Diamond Plus Gift/Amenities

On 6/11/2019 at 2:04 PM, Sunny AZ Girl said:

We are new D+ members.  Our first D+ sailing will be on the Adventure of the Seas Snowbird Migration Cruise in October.  We have been told that we should call RCI to request our D+ gift.  I do see that benefit listed on the "Benefits" page of the RCI site, but the gifts are not listed.  I do plan to call soon, but would like to know what those gifts are so that DH and I can decide what we would like.  Has anyone recently requested a gift and can tell me what the choices are?

Also, what can we expect onboard new as D+ members? Since we haven't sailed a Voyager Class ship in a number of years can we expect discounts to venues such as Johnny Rockets? What other perks we can expect over the ones we have received in the past as D members?

Thank you in advance!

Hi Just started reading this thread because we just became Diamond Plus on Majesty last week. I enjoyed Diamond but also excited about all the fun we have had becoming plus. The Snowbird cruise on Adventure will be our first cruise at the new status.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Nice!  I found it, missed the part where they mentioned Hobart...was looking for Tasmania spelled out....silly me!

Early February is not doable for us, though would have loved to add in those earlier legs!  I know you will have fun...OMG!!  Over four months on the ship....what a way to go!  🙂 Love the looks of the leg that circles Australia!

Are you staying on when we hit Honolulu?  Still nothing to book listed after we dead end there.  I would like to continue from there, but am worried about the Jones Act...not sure how that works yet.  

We are currently booked on Ovation for the May 8 TP sailing from Tokyo to Seattle.  Planning to fly to Tokyo from Honolulu.  😀

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Got a little more expensive than last year...supply and demand....but cheaper here since they don't have to be shipped...simply trap to plate.  😉  

Lobster rolls run from anywhere from 15.00 a roll to 20.00 a roll...but are made so much different at each restaurant.  Traditional...my favorite...is simply chilled lobster meat tossed with "butta" and put on a NE bun that was grilled on both sides.  Mmmm....  🙂 

Saving our whole steamed lobster for our next stop (where we are spending the summer) tomorrow.  This was last year's "little bugs"....

WP_001865.jpg

Bucky looks so happy in this picture!  The lobster looks delicious!  Enjoy!

2 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Yep, but I thought the ship price was more than $20. 

Hmm...probably.  Have never ordered it on the ship...just noticed the option.  Didn't see any lobster traps hanging off the aft of the ships on the New England cruises either.  😉 

1 hour ago, pstone1 said:

We are currently booked on Ovation for the May 8 TP sailing from Tokyo to Seattle.  Planning to fly to Tokyo from Honolulu.  😀

Nice!!  Sounds like you are really doing it in style!  I am just anxious to book the continuation from Honolulu coming up from Sydney as soon as booking is available.  Would like to have the chance to keep same cabin.  I already have to move twice on the four legs...ughh...

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Oh he was!  The Lobster up there are nervous already, knowing we are on the way.  LOL!!  😄 😄 

Our favourite hotel in Tenerife (Jardin De Nivarra) has a big fish tank by the poolside restaurant with live lobsters in and you pick which one you want and they catch it and cook it for you.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Our favourite hotel in Tenerife (Jardin De Nivarra) has a big fish tank by the poolside restaurant with live lobsters in and you pick which one you want and they catch it and cook it for you.

See that a lot up here in Maine...even at almost every grocery store.  🙂  You point to which victim you want, then they scoop it up and steam it up for you!  Mmmm....fresh!   

Our campground host takes orders the day before, with desired delivery time.  Shows up at our picnic table steamed fresh on a platter....I supply corn on the cob and the drawn "butta".....and most importantly...the wine!  🍷  We are indeed "happy campers".  🤗

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

See that a lot up here in Maine...even at almost every grocery store.  🙂  You point to which victim you want, then they scoop it up and steam it up for you!  Mmmm....fresh!   

Our campground host takes orders the day before, with desired delivery time.  Shows up at our picnic table steamed fresh on a platter....I supply corn on the cob and the drawn "butta".....and most importantly...the wine!  🍷  We are indeed "happy campers".  🤗

Sounds perfect.

4 hours ago, #1cruiseaholic said:

Hi Just started reading this thread because we just became Diamond Plus on Majesty last week. I enjoyed Diamond but also excited about all the fun we have had becoming plus. The Snowbird cruise on Adventure will be our first cruise at the new status.

That will also be our first cruise as D+ status!  See you onboard!  We can compare notes.😎

This thread has taken a turn from the D+ amenities.  But since I plan to eat lobster on the Adventure Snowbird cruise and am also on the May 8 Ovation in 2021 (Tokyo to Seattle) I am enjoying the read.  Now, if only that Maine lobster was included in the D+ amenities, it would be perfect!

On 6/21/2019 at 2:52 PM, John&LaLa said:

I get the Conundrum every now and then, but only as a solo. Laura's preferences over ride mine. 😉

As a result of reading this thread (and mostly the wine thread that was closed), I just bought my first bottle of white Conundrum. My local liquor store doesn’t carry the red but offered to order it for me. 

On 6/21/2019 at 6:42 PM, pstone1 said:

This is the bag I am talking about!  As you can see, it is well-used!

IMG_0091.thumb.JPG.27e2b57134ac1ea6057b01380c9c584e.JPG

I still have 2 brand new ones of those that I have not used!  Those bags last forever, throw them in the washer and they are good to go

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, link99 said:

Does anyone happen to have a photo of the Logo Gear Beach Towel they received, if they selected that option.

Thanks in advance.

This is the beach towel we received. It is navy blue even though it doesn’t picture that way. After washing it is quite soft. Beware of the lint when you dry it in the dryer. 

0745EF05-C7C3-4B77-BF32-5CC8E59794AB.jpeg

Thanks island 284. My wife has been wanting the New Beach Towel listed in Gifts and Gear. It has also been on display on the pool deck,was hoping it was that one. This one looks nice. Just made Diamond Plus and was looking at the options. We will get the towel the switch back to the Champagne. We usually get drink package so Champagne not a priority.

P.S Just gonna break down and buy the other beach towel.