Whisky/Whiskey lovers!

redrobin

1 hour ago, Icon901 said:

I like your style ☺️

This is a sampling of the home bar so I’ll likely smuggle a few goodies aboard for a treat and just temper my expectations for the selection on board! 

5E22D16E-0D2E-4C27-91B3-85AA8C5B7F6B.jpeg

When is the sit down and serious chat about things ephemeral?

At any rate a good conversation starter... 😉

Cheers and bon voyage

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Icon901 said:

I like your style ☺️

This is a sampling of the home bar so I’ll likely smuggle a few goodies aboard for a treat and just temper my expectations for the selection on board! 

I see nothing there that you’ll see onboard. 

Four different Van Winkles?  Ignoring the rest for the moment. When are you contemplating cruising? I’ll make a special effort to be on that sailing!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Icon901 said:

I like your style ☺️

Terrible behaviour smuggling hard liquor onboard!. You should be ashamed. :) By the way this is an interesting website...

http://www.rumrunnerflasks.com/

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

😂 Love this forum already! 

Indeed Ive got the VW 12 (x2),15, and 23yrs. Candidly my favorite is William Larue Weller (same distillate barrel proof). I keep ~200 bottles at any given time. Perks of having good friends in the industry 🙂

Will be on the Nov 2 Eclipse sailing I believe... celebrating my parents 70th. We will have the premium beverage package so anything snuck aboard will have nothing to do with saving money / stealing from X, and more to do with treating my brother and father to a nice celebratory dram a couple nights on the ship.

Thank you kindly for the rumrunner recommendation! I see they work best in checked bags or on your person.

GLASSWARE QUESTION:

What sort of glassware do the ships keep? Are there glencairns for the whiskey drinkers or are neat pours served in rocks glasses. I’m no glassware snob, just curious. 🙂

Many thanks, and if any fellow aficionados will be on that sailing, hit me up and I’m always happy to share with the class.

Edited by Icon901

8 hours ago, Icon901 said:

GLASSWARE QUESTION:

What sort of glassware do the ships keep? Are there glencairns for the whiskey drinkers or are neat pours served in rocks glasses. I’m no glassware snob, just curious. 🙂

Many thanks, and if any fellow aficionados will be on that sailing, hit me up and I’m always happy to share with the class.

If you bring your own, that would insure you have them to drink from...

Although I doubt the bartender would fill it for you, they would use X's glasses and you would need to pour it into yours.

Cheers and bon voyage

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

If you bring your own, that would insure you have them to drink from...

Although I doubt the bartender would fill it for you, they would use X's glasses and you would need to pour it into yours.

Cheers and bon voyage

No need, I was merely curious what they use.

I’ll enjoy my evening whiskey out of any glassware they provide as it it merely a vessel to carry the delicious nectar to our waiting mouths, right? 🙂 

Thank you so much for the responses. You folks are fantastic. 

• Thanks 1

Has anyone tried these duty free Macallan offerings?  I emailed Celebrity customer service because in the "advertisement" for the Macallan flight tasting, it seems to show the old/non-duty free Macallan scotches (Fine Oak etc).  The drink list from Celebrity shows the scotches below.

The four whiskies in the Macallan Quest Collection – the Quest, Lumina, Terra, and Enigma – each pays homage to the journey taken by the different oak types 

Edited by zitsky

On 7/19/2019 at 8:30 AM, Icon901 said:

😂 Love this forum already! 

Indeed Ive got the VW 12 (x2),15, and 23yrs. Candidly my favorite is William Larue Weller (same distillate barrel proof). I keep ~200 bottles at any given time. Perks of having good friends in the industry 🙂

Will be on the Nov 2 Eclipse sailing I believe... celebrating my parents 70th. We will have the premium beverage package so anything snuck aboard will have nothing to do with saving money / stealing from X, and more to do with treating my brother and father to a nice celebratory dram a couple nights on the ship.

Thank you kindly for the rumrunner recommendation! I see they work best in checked bags or on your person.

GLASSWARE QUESTION:

Regarding rumrunners...."I know a guy" who uses them. After 20 cruises he's never been caught.  Doesn't do it to avoid drink packages, just likes what he likes which often isn't available on board.  And yes, checked luggage works best. Puts them in shoes etc.

Edited by mac66