IS ANYONE afraid to book with Carnival

lmb84

1 hour ago, lmb84 said:

Just wondering, is anyone hesitant about booking with Carnival with all that's in the news?

If you'd like to read more about the results of the court hearing and the settlement that Carnival made, you can check out this thread: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2668195-judges-june-3rd-decision-re-carnival-corp-sanctions/

In regards to insurance, you can buy it through Carnival, and that's fine, but many people use third-part insurance. It's more often than not cheaper than Carnival's and has better coverage. One of the more popular sources for trip insurance is https://www.insuremytrip.com/

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sfaaa said:

Did you read the cruise contract? Carnival can change ports at its discretion. So don't book if you are this worried. 

Did you read? It wasn't about changing ports. The judge originally threatened to stop Carnival from departing out of U.S. ports.

No. Not worried at all. I do find it ironic though that Carnival stopped putting free pens in the cabins, and don't give out plastic drinking straws unless asked, all to supposedly reduce polluting the ocean with plastic. And yet, they get nailed for illegal dumping.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lmb84 said:

Just wondering, is anyone hesitant about booking with Carnival with all that's in the news?

Not in the slightest...next cruise is booked and will continue to book with confidence....10 down and many many more to come!!!

4 hours ago, lmb84 said:

Not at all. I have three booked. They are fine. They are addressing their environmental issues. There’s no way they will be banned. Just too big a hit. They will do what’s necessary to avoid it. I don’t have any hesitation in booking with them.

2 hours ago, Meoff said:

New here.  I was booked to the Cuba.  Carnival disappointed they canceled this port.  No one want to go to a Costa Maya.

I actually kind of enjoyed it but I like to walk around and haggle.

6 hours ago, elcuchio24 said:

Yes I agree with the post below. Still not a bad idea to buy insurance, but not because of a port stoppage. Thats just alot of bluster, but, life does happen so insurance is never a bad idea :-). Dont worry, and enjoy your cruise, and the lead up to it!

Thank you I will!

3 hours ago, Steve551 said:

Imagine yourself onboard a cruise ship heading to Cuba when suddenly travel to Cuba is banned. 

It’s not the cruise line’s fault but the cruise line is so worried about their guest’s disappointment and inconvenience that they not only find another port to visit but they refund 50% of the cruise fare. They worry less about their bottom-line and more about their guest’s happiness/satisfaction.

"Imagining" is all you could do if you were on a CCL cruise ship because all CCL figured it was worth is $100 OBC.  How's that for a "thank-you"?

Imagine you read the ticket contract you agreed to, saw that that no port is guaranteed, and Carnival didn't owe anyone $100 per PERSON OBC. Imagine that. You're welcome.

• Like 5

Count my vote as NOPE too!  😁😁. I've got a local Port 4 day in Feb 2020. Then a 7 Day Eastern Caribbean in Feb 2021.  

Im really liking the new (to me at least) Deposit/Make Monthly Payments ( no interest) way of booking my cruise. No credit card bill! I usually book my 4 day local cruises a bit in the future, so I can save the cash needed.

Now , I have Carnival taking over that financial aspect . I like it!

🌻🌻 Bobbi 

Edited by Markmom18
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, lmb84 said:

Nope. I can't say that I've followed the stories that closely but if Carnival was really that lax about their environmental policies the violations would have involved practically all of their ships instead of just a handful. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

And now you're here trying to convince everyone else to do the same? Good luck with that.😉

No I'm not. I do not care how you spend your vacation money.

I'm just enjoying the sharing of opinions with everyone.... isn't it fun?

I love how upset people get when you say something negative about their beloved cruise line, Carnival - even if it's true. Really? You think that Carnival Corp cares about you personally? I bet that you do!

Edited by Steve551

22 hours ago, lmb84 said:

Thank you for that...I feel better...They were saying if you didn't buy insurance, than you should...

You should always buy trip insurance, regardless. Carnival is NOT going to be banned from any ports. Feel free to book.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, coevan said:

I doubt that, just showing a video of a cruise out of financial reach of many

You're probably correct. But like Dr. Kohote said, I'm just an emotionally stunted individual who is seeking any type of attention I can get, even negative.

I'm going to stop now.... I've had all of the attention I can handle  LOL

Edited by Steve551