I have been wondering how we should plan to get from the port to the airport myself, and so I'm glad I saw this thread. We have never been to Vancouver and didn't know about Skytrain. Thanks!

12 minutes ago, hsk1977 said:

I have been wondering how we should plan to get from the port to the airport myself, and so I'm glad I saw this thread. We have never been to Vancouver and didn't know about Skytrain. Thanks!

Make a LEFT turn  after you get off the terminal and walk about 500 feet.Waterfront Skytrain station is there.

Once in the station look for the entrance to airport.

Edited by verizon

We were in Vancouver a couple of weeks ago and we used the Celebrity transfer service, after customs we were directed to a bus and they loaded our luggage and we were taken to the airport. I think the cost was about $18.00 US and it was added to our cruise cost.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jsf said:

We were in Vancouver a couple of weeks ago and we used the Celebrity transfer service, after customs we were directed to a bus and they loaded our luggage and we were taken to the airport. I think the cost was about $18.00 US and it was added to our cruise cost.

We were considering this as an option as well. Did it go pretty smoothly, or was there a long wait for your shuttle?  

3 minutes ago, hsk1977 said:

We were considering this as an option as well. Did it go pretty smoothly, or was there a long wait for your shuttle?  

We had to wait about 10 minutes for the bus to fill up but it was air conditioned so no problem

• Like 1

We used it late May and purchased it prior to the cruise. $29 Canadian per person. Probably not the most economical and we waited about 10 min in line and then another 10-15 on the bus. They didn’t pre-sort as to who was flying international versus domestic until they sent us to one bus and then decided it was the wrong one for us. Finding a way to do that would make for a smoother flow.

I have been looking at the Skytrain option so can someone tell me how you pay?  Is there a kiosk or a machine?  Just want to be prepared and not fumbling around when we get there.

Thanks!

Edited by LEtue

2 minutes ago, LEtue said:

I have been looking at the Skytrain option so can someone tell me how you pay?  Is there a kiosk or a machine?  Just want to be prepared and not fumbling around when we get there.

Thanks!

At the Waterford Skytrain station you take the elevator down to the lower level.  There you will find a machine which takes both credit cards and currency.  Very clear instructions.

2 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

At the Waterford Skytrain station you take the elevator down to the lower level.  There you will find a machine which takes both credit cards and currency.  Very clear instructions.

I think is called Waterfront Station?

20 hours ago, efisher said:

Thanks! 

Ellen 

See if you can change your rental car pick up to the cruiseport, that was so very easy!

• Like 1

On 6/10/2019 at 12:50 PM, verizon said:

I think is called Waterfront Station?

It's Waterfront Station.  When you get there, make sure you take the YVR-Airport train.  Sounds obvious, I know, but there is also a Richmond-Brighouse train that goes in the same direction for most of the trip, but then veers off into the City of Richmond pretty close to the airport.